Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Week 3: Are Two Coles Too Many?

Sep 18, 2012
Again, we're not really sure how Cole is implemented. It may be one story with whichever Cole you choose (just like in inFamous), or it may be two separate stories. In the latter case, it'd be a bit tough to explain, I agree.

In the end, I personally feel that the gameplay trumps everything, as this is a fighter. Considering Good Cole is good and Evil Cole is great, I can't complain too much about who it is, but rather how they are. Cole is literally the only character in this situation, so it's difficult to really give a definitive correct answer about this. I'm sure if there was another character that had a completely different good or evil versions, we wouldn't have more than one of both characters.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 11 of 35 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

No. I was fine with one, but if you really look at it, both Cole's powers are pretty different due to inFAMOUS 2 changes. Plus inFAMOUS is an epic series.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 12 of 35 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Sep 18, 2012

i think a lot of people wanted there to be one rep per franchise in this first game and save characters from already represented franchises for the possible sequel

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 35 (91 Views)
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 18, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Again, we're not really sure how Cole is implemented. It may be one story with whichever Cole you choose (just like in inFamous), or it may be two separate stories. In the latter case, it'd be a bit tough to explain, I agree.

In the end, I personally feel that the gameplay trumps everything, as this is a fighter. Considering Good Cole is good and Evil Cole is great, I can't complain too much about who it is, but rather how they are. Cole is literally the only character in this situation, so it's difficult to really give a definitive correct answer about this. I'm sure if there was another character that had a completely different good or evil versions, we wouldn't have more than one of both characters.

Naturally, I just dislike knowing that some characters won't make the cut because we have another Cole. Regardless of how good or cool he is. If I found out Justin from Grandia, or Tomba, or some other awesome character didn't make the cut because someone wanted to make a bad version of Cole... I think I'd break something.

But bluntly I don't really care cause I've little interest in using Cole, too many other characters I'm into. And this coming from a huge fan of the series.

Message 14 of 35 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Sep 18, 2012
i doubt they cut other characters for another cole
Message 15 of 35 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Sep 18, 2012
Well imma be honest and say i like evil cole and as soon as the game comes out im most looking forward to playing as him.
Message 16 of 35 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Sep 18, 2012
I feel both are needed to represent inFamous..besides both play completely different.
 photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 17 of 35 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I don't think its a big deal having two Coles. I think they could have gotten away with just one, but whatever.

I do feel it would have been better for SB to use Cole's design from Infamous 1 as one of the designs. It just would have diversified it a bit more. Oh well.

Message 18 of 35 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 18, 2012

feldspar831 wrote:

Except by adding him... They did. If the game was going to have 24 characters, by having two Coles instead of one that means there is one less other character.

I'm not saying it was like "Hey we can put Cloud in, but let's put two Coles!" my point is that if there was only one Cole we would have one more new unique character.

Message 19 of 35 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Sep 18, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

feldspar831 wrote:

Except by adding him... They did. If the game was going to have 24 characters, by having two Coles instead of one that means there is one less other character.

I'm not saying it was like "Hey we can put Cloud in, but let's put two Coles!" my point is that if there was only one Cole we would have one more new unique character.

How?...I highly doubt they were like "Okay everybody we're going to put in 26 characters so lets get started..."

two hours later Omar goes out for lunch then when he gets back they'res two coles and no crash ect...

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 20 of 35 (68 Views)
0 Likes