Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Re: What if we got Lara Croft, but the new one?

Dec 2, 2012
you just made a good point noc, actually if im correct i believe underworld had dlc on 360 that never came to ps3.
[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 61 of 86 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 2, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Then you should be able to appreciate the fact that the series is being represented, even if its not with the Dante you prefer - that's all I'm saying. People have the right to be disappointed with new Dantes inclusion, but they gotta appreciate the fact that Dante made it in.

@Noc - Hmm, I don't know. Lara's inclusion in the roster would increase PSABR & Tomb Raider on the PS3's sales, as well as relate the character back to the PS3 as well. It's a win win situation for both rival companies.

No one is going to buy a game for console that gets late DLC.  They're gonna look around and seethat the 360 gets DLC first and buy it for that console instead.  There are plenty of other characters that can be in that will increase sales, this game is far from needing Lara.  On the other Lara definitely needs this game.

@Jam:  I wonder how many copies of those games were traded in when gamers found out how bad they were?

Message 62 of 86 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Dec 2, 2012
okay this is my last comment to you sohail because im tired of this, new dante does not represent the real DMC, he represents DmC but he has nothing except for some useless icons that people hardly pay attention to, thats it thats all, hes not representing DMC, just like how raiden isnt representing MGS but hes repping MGRR
[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 63 of 86 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Her new game looks fantastic, so why not?

Same reason why I don't have much of a problem with SuperBot including new Dante instead of old.  Yeah old is more iconic, and I probably would have preferred to have him. But if the new game still looks pretty good (and plays well based off the demo I played), and still feels like DMC, then I don't really mind if we get new Dante instead.

I'd prefer Old Lara Croft but don't have a problem with them using the newer one.

Her new game does look great but it's being backed by Microsoft, would you represent something your rival makes more money off of?

Well I don't see how that's relevant. Metal Gear Rising is mostly being pushed by Microsoft as well (we saw both its announcement AND its gameplay demo at the Microsoft conference, I'm fairly sure), yet Raiden's still in PSASBR.

I'll admit that Tomb Raider has become more of a Microsoft franchise this gen, but that doesn't mean Sony shouldn't put Lara in. Putting Lara in would remind people that Lara Croft owes a ton of her legacy to Playstation, and nobody can deny that. Microsoft can push the new Tomb Raider all they want; doesn't change the fact that Lara is and forever will be a classic PSone character. She deserves a spot in this roster as much as anybody.

Message 64 of 86 (76 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Then you should be able to appreciate the fact that the series is being represented, even if its not with the Dante you prefer - that's all I'm saying. People have the right to be disappointed with new Dantes inclusion, but they gotta appreciate the fact that Dante made it in.

@Noc - Hmm, I don't know. Lara's inclusion in the roster would increase PSABR & Tomb Raider on the PS3's sales, as well as relate the character back to the PS3 as well. It's a win win situation for both rival companies.

No one is going to buy a game for console that gets late DLC.  They're gonna look around and seethat the 360 gets DLC first and buy it for that console instead.  There are plenty of other characters that can be in that will increase sales, this game is far from needing Lara.  On the other Lara definitely needs this game.

@Jam:  I wonder how many copies of those games were traded in when gamers found out how bad they were?

Yea if you are in the minority of PS3 gamers who also own an Xbox 360. I'd wager more PS3 gamers also own a Wii/Wii U instead. Just a thought.

Message 65 of 86 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

jamcakes wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

jamcakes wrote:
I agree with you that only a small margin of gamers today would appreciate the PSOne history, though I'm sure a great deal of gamers today would know what a PSOne was - I'm not sure how this argument is relevant considering Parappa was included. Do you think that Parappa's relatively distant roots aren't as much of a problem as Lara's because he is undeniably a safe, uncomplicated Playstation character? I could understand that, but it seems a real shame that the roster is largely made up of what they 'could' get rather than what they 'should' have got.

That said, I'm glad in some ways as I doubt Sir Daniel would have been given as much attention if they actually had access to every character they considered worthy of a spot, Playstation exclusive or not.

Parappa was on the PS2 as an exclusive and Sir Dan was on the PSP.  Everyone knows what a PS2 and a PSP is.  There's a difference of being know for being Exclusive on the PS2 and PSP and being known for having too many terrible mulitplatform games since the PS2 days.

I don't see how the quality of the games matters. I thought MediEvil: Resurrection was a bad game, but still feel he deserves a spot because of his legacy on Playstation. For me personally, whether she was multiplatform or not makes no difference - Tomb Raider in comparison has been both popular and consistent in sales. If 'everyone knows what a PS2 and a PSP is' then they will know exactly who Lara Croft is, but from here we disagree on how important her multiplatform activity as of late is when considering her inclusion as a Playstation All-Star. I think her Playstation 1 legacy (and the fact that Playstation is the only platform which is home to every major Tomb Raider release) is enough to merit her inclusion, I'm sure many think otherwise.

You're gonna need more than PSOne love to get it, you need a legacy that has matched its beginnings.  No one cares about Lara Coft anymore and they didn't care about her during the Tomb Raider movies.  Everyone cared about Angelina Jolie, for taht brief moment Tomb Raider popular in pop-culture not because it was any good but because the lead actor was hot.  Since the PSOne Tomb Raider has fallen.  It has been conistent with low sales as of lately.  Like I said the revival being backed by Microsoft kinda throws out here PSOne legacy and replaces it with a new start with Microsoft support.

