Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: What We Know & What We SHOULD Know. A MaxP-S3 Rant.

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Great OP Max, but here's why I despise Paul Gale:
- People love him because he was giving info, yet now we get the whole 'he's a nice guy' etc bull, when for one, no one really gives a rats a** about that & two, he HAS to be nice, he's in no position to get rude.
- He's taken all credit for building hype and even proclaimed himself the reason for increasing preorders and day one sales. Firstly no, I'd preordered the game long before I knew the guy even existed and no casual gamer will ever have heard of him, hell the majority of people at the LA Beatdown hadn't heard of him and most if not all of them were hardcore gamers. Secondly, all he's done is hurt SuperBot since TGS, false hope and information that has never been proven define all he's done and those who disagree are just people hungry for any info. It's on his head for raising the hype and revealing a fake list when he himself wasn't sure of it.
- He's a self cantered jacka** who loves reminding everyone who he is - talking about himself in third person & uploading countless pictures aren't 'to lighten the mood' as some idiots say, I really don't understand the blind support - his actions/words aren't the gospel.
- HE'S NOT AFFILIATED WITH SONY OR SUPERBOT ! Holy crap I seriously can't believe people honestly eat up his spew of bs as if he's the head of Sony talking. He claims to know what the Sony adverts entail, he claims to get the VGA announcement list before the event, he claims to be close with SuperBot (not true as Omar Kendall has confirmed - yes, when multiple forumers all in attendance say the same thing, I do believe it), suddenly an average joe like you and me claims to know everything that is everything in video games, and ofcourse it must be true ? Not like officials say otherwise ? Ill say fine, he had his source, he got some info, he's had his moment - but it's passed, everything is out, he was the messenger nothing more and he needs to get over it.

Paul Gale is finished, that phase is over now - stop kissing his a** (not aimed at you Max) and deal with it. I honestly laugh when people on here complain about the Superbot blind worshippers when their own head is up this clown.

you do realize hes a journalist right...? At least thats what he "pretends" to be haha...so its very easy to get into events such as the VGAs. and you guys do ALL realize omar said he WASNT a fraud? He said he got information from the early test or whatever. that PROVES hes not a fraud. He knew what he was talking about just not all the way. Seriously sohail, all ive seen you do is hate on paul gale, mostly for his pictures. do you wish you could be like him or something? :/ im really confused, not trying to start a fight or anything, i just wish you thought that post through. no im not defending him, i could care less. i was just saying.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 41 of 48 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Like I've said many times - I don't hate him as a person, I dispise him for his cause/actions. Omar Kendall saying he knew a guy from the focus testing group doesn't mean he knows everything about the game as he seems to imply on a daily basis. VGAs are 2 months away and no journalist gets the announcement list - they simply cover them as they seem them with the public. Besides, I didn't call him a fraud in the post you quoted if you read it correctly, I said he had limited information and its passed. He was the messenger and the message is over, he needs to accept that now instead of milking events for whatever he can. By your comment I'm thinking my previous one applies to you too.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 42 of 48 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 26, 2012

ah Smiley Tongue i never said he knew it all xD im just saying it proves he wasnt a fraud like everybody is screaming he did know some stuff, he just took it way further than he should have. And really? im not milking anything at all if thats what you are implying.

Message 43 of 48 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I meant the comment you quoted lol, what could you be milking ?

...don't answer that.
Message 44 of 48 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 26, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I meant the comment you quoted lol, what could you be milking ?

...don't answer that.

Smiley Wink you dont want to knowSmiley Tongue and i was just saying, i try seeing things from both sides of the argument, people seem to jump the gun and call him a fraud when its been proven he knows some of this stuff. I just hope these same people, if they have any information and try to help are ignored xD or called frauds. I mean he could have the VGA information, you just never know, or he could just be wanting to get views for his sites xD he does have connections, or at least he pretends to, so you just never know.

Message 45 of 48 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
635 posts

Oct 26, 2012

See, this is the kind of 'arguing' I like to see lol

@Sohail, I agree with you that many people mistakenly followed this guy religiously and took every word he said as fact. 

I myself never 100% believed him, I was always skeptical (as I am with any unofficial word). But I honestly think he meant well even while others think he's a fraud.

It's not his fault he was given faulty information. If I was given info on characters by somebody close (in any way) to this game, I'd be inclined to believe it. But of couse if it were me, I wouldn't share it as if it was fact...

That is one thing I disliked about Gale. He often gave hints on characters (Crash) which wound up not being in the (launch) game. He should've waited to verify this information before hinting at it as if it were 100% true. 

But other than this, I think Gale is a good guy and never meant any harm. 

At the end of the day, he's a fan. Just like us. 

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to glorify the guy,  I just think he deserves a little respect.

Photobucket
Message 46 of 48 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Fair points Max, I'm fine with that - I just get annoyed at people who don't seem to understand that.
Message 47 of 48 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Oct 26, 2012

I appreciate Superbot's efforts and I know they've worked really hard on the game, but that doesn't mean I can't be angry at Activision or Capcom. I'm not just going to bend over and take it up the **bleep** from these big companies thinking they can treat fans like the way they have. They just so obsessed with their own profit, they don't give a **bleep** about a large community of people coming together and celebrating a nostalgic history as well as all enjoying an excellent game. They have a greedy, selfish attitude and the reason people hate them is because of this. They're hoarders, not sharing anything. Everything they do is predicated on the potential profit to be drawn from it or lack thereof. They put up this veneer of caring about the industry when in actuality they're completely at a remove from the interests of consumers; completely out of touch. It's absolutely pathetic.

If we don't buy the game, Superbot loses, and Activision remains unphased, that's the frustrating part. If we do buy the game, Activision wins; we've allowed them to hold the back the potential of a game, and bought it anyway; just lapped up what we've been given, allowed them to have their way. Of course by buying it we also support Superbot and the game itself, possibly prompting a sequel or support from more IP holders, but that of course remains to be seen.

Message 48 of 48 (49 Views)
0 Likes