Sackboy
391 posts

Re: We do not need a Team ICO rep...

Sep 25, 2012
Yea, maybe a stage would be nice but as a characters, no.
Message 31 of 34 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Sep 25, 2012
Well i want to see wander or ico in this game.
Message 32 of 34 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Sep 25, 2012
I think Wander would make a great addition to the cast

ouyofo.jpg

Message 33 of 34 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
759 posts

Sep 25, 2012
I think I understand you Marko. Basically, it's not about his moves. They could just as easily think something up for him as they did Parappa and make it seem true or actually be true to his character or somewhat of an accurate representation.

However, it's impossible to really display everything that Wander truly meant and represented. To play off of your "man with a sword" example, Wander was really just a man. There was honestly nothing special about him, but more about the quest he decided to undertake and it's scale, along with his subtle transformation from a man with a righteous cause to a bit of a serial killer. You can't capture that feeling in PASBR. To a degree, playing with him would feel a little disappointing because he'd seem empty. I was conflicted about this myself, as I want him in, but know that he won't feel the same, that no matter what amazing things they give him, he won't feel like Wander. The man with a cause. Regardless, I want him in. I know that he won't feel like Wander and like a crazy kidnapped victim with Stockholm syndrome, I want him in.

This is because, to a degree, not many of the characters will likely feel as if they encompass everything that they represent. You can't truly feel Kratos' rage, Cole's decisions, Jak's torment, or Ratchet's journey. The vibe is there but it feels like something is missing.

To contradict myself though, the only reason the vibe is there is because they all have strong, almost exagerrated personalities. Thats why they feel as if they belong. Wander doesn't. His entire personality is implied by the journey he undertakes. His decisions are already made. He's saving her no matter the cost. He says nothing. He has no cool one liners. His grunts has no emotion. He doesn't interact with anyone. You're left to make up your own story about him so for everybody, he what he is and who he is is slightly different, but oddly the same. And that's where SotC truly shines as Art, but also what makes Wander difficult to really represent in a game like this.

Look at me. I've been rambling for 37 minutes now (I'm at work, it's hard to type and be productive). I went all into design decisions an what not lol. You guys are probably getting this late so I'll just end with this:

In spite of all the evidence I just used to show why he wouldn't be good, I still want Wander in this game, not because of who he is, but because who I made him out to be when I played SotC, and because of what that game meant to me and still means now.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 34 of 34 (61 Views)
0 Likes