Highlighted
Sep 29 2012
By: DBoi787 Sackboy 436 posts

Well, my decision is made

9 replies 173 views Edited Sep 29, 2012

Roster size isn't what's bothering me. Its character choice for the roster size. If they knew they were gonna go for 20 characters, don't **bleep** include two Cole's and Big Daddy. So irrelevant. I've cancelled my reserve and put it on a game worth looking at twice - Hitman. 

Message 1 of 10 (173 Views)
Sackboy
568 posts

Re: Well, my decision is made

Sep 29, 2012

How long are you on your period again?

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 2 of 10 (164 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Props for somewhat making the right choice(I wouldn't have gone for Hitman because it's one of those games that will be less than $30 within a month or two of launch).

Be sensible and wait for either an updated version or a sequel.

Message 3 of 10 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Sep 29, 2012

I-Dentity- wrote:

How long are you on your period again?

So because you are willing to succumb to the carelessness of a developer, I'm on my period? Even throughout this, do you see SuperBot communicating with us? No, instead they are throwing in Easter eggs for a game that they should be consulting further roster upgrades again. So shut the hell up and leave. 

Message 4 of 10 (148 Views)
Sackboy
436 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Chrono-Cactaur wrote:

Props for somewhat making the right choice(I wouldn't have gone for Hitman because it's one of those games that will be less than $30 within a month or two of launch).

Be sensible and wait for either an updated version or a sequel.

Best bet. 

Message 5 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Sep 29, 2012

DBoi787 wrote:

Roster size isn't what's bothering me. Its character choice for the roster size. If they knew they were gonna go for 20 characters, don't **bleep** include two Cole's and Big Daddy. So irrelevant. I've cancelled my reserve and put it on a game worth looking at twice - Hitman. 

It's your decision, but you have to look at Big Daddy & Co. from a business perspective. Big Daddy is a popular character and is drawing many of my friends who are Xbox only this gen to the game, at which point they see characters from PS2 and PS1 that they know. As for Evil Cole- note that, as a fan of inFamous, I am biased- when I first saw the original cole announcement I was disappointed not to see his evil side represented. I would not have minded if the character was neutral, but if they wanted to use ice/fire attacks he had to be split. From gameplay videos they don't look like clones, so I'm going to wait to pass judgment on that one. It's ultimately going to be your decision, but I don't think two characters you don't like are enough to drop the game entirely.

Message 6 of 10 (114 Views)
Sackboy
568 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Well, because you hear one little ''rumor'' you aren't going to buy the game anymore? Smiley Surprised 

If the game gets more characters, you should not buy it and comeback! You can play Hitman all day and all night by yourself... 

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 7 of 10 (108 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Sep 29, 2012

plus one!

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 8 of 10 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Sep 29, 2012

TastyBrains wrote:

DBoi787 wrote:

It's your decision, but you have to look at Big Daddy & Co. from a business perspective. Big Daddy is a popular character and is drawing many of my friends who are Xbox only this gen to the game, at which point they see characters from PS2 and PS1 that they know. As for Evil Cole- note that, as a fan of inFamous, I am biased- when I first saw the original cole announcement I was disappointed not to see his evil side represented. I would not have minded if the character was neutral, but if they wanted to use ice/fire attacks he had to be split. From gameplay videos they don't look like clones, so I'm going to wait to pass judgment on that one. It's ultimately going to be your decision, but I don't think two characters you don't like are enough to drop the game entirely.

That's just it. The game was made to celebrate PlayStation history and while Big Daddy will draw numbers in, so would Crash or Cloud. Sorry to bring them up, but its the truth. As for Evil Cole, I love the character and his moveset looks great. And I'm certainly not letting these two alter my judgement on the game. What's making me drop the game is the fact that they chose to include said characters that are either irrelevant or unnecessary for characters that should be in the title. Even several first party characters deserve a rep, such as Resistance and Shadow of the Collosus. Hell, nothing of Shadow of the Collosus is in the game, often noted as one of the greatest games of all time. Plus, Cole could have easily been one character with both powers. Play the Shiek/Zelda role from Smash Bros. Also sorry to bring that game in the picture, but there are alternate ways to do this without using up a character slot. Also, SuperBot should be communicating with us a developer, and they haven't been. Throughout the beta and reveals, we hardly get info from them on a personal level. Even Activision discusses issues and such with their Call of Duty titles, and I am not a fan of them at all. As someone studying to enter this field, it is disappointing to see a team with this quality level not aim higher than should be. It almost seems as though their focus wasn't what we wanted. We wanted a game that celebrates PlayStation history and exceeds all levels of stellar quality. What it looks to me that they're doing is putting out a game that they know we will buy because it appears to be what we want. 

Message 9 of 10 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Sep 29, 2012

I-Dentity- wrote:

Well, because you hear one little ''rumor'' you aren't going to buy the game anymore? Smiley Surprised 

If the game gets more characters, you should not buy it and comeback! You can play Hitman all day and all night by yourself... 

Rumor? Been confirmed, buddy. 

Message 10 of 10 (79 Views)
0 Likes