Mar 01 2013
By: onecrzymffin Lombax Warrior 107 posts

What WE NEED in Playstation Allstars

[ Edited ]
12 replies 261 views Edited Mar 1, 2013

READ THIS BEFORE GOING ON OR GETTING OFF:

This Thread is about my personal opinions of what the game needs. I'm not going to sit here and complain about "Oh Crash didn't make it in!" or "Why is this person an allstar?" No, I'm talking about the game in general, the features, gameplay, and other stuff along those lines. This is not a complaining thread, it is a thread to give ideas. Please don't be lazy... read it and express how you feel.

So to start, My name is Ethan. My PSN ID is onecrzymffin, if you've seen me, you can tell I am a big fan of the game... but it needs some help. It's still great though. So here are, in my opinion what we NEED.

1. LOBBIES/GROUPS

Before you read that wrong, I do not mean a custom match our a whole group. What I mean is the 4 players in a Free-For-All is sent into a room, instead of a waiting page showing all 4 characters. You can view their belts and profiles in this lobby. This lobby will get all the players and from this lobby you get 4 selections:

Character Select

Minion Select

Customize Profile

Ratings

Character Select- It is what it sounds. While you select your character, your match is not allowed to begin, but you have 15 seconds to pick a new character if you want to switch. I find that more than enough time to switch characters and pick a costume.

Minion Select- In this section, you will have no wait, and the match can start as you select a minion. Since a minion is not to important, I do not find a need to hold up a match to select one.

Customize Profile- This also will have no wait. From here, you can change your background, FFA/ 2v2 Title, and icon (and also saying that the load screen to your backgrounds and icons should be instant). This is for those people who ALWAYS change.

Ratings- This section has no wait either. Shock huh? This is NOT rankings. This shows your opponents past wins, losses, and kills lifetime. You may also pull up their results from the past 3 games.

Also, in this lobby, you may select the next stage you will be playing in, instead of a magical suprise. You get 3 choices: the stage you just played at, a new stage that is selected, random stage. In this voting, you can always be prepared for where you are going to play.

When the selecting is over you get a 10 second countdown, which Character select is now blocked out. If you leave the lobby in this waiting time, the lobby will open a new spot for a new opponent. In this I am saying, FIX THE NETWORK CONNECTIONS.

When the match is over, you get 3 choices:

Play Again (Leaves you in same lobby)

Leave (Leave the Lobby and search for a new one)

Quit (Main Menu)

Conclusion- Lobbies will make it easier for people to be prepared for a match and give them time to switch everything around.

2. MINION FEATURES

So minions pop up when you clear the screen, right? Let's give them a better thing! Everytime you clear the screen, wouldn't you want to see Carmelita shoot her guns in the air, or maybe if somebody has Nix and another person has Kuo if the two opponents die then Nix and Kuo fight! So now I give you... SELECTABLE MINION CONTROLS AND RIVALRIES.

We will be exampling Kratos, who has Nix, and Sly Cooper, who has Kuo. Lets say they both kill each other with their level ones. Then, Kuo and Nix pop up and start throwing a few punches until they respawn. Seems funny right? Here is another, if Sly is using Carmelita, and uses his level 2 and clears everyone, if you press up on the d-pad, she shoots her guns up, d-pad right or left, she does a pose aiming the gun to the right or left, d-pad down gets the minion to leave. I don't personally like the minions though, so here comes feature two... TOGGLE SWITCH MINIONS.

Toggle switch minions is this, do you not like your minion liking so bubbly and cartoony (like I don't)? That's okay! Toggle switch allows you to let them look how they originally were in their game, not some chubby fake ball of fireworking crap.

Conclusion- Either add more stuff to minions or get rid of them.

3. COSTUME FEATURES

My biggest idea and want. Costumes only change how the character look, but lets give costumes a REAL MEANING. Maybe with Sly's new up coming costume, Jailbird, intead of Murray running across, he throughs the Jailbird ball straight foward? Or maybe with Drake's wetsuit, instead of pushing the tower over on his level 2, he dropkicks it down? Just a few ideas. But this one is my favorite (if they ever make Ratchet a Deadlocked Costume) when he shoots his gun for his level 1, the bullets come out in rainbows, like when you max out a gun in Deadlocked! My friend gave me the idea of if they make a Clive outfit for Sackboy, he cries as he blocks and if they make a Vampire Cole Costume, bats fly around in his level 2. I think that would bring up the want for more costumes.

