Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Re: What happened to Sweet tooth!!!!

Oct 24, 2012

They took away his shotgun range, his air stomp now doesn't hit people in mid air and the spread is lowered, you can only place one mine at a time but in other builds I seen multiple mines, and really the most popular way that most people are going to gain AP is with the shotgun. I know some 4 hit combos that end with the shotgun and set up moves so this won't really be a problem for me but to other people it will turn them off

Photobucket
Message 11 of 24 (115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Yeah I've noticed that sweet tooth has never won any of the matches I've played. He's slow and I have never seen anybody use his super moves, it's pretty unfair considering how fast other characters are. On the topic of Radec I've never had any problems with him. I play as him and I actually usually win. You just need to wait and get his level 3 super and get 6 kills. I even beat a guy playing as sly by one kill in the last 3 seconds of the match. Just 3 seconds and I got 6 kills beating the 5 he'd gotten over the course of the whole match.

Message 12 of 24 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Oct 24, 2012

tjd78 wrote:

Yeah I've noticed that sweet tooth has never won any of the matches I've played. He's slow and I have never seen anybody use his super moves, it's pretty unfair considering how fast other characters are. On the topic of Radec I've never had any problems with him. I play as him and I actually usually win. You just need to wait and get his level 3 super and get 6 kills. I even beat a guy playing as sly by one kill in the last 3 seconds of the match. Just 3 seconds and I got 6 kills beating the 5 he'd gotten over the course of the whole match.

I win with Sweet Tooth all the time. We should partner up

Photobucket
Message 13 of 24 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Oct 24, 2012

TONESTER_925 wrote:

They took away his shotgun range, his air stomp now doesn't hit people in mid air and the spread is lowered, you can only place one mine at a time but in other builds I seen multiple mines, and really the most popular way that most people are going to gain AP is with the shotgun. I know some 4 hit combos that end with the shotgun and set up moves so this won't really be a problem for me but to other people it will turn them off

That explains alot. They pretty much nerfed him. But from my like 17 matches I can say this.

Sly reminds me of Marth from SSB. He moves quick, has light attacks, powerful air combos, and is somewhat good at defending

Sweet Tooth seems to be the SSB counterpart of Ike/Roy. Hes slow, isn't too ranged, and has some extremely powerful close range attacks.

Kratos is like Link mixed with Ike. Hes powerful, has good range, and just kicks **bleep**. Imo, hes easily the easiest and best character to use.

Message 14 of 24 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Oct 24, 2012

musicfreaklam wrote:

Colton360 wrote:
Yea I feel like sweet tooth and fat p need to be a little better IMO

All the characters are pretty balanced right now actually.  Fat Princess is really good!  People just don't know how to use her.  She's my main on the beta.  I can't say the same about Sweet Tooth because he's my second least played character (behind Radec)

I agree Fat Princess has some kick*** combos and 70% of the time I win when I'm here. I also agree that sweet tooth is the only character that is underwhelming, all the rest I found balanced. A quick fix to the speed of his Level 2 and some quicker AP gain can fix that. I think the beta is amazing so far and after playing for an hour I have pre-ordered the game

PSN: tha_jammer

ABE and CHIMERA FOR PSASBR
Message 15 of 24 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 24, 2012

tooth is awesome, but he is really hard to use.

Im clearing about 8-10 kills a game with him, but you have to get to his level 3. it takes patience with sweet tooth. you cant just rush in and expect to win. space with the mine and cocktail, use the ground slam and shotgun or shoulder slam for a quick combo. dont ignore his flame breath and machette as they actually have some uses.

he takes time. dont give up on him.

Message 16 of 24 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Oct 24, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

Having never played any of the previous betas, I thought Sweet Tooth was always this useless. I thought it was weird how I could be on a kickass streak with him and still barely get a LV 2. SuperBot needs to get on this. I get that in fighting games there are some characters that are meant to be stronger than others, but take a page out of Smash's book, and at least try to balance them out. Don't make Kratos a super powered unstoppable juggernaut - running around at the speed of Usain Bolt, and characters like Sweet Tooth and Radec powerful as a freaking **bleep** who move like snails who are nailed to the floor.

Why would you ever want to take a page out of Smash's book? The game's incredibly unbalanced. See: Metaknight in Brawl, Falco in Melee...

Message 17 of 24 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Oct 24, 2012
I got 25 score with radec just 10 minutes ago but Radec is character, is a VERY boring character as you only need to spam the sniper and that's an easy win. Sweet tooth lvl 3 is what makes him worth it, i make 6 kills easily on 2v2, i bet i can get 9 in a FFA. Radec lvl 3 super is better than the last beta(instant kill) and is posible to get 7 kills if you have god aimbot like on cod. Sly is pretty good now, he is just annoying with his stealthy attacks -.- Fat princess and Parappa again are the weakest right now.
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 18 of 24 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Are you kidding me? If he was nerfed then in the last beta he must have been a god. I always do great and win with him. But I do think his level 3 super is too weak. People are learning and as it turns out guess where you can evade it? Right beneath him.

Just jump whenever he ground stomps and you will not die.
Message 19 of 24 (72 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1035 posts

Oct 24, 2012
i can kill by using his lv.1 and 3 he's not a bad character as long as you know how to use him

all the characters are even
Message 20 of 24 (66 Views)
0 Likes