Nov 26 2012
By: Rogue_Eagle Lombax Warrior 153 posts

Well, I doubt this game will do well now.

45 replies 378 views Edited Nov 26, 2012

Yes, I am being negative about this game, but let's be realistic. This game sold terribly on its launch week. It debuted in the UK at number 38. Now, for some, this might not seem THAT bad, but I would like to remind you how Starhawk is doing right now. Oh, wait? What? Yeah, Starhawk. Developer Lightbox has now shifted to mobile games and has laid off some of its employees due to that game being unsuccessful. 

This game is no different. A team was created to make an exclusive game, and due to both design issues and marketing failures, Superbot is probably not going to be surviving for long. Which is a shame, beacuse the only thing this game has going for it is the multiplayer. So, if Superbot goes down, you can forget any DLC. 

Speaking of which, they said DLC would depend on consumer feedback and how well the game appeals to everyone (paraphrasing). Honestly, this means that DLC depends on the game's popularity and sales. Right now, both of those are bleak. 

Sorry, I just really want to rant right now because, like Starhawk, this game is freaking awesome and there is so much fun to be had with it. All of that fun is wasted, though, because Sony dropped the ball AGAIN on another exclusive. Horrendous marketing (online ads to video gamers pretty much...who already knew about the game without any ads), VERY mixed reviews (can't really do anything about that), and major disappointments on top of all of that (lots of fans were expecting different characters, stages, etc.). The mixed reviews only made that last point worse, because people blamed it on the lack of all those things. 

Needless to say, this is terrible. Not the game, but the situation it is in. It just stinks. It's going to go rest with Twisted Metal and Starhawk as another waste of potentional. Luckily the next game coming that I want from a new devloper backed by Sony  will not rely on multiplayer to keep it going. Basically, once it is released, I can enjoy it without having to worry (Sly Cooper Thieves in Time).

As is, though, this game is a flop. It pains me SO freaking much to say that, but it is what it is. Hopefully word of mouth will help it go a little bit further, because you can bet your butt Sony's not going to do any more marketing. Their last ditch effort will probably be to just put the multiplayer on PSN. 

So sad Smiley Sad It makes me want to go back in time and just redo things for both Superbot and Sony...let them know they're not headed down a path of success. But nope, can't happen. 

Message 1 of 46 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: Well, I doubt this game will do well now.

Nov 26, 2012
Sony wants to have Black Ops 2 in their PSN store.

Why do you think Sony cares about this game? They don't. They care abotu Black Ops 2 and Assasin's Creed.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 2 of 46 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Yes, because UK sales charts represent the entire freakin' world!

Message 3 of 46 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:

Why do you think Sony cares about this game? They don't. They care abotu Black Ops 2 and Assasin's Creed.

That explains why they did nothing but promote it on their social networking pages, PSN home page, and top scroll on main menu of the PS3. They wanted it to fail! Makes sense. That also explains why they started up a brand new company just for this game.

Message 4 of 46 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 26, 2012
the optimist in me is gonna say:
it's only been 6 days,
let's wait till the end of the year to see how much this game does,

i just sincerely hope that however this game does, sony will still keep this franchise alive till we get a sequel on the ps4...
Play For Fun!
Message 5 of 46 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

JesseCasco wrote:

Tekn0tize wrote:

That explains why they did nothing but promote it on their social networking pages, PSN home page, and top scroll on main menu of the PS3. They wanted it to fail! Makes sense. That also explains why they started up a brand new company just for this game.

I watched the UK PSN store for 3 whole weeks every single day before the All-stars launch. Not one single bit in the main page. In fact, you had to literally search for the beta to download it, you had even search for the main game. It was never on the main page (except the very last day before release).

There was not a single ad on TV in UK or Germany, please don't tel me about PSN home page, I have been watching it for weeks. Just one day before the game releases you saw a small banner ad  on Amazon.co.uk and that was it. Maybe in the US it had more marketing but certainly not here in Europe.
------
Message 6 of 46 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Nov 26, 2012
Well, blame the UK division. The US division did nothing but love the game. Nearly everyone on my friends list is playing the game and then some.
Message 7 of 46 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Nov 26, 2012

At least they made it. I've been waiting for this game forever and I can at least buy it now.

And f%ck COD. My friends and I got tired of that sh!t after MW2.5. We've been playing ModNation Racers ever since it came out. This game will probably be the same for us. It's not like ModNation Racers was the best game ever but it was unique for the PS3. I'm tired of playing the same games I've been playing since I graduated high school in 2005 and I welcome the change that All Stars is going to bring.

Message 8 of 46 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 26, 2012
The worst part is, the main page in UK PSN is still filled with Fifa, Assasins' Creed and Black Ops 2.

What the hell
------
Message 9 of 46 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Look at the U.S. sales before you put up this kind of crap.  Sorry but UK sales don't mean much.  You guys get everything late for a reason, nobody cares about you.  UK plays nothing but gran turismo and mainstream fps games.  Sorry if I'm being negative but it's true and you know it.  UK just isn't big on fighters.

BuchNasty Trophy Card
Message 10 of 46 (305 Views)
0 Likes