Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: What if we got Lara Croft, but the new one?

Dec 2, 2012

jamcakes wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

jamcakes wrote:

I meant from the Playstation 1 era, and yes if she was the only one excluded. I don't think her 'mating with the 360' makes any difference at all, though that might just be me. Tomb Raider has always been multi-platform, and yet Lara has always been synonymous with the Playstation, perhaps less so now but that doesn't erase her lengthy history as Queen of the Playstation 1 era.

Yeah, good luck with that.  Maybe to a PlayStation fan but not to the mass majority these days that see Tomb Raider on the 360 because that all they have been showing their builds on.  They look at Lara and say, "oh she's on X-Box character."

Who the hell says that? They may present builds on the 360 but only idiots say 'oh shes on X-Box character'. I seriously doubt even a minority, let alone a 'mass majority' would think that way based solely on some exclusive DLC and gaming events. They could even make her a Wii exclusive if they wanted to, I'll say it again, nothing would erase the fact her legacy is and always will be with Playstation. I understand and respect the decision to exclude her from the game, but theres no disputing she is a Playstation character.

I respect what you're sying to but the fact that I can dispute it means there's a dispute about it.  Like I said, the mass majority that play video games barely know what a PSOne is or what was on it.  Hell, I had a PSOne and around 85% to 90% of its library and I barely remember what was on it.

Message 41 of 86 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 2, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
True, I respect that, but there's gotta be a little appreciation. New Dante is better then no Dante, same case with Raiden, same case with Lara etc.

that's true.  we should appreciate any company that wants to get involved

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 42 of 86 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Dec 2, 2012

also do you people even realize why we call new dante DINO, its because he acts nothing, looks nothing, isnt even similar to the real dante at all, heck if he was a real rep for DMC they would have a red jacket alt for him but no even the minion is kat, the only rep for the true DMC is some useless icons, thats it.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 43 of 86 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

@Nocturnal__Gamer

I agree with you that only a small margin of gamers today would appreciate the PSOne history, though I'm sure a great deal of gamers today would know what a PSOne was - I'm not sure how this argument is relevant considering Parappa was included. Do you think that Parappa's relatively distant roots aren't as much of a problem as Lara's because he is undeniably a safe, uncomplicated Playstation character? I could understand that, but it seems a real shame that the roster is largely made up of what they 'could' get rather than what they 'should' have got.

That said, I'm glad in some ways as I doubt Sir Daniel would have been given as much attention if they actually had access to every character they considered worthy of a spot, Playstation exclusive or not.

Message 44 of 86 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 2, 2012

i do really hope she makes it in.  i'm a softie for the ps1 era games haha.  Her, crash, spyro, snake, and cloud would make me feel like a little kid again

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 45 of 86 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Dec 2, 2012
He has the same moveset, what else do you want him to do in a fighting game ?
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 46 of 86 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 2, 2012

jamcakes wrote:
I agree with you that only a small margin of gamers today would appreciate the PSOne history, though I'm sure a great deal of gamers today would know what a PSOne was - I'm not sure how this argument is relevant considering Parappa was included. Do you think that Parappa's relatively distant roots aren't as much of a problem as Lara's because he is undeniably a safe, uncomplicated Playstation character? I could understand that, but it seems a real shame that the roster is largely made up of what they 'could' get rather than what they 'should' have got.

That said, I'm glad in some ways as I doubt Sir Daniel would have been given as much attention if they actually had access to every character they considered worthy of a spot, Playstation exclusive or not.

Parappa was on the PS2 as an exclusive and Sir Dan was on the PSP.  Everyone knows what a PS2 and a PSP is.  There's a difference of being know for being Exclusive on the PS2 and PSP and being known for having too many terrible mulitplatform games since the PS2 days.

Message 47 of 86 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Dec 2, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
He has the same moveset, what else do you want him to do in a fighting game ?

okay sohail, im not about to start with you he does not have the same moveset, look at mvc3, then look at psabr thats proof enough, heck even his devil trigger isnt the same, dante never froze enemies with his devil trigger.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 48 of 86 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Couldn't the same arguement be used with Crash then Noc ? (which I personally agree with, but people still want him in, so Lara's inclusion should also be just as warranted).
Message 49 of 86 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Dec 2, 2012
I've played MvsU3, this game isn't going to copy those moves though is it. He may be missing a move or two, but if you think the moveset would have been significantly different (if different at all) because of it, then your just going out of your way to hate new Dante.
Message 50 of 86 (65 Views)