Jan 14 2013
By: n00ne_imp0rtant Splicer 53 posts

We don't need nerfs. We need fixes.

[ Edited ]
18 replies 373 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

For the sake of this thread, I'll define a "nerf" as "a reduction in AP generation."

Nerfs aren't going to do it. Nerfs mean that spammers just need to spam a little harder. Fixes are what really need to be put into play. Things that are truly oversights that give an unfair advantage of one character over another.

Kratos: As far as I can tell, he's the only character in the game with an attack that "homes in" on an enemy (☐). Having a homing attack in a fighting game is like bringing a gun to a fist fight. Fighting games are about precision and timing, not grab-the-closest-dude-and-toss-him. (I have heard that Nariko has a move that somewhat homes, but if this is true, instances of spamming it are far more isolated than with Kratos.)

Raiden: I didn't realize how big of an issue his kill confirm is until I fought a Raiden in 1v1. It's impossible to dodge his Level 1 after being grabbed. With Raiden, you know you're dead 2 whole seconds before he even activates the Super.  All that really needs to be done is to give the opponent the ability to roll out of the way before standing up. In addition, this video shows an infinite combo of his that desperately needs to be fixed.

Nathan Drake: While that barrel really frustrates me, I won't nitpick about it. He has an infinite as well (seen here), and while it doesn't always last forever, it wastes a ton of time and is obviously unintentional.

Toro: He has a combo that keeps him airborne for as long as you want, which some players take advantage of in 2v2 or 1v1 matches (get one kill, then float above the stage for the rest of the match). This is a VERY isolated issue, but nonetheless needs to be fixed.

For the most part, kill confirms/combos do not need to be fixed, as many of them are totally dodgable. Most of the kill confirm videos I have seen are against braindead CPUs in practice mode and are thus wholly unconvincing. Also, I don't think Projectile Campers should be fixed, either. Yes, Radec/Evil Cole campers can be annoying, but they are completely managable. 

Message 1 of 19 (373 Views)
Wastelander
616 posts

Re: We don't need nerfs. We need fixes.

Jan 14, 2013
You don't know the definition of nerf lol.
Message 2 of 19 (368 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Thank you for your constructive criticism.
Message 3 of 19 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Nerfs, fixes, balances... they all serve the same purpose, to fix that which is broken.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 4 of 19 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Ty captain obvious
Message 5 of 19 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Aquoon wrote:
Ty captain obvious

That was really clever, Diane. Maybe next time you'll hit 'em with a knock-knock joke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 6 of 19 (318 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Hate I feeeel it!
Message 7 of 19 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 14, 2013

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 8 of 19 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Who is diane?
Message 9 of 19 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Did you seriously complain about Toro? I understand the other fixes but the Toro one is ridiculous since its one of Toros only great moves.

I'm no troll, I just dont like you.
Message 10 of 19 (280 Views)
0 Likes