Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 06 2012
By: HELLSAGENT_17 Fender Bender 2792 posts

What if the reason for the delay..

20 replies 279 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

Was because SuperBot had to remove certain characters? Think about it, this has happened before with Square Enix and Geno with Brawl and his stage.

Check out this scenario:

SuperBot gets the rights to Crash & Cloud

SuperBot gets to work

Out of nowhere, SE and Activistion close off the deal because they made a 'foolish' mistake knowing they could of gotten more $.

SuperBot has to set up a delay because they have to remove all traces of these characters and their stages/mashups from the game.

/Scenario.

They don't want to disappoint their fans, so they tell us they set up a delay to "polish" the game some more. Now think about this. CALLING ALL BETA TESTERS! Most of us have gotten the privilege to get our hands on the beta and the demo. Have you actually noticed anything clipping or odd? I certainly had no problems with the frames. In my honest opinion, I don't think it was polishing.

BUT, I also find it hard to believe 20 characters is the final set up (Especially those pulling out random numbers out their ***). But this theory supports PG's Intel of 22+ and why he was caught off guard.

Opinions?

Message 1 of 21 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Re: What if the reason for the delay..

Oct 6, 2012

Yeah, it's possible. 

Message 2 of 21 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 6, 2012

That'd be one hell of a pull. Unlikely.

Message 3 of 21 (226 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I still find it strange that they released all their characters so early. Something seems off.
Message 4 of 21 (201 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I doubt it. This would be a major sour note in the relationship between those corporations if done after the agreement was reached. Not to mention, it could easily constitute a breach depending on how the contract was structured and worded.

I think they just couldn't get these characters and are now trying to get the rights for some of them as DLC.

Message 5 of 21 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2792 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:
I still find it strange that they released all their characters so early. Something seems off.

They MAY have, don't forget, characters don't make up the whole game, they still have a cr*p ton of stuff to reveal!

Message 6 of 21 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
411 posts

Oct 6, 2012
impossible
just marketing strategies
nuff said. game has already done since e3
trust me
Message 7 of 21 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
535 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Yeah except if they did get the rights to Crash and Cloud, SE and Activision couldn't pull out of the deal as easily you make it out to be.

Theory wrong.
Message 8 of 21 (161 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Once you make a contract you would receive rights to use whatever characters in a set amount of games, ads, and use in story. So no i dont believe its possible to void a contract that easily. I think the month delay was to work on the campaign
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 9 of 21 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:

Ehh not really. I assume that they had the announcment schedule set up before they decided to dely in which case that it would make perfect sense to have all the charaters announced a couple weeks before the game hits shelves

Message 10 of 21 (144 Views)
0 Likes