Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 08 2013
By: FaunKeH_5 Sackboy 526 posts

What I think should be added/changed in PSASBR

[ Edited ]
19 replies 480 views Edited Jan 8, 2013

This is basically my review on a few things that I believe should be changed/added to a near perfect game

I am both a massive fan of PSASBR and SSB, so yes, there are a some unbiased comparisons in this

Campaign:

-Arcade mode is alright, but a last boss that's a few clones, need some variety, bring on master hand!

-This game also would be amazing with a campaign like SSB, going through levels familiar to the character franchises

-Mini games, similar to SSB like homerun or kill targets

-Cooperative too definitely

-The menus are a little chunky, especially the loading times for simple character customisation

Multiplayer:

Seems like no games of this genre get their online servers right (although PSASBR is better than SSB here), very buggy, long que times and many DCs. I really hate playing a game where most of my time is spent sitting in a lobby watching static screen, I want to play damnit!

-If they don't make the server connection faster, at least put in a mini game/training level of some sort to keep us entertained

-Host migration is needed for stupid ragequitters or some sort of penalty or no quit option in pause menu

-Although they patched that utterly stupid character change bug where it gives you a completely different character but I see it happen occasionally still

-I like the way the level unlocks system is made, but they should have spaced out the unlocks, really don't seem dedicated to unlock characters bonus items past level 100

-I also think pretty much all online games should have a server list, much easier/faster to find a game tailored to your preferences

-No specific character nerfs (I think they balanced the characters pretty well, all having their own unique strengths and weaknesses), but the combo's that rack up a whole super's worth of AP, they should have some sort of way to counter or stop a combo, feels cheap being caught in a 10 move loop while you sit there defenselessly taking a good beating

-1v1 servers would be sweet!

-Costume colour previews: the character image should change when you cycle through the 4 colours

-I like the current character roster, but i really wish they didn't have two Cole Macgraths, should have been a character with multiple 'forms' such as toro (or in SSB; zelda/sheik or pokemon trainer)

-Also, although the characters have pretty balanced supers, I really don't like those instan-kill supers which only get max 3 kills, makes it seem not worth it when the same kills can easily be done with a few level 1 or 2's (this refers to characters such as toro or parappa)

More PS1 Characters:

Although they may not be possible (due to closed game companies or third party), these are characters I think are really essential to the game (and for my personal nostalgic childhood). They would also have to be true to their original character models, none of this skylanders c*ap
-Tombi (aka Tomba) - fav game of all time, can't emphasise how much I would love to see this character in a new game!! moveset with his blackjack, boomerang and hammer, awh the nostalgia!!
-Spyro - many hours of childhood spend on this, although I'm not sure how he would handle as a character being so wide on a 2d platform hah
-Crash - massive fan favourite, perfect for the game
-Abe - off Oddworld, massive badassness

-Bomberman - all the powerups from ps1 game Bomberman World would give a great moveset

-Kula World - not as a character, but an item would be awesome

Post your thoughts on how you think this game could be improved or classic nostalgic character suggestions (PS1 only please!) and quote anything from this review that you dis/agree with from my review and say what you think about my opinions.

Thanks for reading :smileyhappy:

(P.S. Tombi for All Stars!!)

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! :smileyhappy:

HTML tutorial

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (480 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Re: What I think should be added/changed in PSASBR

Jan 9, 2013
i would like to see characters added from any of the following titles.
Final Fantasy
blasto
tomb raider

i would like to see the following character removed.
KRATOS, or at least change the range of his forward + square. they modified sackboy, but not kratos?

as for players rage quitting, i totaly agree with you that there should be a penalty. i think players who rage quit should only play with other rage quitters based on a quit statistic so they know what it feels like to be denied a few levels, after a 5 minute match, if they were the host...
i mean, you're in a ranked match, about to win, and the host leaves which disbands the entire lobby.
furthermore, i think games should be like the lobbies in Diablo2 where if a game is created it doesn't get affected by players rage quitting.
i can't tell you how many games i've played where host disconnects.
i mean granted it may be a real internet problem, or they had to answer the phone. but it defeats the purpose of multiplayer when the person you're playing against just quits and you gain nothing but a sweat controller. i've had my share of quits, but that was before i learned that hosts are randomly chosen, and i only left after i lose in FFA. now i stay the entire match and watch. it's fun to watch, you get to learn new tactics. i learned how to play FP by watching Kuro_Oleander.
i don't think removing the quit option would do much since these rage quitters can just pull the plug and quit that way.

1v1 would be great, and so would 3v1 for hardcore players haha but we know won't happen.

combo breakers i don't think would be a good idea, i just think infinite loop combos should just end up like mvc3, where you can't continue after certain hits.

i don't think Abe would be a good character because all he would do is chant, roll, talk, and throw stones.

this game is still relatively new, so lets give the makers some time to make changes in upcomming dlc or psasbr2 :smileyhappy:)))))

god forbid it be like ninja gaiden 1,2 -> ninja gaiden 3.... i was utterly done after that.

costume previews would be awesome, there should be masks you can wear like on borderlands 2
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (414 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

I Would Say That I Don't Agree With A Lot Of Things You Say But I Guess These Ideas Are Great:

- The Mini Games On Arcade Mode And Combat Trials (Online Mode With Mini Games Maybe...)

