Sackboy
367 posts

Re: He is the voice actor of Polygon Man

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

francesco734 wrote:

He is the voice actor of Polygon Man

No, Jerry Lambert voices Polygon Man. Due to the demand to see Kevin Butler in the game.

He's uncredited due to the recent lawsuit.

And to answer your question, OP, Eric didn't work with Nolan or David directly. He probably only assumed Snake was in because the secondary character Raiden was in. And Nolan North voicing Nathan Drake is a no brainer.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (273 Views)
Wastelander
690 posts

Re: What happened to David Hayter? Seriously!

Nov 27, 2012

Was my one objective when I watched the credits, in the voice overs section there was no Polygonman or David Hayter listed... so I guess Polygonman must have voiced himself O.o

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
367 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Was my one objective when I watched the credits, in the voice overs section there was no Polygonman or David Hayter listed... so I guess Polygonman must have voiced himself O.o

Jerry Lambert voices Polygon Man.

They listed him uncredited because they want nothing to do with him. But the boss fight was already done by the time the lawsuit with him and sony happened.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Nov 27, 2012

DisturbedSavio wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

They listed him uncredited because they want nothing to do with him. But the boss fight was already done by the time the lawsuit with him and sony happened.

Yup, I got that, we posted at the same time, thanks! :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Wow, I did not know that. Sad to have Kevin Butler leave, his E3 speech must've been the best thing Sony's ever had in their presentation.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

I've got a feeling that Eric Landin jumped the gun and assumed that David Hayter was already in the game. Since he's just a VA, he probably didn't know that Raiden is the MGS rep and not Snake. Good Cole's lines don't say anything specifically about Raiden, so there was nothing hinting at their rivalry while he was recording.

Although, David Hayter said he couldn't comment about Playstation All-Stars, so it's possible that Sony and Kojima are still in talks to make either Snake or Big Boss as a DLC fighter.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (230 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Nov 28, 2012

DisturbedSavio wrote:

francesco734 wrote:

He is the voice actor of Polygon Man

No, Jerry Lambert voices Polygon Man. Due to the demand to see Kevin Butler in the game.

He's uncredited due to the recent lawsuit.

And to answer your question, OP, Eric didn't work with Nolan or David directly. He probably only assumed Snake was in because the secondary character Raiden was in. And Nolan North voicing Nathan Drake is a no brainer.

Where did you hear this?  Just out of curiousity

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I remeber Zodian saying that he watched the credits and found no David Hayter. What did happen to him?
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
712 posts

Nov 28, 2012

DisturbedSavio wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if they did this, is there any solid source or anything like that? Snake/ Big Boss is probably going to be DLC if it's still true that David Hayter had some involvement in the game. If Konami gave them Raiden so easily it seems unlikely that they wouldn't give them Snake and David Hayter's voice talent, they even somehow got Stephan Fry back as the narrator from LittleBigPlanet.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Nov 28, 2012

gamerkid99 wrote:

DisturbedSavio wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if they did this, is there any solid source or anything like that? Snake/ Big Boss is probably going to be DLC if it's still true that David Hayter had some involvement in the game. If Konami gave them Raiden so easily it seems unlikely that they wouldn't give them Snake and David Hayter's voice talent, they even somehow got Stephan Fry back as the narrator from LittleBigPlanet.

I honestly think that people would have made even more accusations about the game if Snake was included (seeing as he was in Brawl).  I think that once the game is out for a while and people realize that it's not a "rip-off" and it is its own game, then SuperBot would be safe to release Snake as DLC.  I think Old Snake from MGS4 would be the best rendition of the character

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (185 Views)
0 Likes