Sep 29 2012
By: yooobooyj Wastelander 756 posts

We Should Know Info. This Is Why!

[ Edited ]
4 replies 132 views Edited Sep 29, 2012

So I saw this on NeoGaf about all the info we had on Smash Bros Brawl when it was 2 months away. A gaffer posted this and it astounded me how much we knew about that game at the time of it's debut. Anyways check this out for those who think we should only know info about a game a few weeks or 1 month away from release.

Brawl came out in Japan on Jan 31, 2008. By mid-December, roughly a month and a half from when the game came out, we knew:

- A huge majority of the cast and their special moves, without having revealed hidden Veterans like Marth and Ness or Newcomers like ROB and Wolf.
- Tons of posts on different techniques, move types, the now-dreaded tripping, and details on how the final smash/smash ball worked.
- Nearly all of the Assist Trophies, PokeBall monsters and Normal Items.
- The game's main story mode, Subspace Emissary, as well as having a few of the game's CG clips teasing some of the mode's cameo bosses like Rayquaza and Petey Pirahna. As well as Special Brawl, the Stage Builder, Stickers, Team battles, Tournament mode, Rotation mode, Training mode and Spectator mode for online play.
- 19 Stages, with one of them being a returning Melee stage tease.
- A nice amount of clips from different songs in the game, the My Music feature for music selection per stage, as well as all the composers who contributed to the soundtrack.

It's kind of embarrassing that most of what we know/knew about All-Stars didn't come from the devs themselves, but from leaks. 

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 5 (132 Views)
Survivor
2383 posts

Re: We Should Know Info. This Is Why!

Sep 29, 2012
i agree with this we need more information
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 2 of 5 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Super bot lacks experience

Thread/
Message 3 of 5 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Sep 29, 2012

That is exactly the problem. I nearly made a thread about this myself about an hour ago. A lot of people would probably be a lot less angry if there was at least some communication but there's been absolutly nothing. That's the most infuriating thing.

Message 4 of 5 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Sep 29, 2012

I completely agree, nothing wrong with trying to build hype but once that leak came out, it kind of threw a wrench into the mix. At that point they should have just told us most if not everything they were allowed to.

Message 5 of 5 (46 Views)
0 Likes