Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Re: What if we got Lara Croft, but the new one?

Dec 2, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

musicfreaklam wrote:

I really want Lara Croft, just to have ONE more iconic PSone era character.  I need my nostalgia fix, man!

There would be no nostalgia to her because it wouldn't be Old Lara, so wanting her that reason isn't a good reason at all.

Just the fact that it is Lara Croft the character from Tomb Raider is enough for me.  I don't even care if people throw a Dante-fit and call her LINO.  Just the fact that it's her is fine by me

Message 21 of 86 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5753 posts

Dec 2, 2012
I'd prefer the new one.

Message 22 of 86 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Dec 2, 2012
I'd feel the nostalgia - it's the series being represented, not just the character. I'm not like the 'Donte' people, who can't relate a new iteration with their past.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 23 of 86 (131 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 2, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I'd feel the nostalgia - it's the series being represented, not just the character. I'm not like the 'Donte' people, who can't relate a new iteration with their past.

Well, I can understand why their mad because there's a bond between Dante and Vergil that doesn't exist in the new game.  Other then that the game is fun to play.  It's like DMC2 all over again, the storyline is terrible but the game is extremely fun to play.

Message 24 of 86 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 2, 2012

honestly, if square doesn't jump on the chance of putting her in order to advertise their new game, its a wasted opportunity.  Think about it from square's point of view.  You are literally being PAID by a game company to advertise YOUR upcoming game which in turn wll have more people buy YOUR game therefore increasing YOUR PROFITS.  Getting paid to advertise is every business company's dream

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 86 (121 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Dec 2, 2012

If we somehow get Lara Croft in this game, and it is the new one. I think it'd be interesting if she had a move like Toro's and Parappa's AP gathering moves. Where she gets on one knee, and wraps bandages over her arms, giving herself AP.

Message 26 of 86 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Regardless of the new Dantes story, can people not acknowledge the fact that he is representing the past series, and be content with that ? Sure, be annoyed about the appearance, but atleast understand that the series is being rep'd.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 27 of 86 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 2, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Regardless of the new Dantes story, can people not acknowledge the fact that he is representing the past series, and be content with that ? Sure, be annoyed about the appearance, but atleast understand that the series is being rep'd.

True, I mean look at his character appearences on the All-Stars page.  Previous games other then DmC show up on the listing.

Message 28 of 86 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Dec 2, 2012
The new Lara would be fine. More females ftw and she could easily have the old green outfit from the earlier Tomb Raider games as a 2nd costume:-)
Message 29 of 86 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

i think people are more annoyed with the fact that his past appearance isn't even a costume and instead his costumes are jacketless and shirtless.  For example, I'm a big metal gear fan and i wasn't too sure i liked the idea of new raiden in allstars, but once i saw his alternate costumes are the past versions of him, i liked having his newest version as well because it celebrated him from every time period.  I think that's how people feel with dante

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 86 (91 Views)
0 Likes