I'm sorry but you are just wrong. I've never played a single Tomb Raider game and Lara should be in this game because she is THAT iconic and I think of the PSone when I think of Lara Croft. That and the pair of movies she inspired. She's one of the biggest video game characters of all time and helped define the PSone to the point of even people who haven't played her games know who she is.

You're on a PlayStation forum so you should know about Tomb Raider 1 exclusively for the PSOne.  You should also know about Tomb Raider 2 and 3 mulitplatform for the PSOne and N64 and I'm pretty sure for the SEGA Saturn as well.  If anything I see Nintendo buying this character for the next Smash to compete with Nathan Drake's inclusion of this game.

Message 66 of 86 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 2, 2012

jamcakes wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

You're gonna need more than PSOne love to get it, you need a legacy that has matched its beginnings.  No one cares about Lara Coft anymore and they didn't care about her during the Tomb Raider movies.  Everyone cared about Angelina Jolie, for taht brief moment Tomb Raider popular in pop-culture not because it was any good but because the lead actor was hot.  Since the PSOne Tomb Raider has fallen.  It has been conistent with low sales as of lately.  Like I said the revival being backed by Microsoft kinda throws out here PSOne legacy and replaces it with a new start with Microsoft support.

Low sales? Tomb Raider still remains to be one of the best-selling franchises to date, at the very least in comparison with the rest of the roster. Her legacy is not 'thrown out' in the slightest. Imagine the Tomb Raider movies never happened, in fact LONG before they were even in production Lara Croft was a universal figure who exploded into pop culture like no other gaming character ever has.

I'm gonna defend Nintendo on this one, no other vidoe game character has exploded into pop-culture like Mario has.   Lara Croft had a big rise but the fall was much bigger than her rise.

Message 67 of 86 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2905 posts

Dec 2, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

Despite what crystal dynamics says, square enix has the final say.  Now we all know that Sony has been talking to Square enix about a final fantasty character and are probably still negotiating with them.  Square could very well give lara over as a way to advertise the new tomb raider.  The new tomb raider game comes out in the middle of march so if lara is ever going to be in allstars, she would probably show up for download at the begining of march or late febuary.  After that window, i'd say her chances are pretty much nil

How do we know Sony and Square are talking about a Final Fantasy character? For all we know SE could have given Sony the middle finger and just ended the chance of getting any Square rep years ago.

Message 68 of 86 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

jamcakes wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

jamcakes wrote:
I agree with you that only a small margin of gamers today would appreciate the PSOne history, though I'm sure a great deal of gamers today would know what a PSOne was - I'm not sure how this argument is relevant considering Parappa was included. Do you think that Parappa's relatively distant roots aren't as much of a problem as Lara's because he is undeniably a safe, uncomplicated Playstation character? I could understand that, but it seems a real shame that the roster is largely made up of what they 'could' get rather than what they 'should' have got.

That said, I'm glad in some ways as I doubt Sir Daniel would have been given as much attention if they actually had access to every character they considered worthy of a spot, Playstation exclusive or not.

Parappa was on the PS2 as an exclusive and Sir Dan was on the PSP.  Everyone knows what a PS2 and a PSP is.  There's a difference of being know for being Exclusive on the PS2 and PSP and being known for having too many terrible mulitplatform games since the PS2 days.

I don't see how the quality of the games matters. I thought MediEvil: Resurrection was a bad game, but still feel he deserves a spot because of his legacy on Playstation. For me personally, whether she was multiplatform or not makes no difference - Tomb Raider in comparison has been both popular and consistent in sales. If 'everyone knows what a PS2 and a PSP is' then they will know exactly who Lara Croft is, but from here we disagree on how important her multiplatform activity as of late is when considering her inclusion as a Playstation All-Star. I think her Playstation 1 legacy (and the fact that Playstation is the only platform which is home to every major Tomb Raider release) is enough to merit her inclusion, I'm sure many think otherwise.

I'm sorry but you are just wrong. I've never played a single Tomb Raider game and Lara should be in this game because she is THAT iconic and I think of the PSone when I think of Lara Croft. That and the pair of movies she inspired. She's one of the biggest video game characters of all time and helped define the PSone to the point of even people who haven't played her games know who she is.

You're on a PlayStation forum so you should know about Tomb Raider 1 exclusively for the PSOne.  You should also know about Tomb Raider 2 and 3 mulitplatform for the PSOne and N64 and I'm pretty sure for the SEGA Saturn as well.  If anything I see Nintendo buying this character for the next Smash to compete with Nathan Drake's inclusion of this game.

I'm not here just because its a Playstation forum. I'm here because its the official PSASBR forum and that doesn't mean I should know anything about Tomb Raider, but because I happen to know of Lara Croft I can atest to how well known she is. But alas you deflect anyone's criticism without providing any good counterpoints worth considering.

Message 69 of 86 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

Yea if you are in the minority of PS3 gamers who also own an Xbox 360. I'd wager more PS3 gamers also own a Wii/Wii U instead. Just a thought.

You're missing the point though, it's mainly X-Box gamers that are excited for the new Tomb Raider.

Message 70 of 86 (61 Views)
0 Likes