Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: We need these characters. Oh and a Digimon! Sign Here

Nov 29, 2012

The Big 3 are crap. Well except for One Piece. We need more .hack//Sign and Steins Gate.

Message 81 of 109 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Nov 29, 2012

cept the DIgimon games are in no relation to the show in any way. You fail to address this point and keep saying that they are tv show. But we are talking about Digimon that are themselves just like SSB its not Ashe's pikachu its just a pikachu and its just a jigglypuff and a Lucario and a mewtwo they aren't the shows versions. The digimon in this game will be just a digimon its not related to the show. The Digimon World Games are probably one of the most (not thee, one)popular old ps1 nostalga games to play and Namco Bandai owns the rights to the Digimon franchise, Toei owns parts of season 02 and Data squad. Digimon is not just a show is not the core part of the digimon series unlike most other anime characters. Dragonball and One piece are mainly the show and the games are based loosely of parts or timelines of the shows while DIgimon main games are based in their own universe and timeline not coinciding with any of the others. 

Message 82 of 109 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Sauruswarrior wrote:

cept the DIgimon games are in no relation to the show in any way. You fail to address this point and keep saying that they are tv show. But we are talking about Digimon that are themselves just like SSB its not Ashe's pikachu its just a pikachu and its just a jigglypuff and a Lucario and a mewtwo they aren't the shows versions. The digimon in this game will be just a digimon its not related to the show. The Digimon World Games are probably one of the most (not thee, one)popular old ps1 nostalga games to play and Namco Bandai owns the rights to the Digimon franchise, Toei owns parts of season 02 and Data squad. Digimon is not just a show is not the core part of the digimon series unlike most other anime characters. Dragonball and One piece are mainly the show and the games are based loosely of parts or timelines of the shows while DIgimon main games are based in their own universe and timeline not coinciding with any of the others. 

It doesn't matter what 'timeline' they are. You're essetionally saying Lego Star Wars can get in with that horrible logic.

Message 83 of 109 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Plus a good rival for a digimon would be .hack seires character mistaken the digimon as another virus in the "net" and the digimon can assume that the .hack charater would be someone wanting to abuse the digital world. Haseo for .hack rep as he would be easier than kite.

Message 84 of 109 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Nov 29, 2012

cept lego series are just retelling of big movie titles or comic heros universe but just using lego characters. There is clear difference between the digimon games and shows unlike one piece, dbz, naruto games which are using the same characters in the games as in the shows.

Message 85 of 109 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I'm siding with MarrowOchi here. Digimon is a terrible idea.

This should be a game about PlayStation characters, ie. video game characters that have been on the PlayStation.

Digimon is NOT a video game franchise. Just because there are video games based on the franchise doesn't make it a video game franchise. It is, first and foremost, a TOY franchise which has a spin-off anime and spin-off video games.

Bandai made the original toys so they own the rights. Yes, they merged with Namco later, but this still doesn't make Digimon video game characters. Especially since the franchise was created BEFORE Namco Bandai was a joint company, so Namco had nothing to do with the creation of the franchise.

We do have a Namco Bandai character in the game - Heihachi - but he's from the Namco video game side of the company and is therefore a reasonable choice. Requests for Katamari also make sense.

I don't care if it was part of your childhood. The Animaniacs game on the SNES was part of mine, but I don't see the Warners as sensible character requests Smiley Tongue

As for Pokemon being in Smash Bros? Pokemon is, first and foremost, a VIDEO GAME franchise created and owned by Nintendo, so its inclusion in Smash is understandable.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 86 of 109 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Sauruswarrior wrote:

It doesn't matter what 'timeline' they are. You're essetionally saying Lego Star Wars can get in with that horrible logic.

im fine with any character if they make sense. digimon had huge games that people loved, im actually sure a digimon and goku would bring more sales than nariko would have (no offense)

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 87 of 109 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I like nariko, I am hoping the next DMC give Ninja Theory enough $$ to make a second as they didn't like the budget they would of got for it. THough Digimon was on playstation and their early ps 1 games did make a impact at the time and should deserve to be considered we here aren't saying that they should automatically be in. 

Message 88 of 109 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Sauruswarrior wrote:

I like nariko, I am hoping the next DMC give Ninja Theory enough $$ to make a second as they didn't like the budget they would of got for it. THough Digimon was on playstation and their early ps 1 games did make a impact at the time and should deserve to be considered we here aren't saying that they should automatically be in. 

exactly, they should be considered, just like crash and spyro, they were huge on PS1, i still have all the digimon world games.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 89 of 109 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Nov 29, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

exactly, they should be considered, just like crash and spyro, they were huge on PS1, i still have all the digimon world games.

I'm going to break in to your house and steal them.Robot Mad

Just kidding Smiley Tongue, Wish they put it on the PSN, never got to finished those since they got messed up by my old ps2. :/

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 90 of 109 (62 Views)
0 Likes