Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

Re: We can come to a compromise!( kill confirm discussion)

Feb 7, 2013

Level 1 should have never been able to hitconfirm. I'd say not even level 2, but that's more reasonable considering it takes more effort to get one, except with the infamous quartet (Raiden, Kratos, Drake, Sly) that is.

If they wanted hitconfirm for level 1, they should at least make them much more risky. I mean, Raiden, Fat Princess, Heihachi, Evil Cole  and Sweet Tooth's hitconfirms for level 1 are a plain joke. The moment they get the super they do nothing but look for the hitconfirm and the easy kill, which they eventually get because there is little to no punish for failure. The rest are acceptable even though no hitconfirm at all would be the best.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 46 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 7, 2013
I get no comments of my eloquent post? :smileytongue:

What about the facts that we can punish such predictability and use it as an advantage?
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 46 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
397 posts

Feb 7, 2013
E. Cole's up throw doesn't always work nor does it work with every character
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 46 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Is obvious they didn't predict the KC in the way they are now, game desing has some issues. To expect a bigger change like remove KC's by now is hopeless, but they could have done something like a combo breaker (not like Killer Instinct, something like saint seiya), using "combo breaker" the player could have broke the enemy combo using some of his AP but canceling the KC, just by pressing a combination (maybe like R2 plus R1 or something) and the character performs a kind of "self explosion" throwin away the enemy, of course with no AP no como breaker to use this would lead to "if you can't get to lvl 1 because you need to use a lot of combo breakers is because you just don't know how to dodge!".

Well, that is my opinion, maybe for a sequel, who knows :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 46 (167 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 7, 2013

As the owner of the 50 KC FP Video ;p The issue with this is that for the characters soft knockdowns lead to confirms along with when opponents get knocked to their butt. In Fatty p's case you just rotate between the attacks that do those and you never get hard knock downs so you can confirm whenever. Taking out the initial soft knockdown or attacks that do soft knockdown will change the gameplay so much you don't understand.. combos wouldn't really exist

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 46 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:

What about the facts that we can punish such predictability and use it as an advantage?

You expect too much.

You talk too much. You try to make your posts thought provoking, but they're really just incredibly long-winded. You're saying very little while raising too many rhetorical questions not very many people care that much about.

Keep your posts short, simple, and to the point, and perhaps more people would bother to pay attention to what you have to say.

About the question in the quote. What about the facts? What answer are you expecting to recieve? Yeah, it's a good thing to punish predictability and punish the opponent. Do it as much as you can. 

Seriously, I don't get it. Stop asking questions and start giving answers.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 46 (147 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 7, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Aylas_Hero wrote:

You expect too much.

You talk too much. You try to make your posts thought provoking, but they're really just incredibly long-winded. You're saying very little while raising too many rhetorical questions not very many people care that much about.

Keep your posts short, simple, and to the point, and perhaps more people would bother to pay attention to what you have to say.

About the question in the quote. What about the facts? What answer are you expecting to recieve? Yeah, it's a good thing to punish predictability and punish the opponent. Do it as much as you can. 

Seriously, I don't get it. Stop asking questions and start giving answers.

If i read the post right, its does say kill confirm discussion in it. Not kill confirm facts. If you want fact, you were just being a major ahole. Fact 1. He presented his opinion and a solid one at that to jog DISCUSSION in this thread. Since the only FACT of this whole thread is that, in FACT, there is 1 hit KC's in the game and FACTS show that so far that only raidens grab confirm has been touched and FACT that the Devs have talked about KC's being okay for a while now. Maybe the fact is you should stop talking.

And you honestly expect answers in a discussion thread.. you are so hypocritical

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 46 (136 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Feb 7, 2013
Actually Gale, I understand Aylas' post quite well. I've been saying this since the game dropped. I developed tactics that try to counter 1 hit kills. The fact is that if you see a EC with a red fist and a lvl 1, or a ST constantly trying to short hop and air square, or even a sly invisible you know exactly what's coming and normally I can bait the set up right out of them. Gale, step your game up, or at least try to add some thoughtful input Instead of having sour balls to someone who's trying to give advice

Gale,
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 46 (127 Views)
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Mogilicudi wrote:
If i read the post right, its does say kill confirm discussion in it. Not kill confirm facts. If you want fact, you were just being a major ahole. Fact 1. He presented his opinion and a solid one at that to jog DISCUSSION in this thread. Since the only FACT of this whole thread is that, in FACT, there is 1 hit KC's in the game and FACTS show that so far that only raidens grab confirm has been touched and FACT that the Devs have talked about KC's being okay for a while now. Maybe the fact is you should stop talking.

And you honestly expect answers in a discussion thread.. you are so hypocritical

Confused. Is this aimed at myself or Aylas?

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 46 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Fat_Slapper wrote:
Actually Gale, I understand Aylas' post quite well. I've been saying this since the game dropped. I developed tactics that try to counter 1 hit kills. The fact is that if you see a EC with a red fist and a lvl 1, or a ST constantly trying to short hop and air square, or even a sly invisible you know exactly what's coming and normally I can bait the set up right out of them. Gale, step your game up, or at least try to add some thoughtful input Instead of having sour balls to someone who's trying to give advice

Gale,

I'm not even going to argue. I'm just going to leave at you not understanding what I was doing or saying and just decided to toss out baseless assumptions.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 46 (121 Views)
0 Likes