Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: We need these characters. Oh and a Digimon! Sign Here

Nov 29, 2012

Sauruswarrior wrote:

Digimon  games were huge parts of ps1 and 2 especially oversee and here when it was the time. Digimon was a game in tamagachi form before it was a show and we wouldn't use the show tamers that were attached the game Tamers had a lot digimon to win or save the world as needed if you ever played world 2 or 3. But those Tamers where not very "iconic" to the game as the actually digimon and the Digimon themselves would be a better character then a tamer.

ah that's right.. The games were a lot different from the show.  Yeah the tamers in the game weren't really important. 

Goddamn it... I've been wanting to play digimon games before...all this talk really makes me just wan to play the hell out of them.  

Message 51 of 109 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Not sure if trolling. Will assume trolling and be on way.

not trolling? i dont agree with most of igns list, but id be fine with a digimon. i dont see why so many people are against it at all.

Because Digimon is a childrens TV show.

This is the Deadpool logic we're talking about.

there were a lot of games for playstation, pokemons a childrens TV show, they have games and are in smash.

Its not deadpool logic, its the same as asking for spyro or crash, they were big in peoples past, digimon was big in my past, im allowed to request one i believeSmiley Happy

Its not even nearly the same as asking for Crash or Spyro. They were big in the past, but they were additions to a TV show. That's why Deadpool isn't getting in ever, because he is a comic book character.

Second. Pokemon is actually owned by Nintendo. Digimon is not owned by Sony. Digimon does not have any ties 'to' Sony besides some games for the PS1/PS2.

i can say the same at the bottom for crash and spyro o.0, yes they may have been mascots, but its the same thing.

crash and spyro were big in the past for playstation, now they arent quite as big.

not seeing how they are different besides crash/spyro being "mascots"

Crash and Spyro are video game characters though. They started as video game characters. Digimon started originally as tamagotchi things but eventually went on to TV; years before being featured on actual video games. TV is where they essetionally got really popular, not games.

If you want Digimon to be in a party fighter, they're infinitely more likely to be portrayed in something like Jump All Stars. Not Playstation All-Stars. Because last time I checked this isn't Playstation VS TV.

but they were big as games too, all im saying is i wouldnt mind if a digimon made it in, i actually would be happy with it. im sure nobody would protest if one was already in the game. and being on tamagotchi counts as a video game to meSmiley Happy no offenseSmiley Tongue

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 52 of 109 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

No.

Deadpool was big in MVC3, but there's a reason everyone defending that idea is being laughed at by nearly everyone.

Its because they're not actual video game characters.

I would protest the ever loving crap out of that idea due to them having less of a reason to be on this roster than even the likes of Sir Daniel's missing eyeball as a playable character.

Message 53 of 109 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I agree with a Digimon...we get Digimon, Smash get Pokemon...it fits a rivalry within a rivalry
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 54 of 109 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

No.

Deadpool was big in MVC3, but there's a reason everyone defending that idea is being laughed at by nearly everyone.

I would protest the ever loving crap out of that idea due to them having less of a reason to be on this roster than even the likes of Sir Daniel's missing eyeball as a playable character.

really? i think they have a pretty big reason, they were popular games, popular characters. toro technically isnt a videogame character anymore, hes in. nariko got one game and you arent protesting that more important characters deserve to be in. are you protesting emmett graves? he didnt really leave a mark, i mean hes not important at all by your logic, he only had one game for the ps3. you really shouldnt attack other peoples opinions than boost your ownSmiley Happy as if you are right and everybody else is wrong. I cant think of a single reason a digimon character shouldnt be considered an all-star, unless you are counting the "tv show" thing. which parappa had a t.v. show too.

Message 55 of 109 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Digimon X Pokemon needs to happen though.

Message 56 of 109 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

No.

really? i think they have a pretty big reason, they were popular games, popular characters. toro technically isnt a videogame character anymore, hes in. nariko got one game and you arent protesting that more important characters deserve to be in. are you protesting emmett graves? he didnt really leave a mark, i mean hes not important at all by your logic, he only had one game for the ps3. you really shouldnt attack other peoples opinions than boost your ownSmiley Happy as if you are right and everybody else is wrong. I cant think of a single reason a digimon character shouldnt be considered an all-star, unless you are counting the "tv show" thing. which parappa had a t.v. show too.

Nariko was made as a first party exclusive to push the launch of the PS3. Emmett Graves is a first party exclusive to a game they've been pushing quite hard as of late.

By this logic, FIRST PARTY SONY CHARACTERS should make it in, not THIRD PARTY TV SHOW CHARACTERS.

Message 57 of 109 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

No.

Nariko was made as a first party exclusive to push the launch of the PS3. Emmett Graves is a first party exclusive to a game they've been pushing quite hard as of late.

By this logic, FIRST PARTY SONY CHARACTERS should make it in, not THIRD PARTY TV SHOW CHARACTERS.

okaySmiley Very Happy so no crash or spyro! glad we solved this already xD no digimon, no crash and spyro. its easier to get first party characters anywaysSmiley Happy we can take out the ones we have too, they are probably costing money that can go towards first party characters.

Message 58 of 109 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Nov 29, 2012

sure but Namco Bandai always separates its games from the show counterparts. The games have nothing in relation to the show cept the actually digimon Excluding the two rumble arenas which focus was on the series. BUt the actual World games had nothing in relations to the show. Since Superbot said anyone on playstation can be in then yes. But ppl like Naruto and Goku who games are based in their own universe with the same characters from show. DIgimon can be an exception as we are wanting the digimon not the shows digimon the game digimon which has no realtion at all to the show but to the brand itself. It wouldn't have anything to do with its season that it appeared in. since the character themselves are in digital space they would fit the story of the game as they can be in that digital essence compared to deadpool who is without his background or story would suck. but digimon can be used without any connection the show counterpart and we are talking about the video game versions that are not based of the show.

Message 59 of 109 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I'm fine with that.

Still, Crash and Spyro started as videogame characters so they have a slightly higher chance.

Message 60 of 109 (79 Views)
0 Likes