Conclusion- Give costumes special features, it's cooler than just looks of the character.

4. PRICE DROPS

Now here comes my everyday thread complain... Nobody wants to pay $2 to play on a map and like $5 for a character... how about $1 maps and $2 Characters? Alright, done complaining.

Conclusion- Do I need one?

5. THE ITEM BOX!!!

Yes, the item box. A new item will be called the item box and when you hit it, it starts a random 5 second countdown to a random item! I don't know how they would work it, like a different color lets out a different type of item, I don't know. Small Idea.

Conclusion- Give me ideas on it?

6. PEOPLE I'D LIKE

You can probably skip this section... Not begging for them, this is more like a "Oh hey, remember them from the classic? They'd be good!"

(Obvious) Crash- Crash Bandicppt

(Obvious) Spyro- Spyro

Wander- Shadow of the Colossus

(Obvious) Cloud- Final Fantasy VII... from that Final Fantasy right? Hahaha to many to count correctly.

Toomba- Toomba

Murray- Sly Cooper

(Obvious) Ty- Ty The Tasmanian Tiger

(Obvious) Sora- Kingdom Hearts

Tak- Tak and The Power of Juju

Racer- Modnation Racers

Big Sister- Whichever Bioshock she's from...

(Obvious) Ethan Mars- Heavy Rain

(Obvious) Lara Croft- Tomb Raider

Victor Sullivan- Uncharted 1,2, and 3. "It's El goddamn Dorado."

(Obvious) Rayman- Rayman

King of All Cosmos- Katamari Damacy ADDED 2/28/13 9:18PM

Those are just a few.

7, COSTUME IDEAS

I think people like seeing these.

Drake- Doughnut Drake

Evil Cole- Vampire Cole

Sly Cooper- Super Sly

Sackboy- Clive

Good Cole- RFI Activated Cole

Dante- Classic Dante

Ratchet- Deadlocked Outfit

That's about it...

ENDING

Like I said before, the name is Ethan, I am going to keep staying through these community forums and going to keep commenting on things and reading things for as long as I can. Feel free to just comment how you feel and your ideas! Thank you for reading... if you did.

Definitely not my last post,

-Ethan, onecrzymffin

P.S. I didn't spell check for all you grammar Nazi's out there! Smiley Very Happy

COMMUNITY IDEAS

@GhostlySnipes Screen fall offs - title says itself . I think if you fall off the screen or if you aren't visible or get thrown too far ( Basically like Super Smash Bros.) You lose a life.

Message 1 of 13 (261 Views)
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Re: What WE NEED in Playstation Allstars

Mar 1, 2013
I really like all your ideas and I would like to add on the list.
Intros- I enjoy watching some intros, 3 seconds isn't that long and won't harm anyone. I prefer that you can only skip your own. It is much better that way.
Screen fall offs - title says itself . I think if you fall off the screen or if you aren't visible or get thrown too far ( Basically like Super Smash Bros.) You lose a life.
Message 2 of 13 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Mar 1, 2013
My main wish feature-wise would be multiple-User-login, which would then allow each local offline player their own customization options.
Message 3 of 13 (228 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Mar 1, 2013
I like it.
Voting for stages: needed
Lobby: nice
Ratings: pretty cool, and maybe show history of rage quits
Minion features: cool
Costume features: awesome, but sounds like they'd need to overhaul all the characters to make every costume unique
Price drops: agree
Characters and costumes wanted: legit ideas
Overall, not bad.

See more on Know Your Meme
Message 4 of 13 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Mar 1, 2013
And what BDurk15 says.

See more on Know Your Meme
Message 5 of 13 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Mar 1, 2013

A lobby for a 4 player game? That's a good idea. But, is it even necessary? It isn't like CoD where you play against many people. But if there are games that I don't know about with 4 player lobbies, then it's a good idea.

Message 6 of 13 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Touche... then we make... *drum roll*... a 7 man free-for-all! TADA

Message 7 of 13 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Mar 1, 2013
I can't read this, It's too long
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 8 of 13 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Mar 1, 2013

A 7 man game isn't a bad idea. It would make the idea of a "battle royale" more into effect. Yet, it would get to crowded, especially in places like Parappa's Dojo.

Message 9 of 13 (180 Views)
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Mar 1, 2013
@arrownoir

Welp. Not my problem. Take the time to read it or don't complain. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 13 (179 Views)
0 Likes