- Co-Op On Arcade Mode Or Combat Trials (Co-Op Arcade Would Be 2v2 And Only You Would Choose Specific Parters, Like Lets Say Cole And Drake, Jak And Ratchet Or Sackboy And Toro. Co-Op Combat Trials Would Be The Same But With A Little Twist, You Can Choose Whatever Chatacter You Want (Same As Your Friend), You'll Be Competing Together To See Who Wins First, The First To Finish The Objective Wins.)

- Host Migration (We Will Need That Cause Of The Rage Quitters)

- 1v1 Online Battles Would Be Perfect And So 3v1, Epic.

- Servers List If The Game Gets More Ways To Play And More Users That Play Online

- For Characters I Wish Sora, Lighting And Bomberman

- Costume Color Previews If Every Character Has More Than 4 Or 5 Different Skins/Costumes

- Fix Rank Up Bug That's On Online Mode (Example: You Finish A Match And You Ranked Up From 25 To 97, You Go Back To Character Selection And See That The Character You Use Did Not Ranked Up And It Still On 25)

- Menu Customisation (Example: You Can Choose To Change The Menu's Theme And Keep It Like That, If You Want It To Change To LittleBigPlanet Or inFamous, When You Choose The Theme, The Menu Theme Will Not Change When You Come Back  To The Game.)

- Spectator Mode Would Be Entertaning (Maybe Replay Mode On The Sequel Of The Game?)

That Would Be It.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (407 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Jan 9, 2013
I agree on your opinions on the servers and the overall online experience but disagree with not having both Cole's in that only about a third of their move sets are similar. If u've used both of them then u'll realize theyre completely different caracters. And as to the old playstation characters like Spyro and Crash, theres a post from a couple of days ago that explains why they cannot be added. Although that would be quite nice.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Jan 9, 2013

ZekeDunbar007 wrote:
I agree on your opinions on the servers and the overall online experience but disagree with not having both Cole's in that only about a third of their move sets are similar. If u've used both of them then u'll realize theyre completely different caracters. And as to the old playstation characters like Spyro and Crash, theres a post from a couple of days ago that explains why they cannot be added. Although that would be quite nice.

That, and having one Cole that switch movesets depending on the player's actions will lead people to mindlessly block/mash buttons in order to obtain the good/evil variant.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (383 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Mid-air supers would be great

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Jan 11, 2013

black_dhalsim wrote:

as for players rage quitting, i totaly agree with you that there should be a penalty. i think players who rage quit should only play with other rage quitters based on a quit statistic so they know what it feels like to be denied a few levels, after a 5 minute match, if they were the host...

1v1 would be great, and so would 3v1 for hardcore players haha but we know won't happen.

this game is still relatively new, so lets give the makers some time to make changes in upcomming dlc or psasbr2 :smileyhappy:)))))

best solution ever for rage quitters, haha i love it!

lol yea 3v1 would be fun but although it sounds like a good idea, it doesnt seem as 'hardcore' when you have 1 pro versing 3 noobs, thats just more easy targets to kill

i guess i should be more patient, but just because its new, doesnt mean they have excuses for some of these issues. that being said, the game is very good overall so i can overlook some of these minor faults :smileyhappy:

HTML tutorial

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Getoutbichin wrote:

I Would Say That I Don't Agree With A Lot Of Things You Say But I Guess These Ideas Are Great:

- Fix Rank Up Bug That's On Online Mode (Example: You Finish A Match And You Ranked Up From 25 To 97, You Go Back To Character Selection And See That The Character You Use Did Not Ranked Up And It Still On 25)

- Menu Customisation (Example: You Can Choose To Change The Menu's Theme And Keep It Like That, If You Want It To Change To LittleBigPlanet Or inFamous, When You Choose The Theme, The Menu Theme Will Not Change When You Come Back  To The Game.)

- Spectator Mode Would Be Entertaning (Maybe Replay Mode On The Sequel Of The Game?)

That Would Be It.

didnt know that rank up thing was a bug. was so annoyed the time that i saw that happened to me. i came first by a mile one match with a massive score and xp boost and to see that effort disappear really sucked!

menu choice, i forgot to add that one!

im not keen on spectator mode because it could potentially slow the connection i think, but a theatre mode would be awesome!! one thing i think CoD does very well

HTML tutorial

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Jan 11, 2013

ZekeDunbar007 wrote:
but disagree with not having both Cole's in that only about a third of their move sets are similar. If u've used both of them then u'll realize theyre completely different caracters.
And as to the old playstation characters like Spyro and Crash, theres a post from a couple of days ago that explains why they cannot be added. Although that would be quite nice.

fair enough, i am not a big player of either, but from what i have played, they have very similar moves, i just with they were at least 90% unique

:smileysad: thats so disappointing to hear! please link me, i havent read that yet (or dont link me so i can still dream haha)

HTML tutorial

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Jan 11, 2013

ddavebet wrote:

Mid-air supers would be great

although that may be overpowered, im not sure. maybe they need to be harder to hit/longer to deploy

im not sure if this would work better either, but the option to choose a level 1 or 2 super when you have a higher level worth of  AP could be an interesting idea

HTML tutorial

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (309 Views)
0 Likes