Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
527 posts

Re: What characters need a buff?

Dec 30, 2012

Mostly, I think Jak needs an AP boost.

E.g. Mass inverter is one of the slowest abilites in game, you can't really combo off it, and it only generates 5AP + 1AP for each additional enemy.

Or how about the PeaceMaker (UT), it generates 5AP + 1AP for each additional enemy, while Ratchets Similar Ability is 30AP + 20AP for each extra opponent.

Now, I know Ratchets ejects, while you might get hit by Jak Peacemaker more than once, so I think 10AP + 5AP for each additional opponent would be fair.  Though as a Jak fine, I would want 15AP + 5AP =)

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 27 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Dec 30, 2012
I have to say what big daddy needs is a buff to his range but only a slight one. also maybe a little buff for his level one because of how hard it is to hit people with but it isnt that bad. besides that i think Big Daddy is fine. Definitely doesnt need a buff to his level 3
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 27 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I think Fat Princess needs a speed boost. Her attacks seem quite slow compaired to characters like Raiden.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 27 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Sweet Tooth needs a buff? The same guy who can Combo into his super and his super has virtually no start up? Yeah lol, I say maybe Heiachi and Sir Daniel.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 27 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Dec 31, 2012
I think the amount of AP that Sackboy gets on Jam Session needs to be increased, (maybe to 15 or 20 AP) and on his lvl 1, either the startup needs to be decreased, or the range and/or the amount of time there is a hitbox needs to be increased.

I also personally believe that Toro and Jak need more combos. Jak, mostly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 27 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 31, 2012
I honestly think Jak needs a buff a bit. I would not lower the ap gain on his blaster it's only 30ap for all three shots and that's his high generation move, almost every character has one move that gives them that so why take it from Jak. His needle lazer should go from 8-12ap to like 14-16ap for all three hitting. I would say go from 5 to 10 on both mass inverter, and peace maker. Also make his Gryo buster stay out longer and go a bit further I think 5ap a bullet landed is fine as it can add up in crowds. Finally make his down triangle bullet bounce like one more time and it would be good.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 27 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Ghost_12985 wrote:
I think the amount of AP that Sackboy gets on Jam Session needs to be increased, (maybe to 15 or 20 AP) and on his lvl 1, either the startup needs to be decreased, or the range and/or the amount of time there is a hitbox needs to be increased.

I agree that Jam Session needs an AP increase since it has such slow startup and 10 AP is pretty much useless. And yeah, his level 1 could use a range increase. It's one of the worst level 1 supers in the game.

I feel like some of his more difficult to land physical attacks, particularly his jetpack, grabinator grab, and slap, need a buff too. Trying to land a combo with Sackboy is incredibly challenging since characters can knock him away so easily. The AP they generate really isn't enough to make them worth the risk. As it is now, hitting the foe with 3-5 pieces of cake from a safe distance will net you just as much AP as his combos would. So you're better off spamming cake then putting yourself in danger to try and land combos.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 27 (98 Views)
0 Likes