Nov 27 2012
By: DisturbedSavio Sackboy 367 posts

What are things Superbot should have done different?

[ Edited ]
8 replies 142 views Edited Nov 27, 2012

In your opinion? 

I think this game should have had..

- A sprint feature, when you double press the D-Pad. Only being able to walk feels sort of sterile.

- Charged attacks.

- Less slow paced gameplay. Would have been better if it was a fast paced game like Guilty Gear, but in this Smash Bros style.

- More of an emphasis on preforming ariel attacks and combos. This is one area where it fails to break away from Smash Bros.

- Higher gravity, so it feels less floaty and faster.

- A story like the SSE in Brawl, where the cutscenes are like a CGI movie.

- A cast of third party characters who aren't there for the sake of politics and promoting games.

- You get to aim attacks, not ONLY shoot certain ones diagonally.

- The Ability to preform supers mid air.

- Movesets celebrating the past. The groovetron, not Mr. freakin Zurkon.

Message 1 of 9 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Re: What are things Superbot should have done different?

Nov 27, 2012
Am not starting shiz but ain't you picking hairs here? I mean really picking at the define detail?
Message 2 of 9 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I wouldn't say the third party characters are just promoting games.

Big Daddy has no upcoming games whatsoever, and Heihatchi, Raiden, and Dante have had very prominent roles in Playstation history. You can't blame Superbot for what Capcom gave them.

All things considered, if it was 100% Superbot's choice, they would've made Classic Dante their Capcom rep, along with Chun-Li.
Message 3 of 9 (129 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I just made a topic about lag. I think this game should have had the same kind of lag like Street fighter has, you know, the one where it takes the character half a second before he does it, instead of the terrible teleport lag it currently has.

Message 4 of 9 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Nov 28, 2012

DisturbedSavio wrote:

In your opinion? 

- A sprint feature, when you double press the D-Pad. Only being able to walk feels sort of sterile.

- Charged attacks.

- Less slow paced gameplay. Would have been better if it was a fast paced game like Guilty Gear, but in this Smash Bros style.

- More of an emphasis on preforming ariel attacks and combos. This is one area where it fails to break away from Smash Bros.

- A cast of third party characters who aren't there for the sake of politics and promoting games.

This game has charged attacks and aerial combos, They just aren't on every character. And a sprint feature would ruin some of the other characters that are meant to be slow. There's also attacks you can aim, So I'm really questioning if you fully played this game and all its characters?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 5 of 9 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Nov 28, 2012

DisturbedSavio wrote:

In your opinion? 

- Charged attacks.

1. The characters move fast enough imo, I don't have an issue with them being too slow.

2. There are charged attacks, it depends on the character though.

3. Guilty Gear is a completely different style of game, why are you comparing it to this? This is not a traditional fighter. Combat can be really fast paced most of the time, it only feels slow when the numbers start dwindling down in stock. 1v1 is boring imo.

4. There are plenty of aerial attacks, whether you choose to use them or just stay on the ground is your decision. As for combos...seriously? Combos are one of this games key compenents that differentiate it from SSB.

5. Eh, I guess that'd be nice, I don't particualrly care either way. I'd have to see how it'd caompare to how the game is now.

6. A more indepth story would be nice but I've never really played fighters for story mode so meh. But if they make a sequel that would definitely be something to work on.

7. The Third party characters are not just there to promote, each of them have at least some history with playstation. It's not like they took a completely brand new third party character out of nowhere and put them in.

8. I'm guessing this is referring to Sir Dan's lvl 1. LEARN TO SET IT UP OR POSITION YOURSELF SO THAT IT HITS!!!

9. Eh, I guess that'd be cool and it would make things more interesting but you have to take into account some supers may not work well in the air, Nariko's level 2 for instance.

10. Umm... every character's moveset is true to their character in their games, you're seriously whining about one of the weapons Ratchet uses just because it isn't your favorite weapon? That is subjective, you ever think that some people actually like Mr. Zurkon?

Message 6 of 9 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Well me personally, I would prefer a story like the subspace emissary in SSBB along with the arcade mode. Also, better third party characters/ versions x 1000. Exept Heihachi.

Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 7 of 9 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Superbot should've fixed the glitches that were in the beta and carried over into the game. that's really what they should've done differently.
Message 8 of 9 (90 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Wait, I just noticed the Zurkon thing. You've got to be joking. Mr. Zurkon is huge for the Rachet & Clank series as a whole! Get over the hardon you've got for the Groovitron, and shut up.
Message 9 of 9 (75 Views)
0 Likes