Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Re: What Oddworld´s Abe and I think of Zeus

Mar 29, 2013
Made me laugh, good one. Unfortunately it does seen like Abe was cancelled, as he was to be SuperBots next DLC character after Isaac & Zeus, which must've changed when SSM took over. Really annoys me because I really wanted him in.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 11 of 22 (184 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

I lol'ed at the link. Priceless!

Message 12 of 22 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

Mar 29, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Made me laugh, good one. Unfortunately it does seen like Abe was cancelled, as he was to be SuperBots next DLC character after Isaac & Zeus, which must've changed when SSM took over. Really annoys me because I really wanted him in.

Yeah...it really is a shame. Smiley Sad

I hope he at least makes it into the sequel, if there will be one.

Message 13 of 22 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

Mar 30, 2013

In any other context, I would have thought this was a fetish picture.

http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
Message 14 of 22 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Mar 30, 2013

I can draw, but I sure as hell can't color like that, well done sir.

Message 15 of 22 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2413 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Just wondering - How do you color these? I'm trying to learn Photoshop, but I just can't color them right :/

= = Every day is Kill la Kill day!! = =
Message 16 of 22 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Mar 30, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I don't think Abe was cancelled. In fact, I don't think he was planned at all. I'm pretty Santa Monica would have given Superbot more time with other DLC. The Kat and Emmet DLC wasn't out when Sony announced their deal with Superbot ended. If Abe was canceled, then so would Kat and Emmet, along with Zeus and Isaac. Another thing, Abe, while not a requested as Crash or Spyro, was a pretty popular requested character, even the company behind Oddworld wanted him in, I doubt SMS would throw away such an easy character to get.
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Message 17 of 22 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Mar 30, 2013
i find fart jokes lame, but abe wouldnt be abe without his original characteristics. this picture is awesome! was also disappointed when i heard abe was made and cancelled for this game

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 18 of 22 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Mar 30, 2013
The CEO of Just Add Water (yes the same one who posted the supposed tweet confirming Abe got cancelled before removing it) left other tweets up that were responses to people asking about Abe's cancellation - all of which confirmed that it was infact true. It was only until a little later when he began outright refusing claims and acting oblivious of the matter. Also, Abe was supposedly in very early development stages, planned for release in April/May, whereas Kat & Emmet were already complete, and Zeus & Isaac were already far along in development when SSM took over. It's for that reason SuperBot were allowed time to complete the last set, as scrapping it would be pointless. Work on Abe on the other hand was yet to even begin, which is why it was supposedly scrapped. That doesn't mean SSM could not just be taking over on it, because they have expressed interest on Twitter regarding the character, but it does mean that we won't be getting Abe from SuperBot.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 19 of 22 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 30, 2013

PC_Nobia wrote:

Just wondering - How do you color these? I'm trying to learn Photoshop, but I just can't color them right :/

I used Autodesk SketchBook Express. I think the tools are quite easy to use and so I could try different colour effects.

My drawing is cartoonish, so I did not have to be very accurate. (I got lazy with Zeus.)

But there are amazing drawings from incredible artists out there and I don´t know either, how those guys colour their drawings...as some of them even look photo-realistic.

Message 20 of 22 (68 Views)
0 Likes