Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 08 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Week 10: Lack of Ad Support

4 replies 95 views Edited Nov 8, 2012

PSAS has been gaining popularity and garnering more looks from around the gaming industry with each passing day, but I don’t feel that’s due to the advertisements on Sony’s part. By this point, given the amount of hype they’d put into The All-Star, I expected that they would’ve put them on TV by now, and that this would’ve been the start of an ad campaign. However, I’ve yet to see anything of the like. The Russian TV Spot did show that they’re advertising SOMEWHERE other than just the internet, but with a game that rides as much on advertising as PSAS seems to, I don’t feel comfortable with the little they’ve done. Luckily, their internet advertising has been very good, almost making up for the lack of a truly aggressive ad campaign; I’d make a comment about how well-viewed The All-Star is, but it’s still stuck at the same number it’s been on since a few days after the video debuted. I don’t mean that it’s stopped getting views, I mean that it’s not showed the views as they’ve increased and has been stuck at the exact same number for about a week and a half. From what I understand, that usually hints at views being so rapid that it doesn’t update until it slows down, so if that’s the case, this video could be much more successful than I currently believe.

For a Sony ad campaign, it’s already one of the most successful purely on the basis that Sony never succeeds with advertisements. The ones that do are usually tied to a region, like Kevin Butler. However, there have been successful advertisements in multiple different countries for PSAS already, and though I’d’ve liked to see an ad featured at least half as much as Assassin’s Creed III ads, for example, I can’t say I’m fully dissatisfied with Sony’s efforts to get the game out there.

We’ll see if they should’ve put in more effort once the game launches.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Week 10: Lack of Ad Support

Nov 8, 2012
Boy was I absolutely wrong! That most recent trailer just blew my mind with how good it was, to the point that it's now one of the three video game ads I've ever liked, and might just have edged Michael out of the way as being my favorite.

I love when I'm proven wrong, in this instance at least. I really do.
ecdf9e46
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 8, 2012
i was just about to post something about the new trailer DP :smileytongue:
Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2792 posts

Nov 8, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Boy was I absolutely wrong! That most recent trailer just blew my mind with how good it was, to the point that it's now one of the three video game ads I've ever liked, and might just have edged Michael out of the way as being my favorite.

I love when I'm proven wrong, in this instance at least. I really do.

Yeh, the recent trailer is epic!

That trailer is long enough that should be advertised in the movies.

Then they can cut the trailer (any piece, 15 seconds) and show it all randomized around television.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 8, 2012
You can bet your **bleep** that's getting a thread later today. Screw my pre-order costume poll for a day, it can wait.
ecdf9e46
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (56 Views)
0 Likes