Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Re: What if Brawl followed the "One character per franshise" Rule?

Dec 23, 2012
You forgot Mr. Grimm
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 31 of 44 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1125 posts

Dec 23, 2012
-Nariko
+King bohan
+Roach
+ Bohan's generals(forget their name)

P.S CAN U UPDATE THE OP WITH CAPS, BOLD AND/OR COLORING TEXT. its kinda hard to read all that and not that appealing to even wanna read i skipped most of it
ps allstar  sig

farts.... excuse me.. *farts louder
Message 32 of 44 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Dec 24, 2012

P.S CAN U UPDATE THE OP WITH CAPS, BOLD AND/OR COLORING TEXT. its kinda hard to read all that and not that appealing to even wanna read i skipped most of it

sure

Message 33 of 44 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 24, 2012

You should add Yunica under Kat

Message 34 of 44 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Dec 24, 2012

One other thing I noticed is that a lot of the characters in Smash from the same franchise (i.e Mario & Luigi) have always done the SAME EXACT THING in their respective franchises.

Mario and Luigi, for the most part, have had the same function in Mario games; plumbers who just run & jump. Different character, same function.

Yet Mario & Luigi have completely different movesets in Smash. 

So the same can be applied to two similar characters from the same Playstation franchise. Chloe Fraiser & Drake may seem the same on the surface but they can be tweaked to have different movesets. And heck, if those two can work, Lara Croft & Drake in the same game can definitely work.

Message 35 of 44 (133 Views)
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Dec 24, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

One other thing I noticed is that a lot of the characters in Smash from the same franchise (i.e Mario & Luigi) have always done the SAME EXACT THING in their respective franchises.

Mario and Luigi, for the most part, have had the same function in Mario games; plumbers who just run & jump. Different character, same function.

Yet Mario & Luigi have completely different movesets in Smash. 

So the same can be applied to two similar characters from the same Playstation franchise. Chloe Fraiser & Drake may seem the same on the surface but they can be tweaked to have different movesets. And heck, if those two can work, Lara Croft & Drake in the same game can definitely work.

you make a great point.

Message 36 of 44 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Re: What if Brawl followed the "One character per franchise" Rule?

Dec 24, 2012
I don't see why they did it like this. The only reason I can guess is so they could make a squeal with a greatly expanded roster. I would love seeing Zeus.
Message 37 of 44 (126 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 24, 2012
@IceColdKilla On the flip side they also have characters from completely different games with the same moveset (Ganondorf and Captain Falcon :L)
Message 38 of 44 (112 Views)
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Dec 24, 2012

wait... woah... WOAH. your right O_o now that I think about it...

Message 39 of 44 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
@IceColdKilla On the flip side they also have characters from completely different games with the same moveset (Ganondorf and Captain Falcon :L)

Well that's intentional design. Anyone who has played F-Zero and Zelda know that Falcon and Ganondorf are very different. Only reason their movesets are similar is because Nintendo made it that way.

Message 40 of 44 (92 Views)
0 Likes