Dec 08 2012
By: Ginta2468 PlayStation MVP 6371 posts

Ways to improve Polygon Man fight.

7 replies 225 views Edited Dec 8, 2012
This is not a thread talking about how you think the Polygon Man fight sucks or what not, I just want to improve. It can still be the same on easier difficulties, but who doesn't play arcade on all-star? Here are some ways I think this fight can be improved:

1. When Polygon Man head smashes, let it kill you.
2. When he transforms, let him attack more than twice, and let it come out quicker
3.Have the AI try their absolute hardest to gang up on you, like on the general trial 10 with Radec (Only on All-star).
4. More laughter
5. When he hits you with the head, he goes back out of the arena faster
6.Well he shouldn't just sit there and let the character beat on him. If he misses the head smash, he can start spinning to attack back and turn into polygon blocks and fly around the stage. He is still vunerable though.
7.When he spins back to the background, if you get hit by it you lose all ap
8.EYE LAZAHZ!
9.If you get a very all star victory throughout the aracade mode and after you beat polygon man, a secret boss who is harder comes out. I thought this might have been a nice addition, but very optional. You do get rewarded for beating the secret boss, it could just be any ps character or stronger version of polygon man, like Bowser-Giga Bowser in Melee (Not trying to offend anyone).

You guys can add on what do you think if the boss fight was done like this. I hope Superbot reads this.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (225 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1867 posts

Re: Ways to improve Polygon Man fight.

Dec 8, 2012
Very good ideas also he should summon polygon spikes just like coles level 2
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (206 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
371 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Great points/ideas!

My main issue with this boss fight was how repetitive it was throughout each characters arcade mode. You fight a single Polygon character, defeat them, Polygon man crashes into the stage, you bash him until he flies off the stage, he summons two more Polygon characters, you defeat them, etc...

You knew what to expect everytime you fought him, and there was no real challenge to the fight.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (189 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6371 posts

Dec 8, 2012
Yeah when I play fighters I am usually against furstrating boss fights (Street fighter 2 Turbo Akuma, King of Fighters 13 Ash) Everytime I do arcade mode Polygon Man isn't even a bump on the road for me, just there to stall the ending for 3 mins. I just think this boss could use a bit more, and maybe Superbot might take these ideas into consideration.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1867 posts

Dec 8, 2012
Yea polygon could of been a better fight. They could of make him summon his polygon minions just like fat princess but they do a chain combo for example raiden does some slash combo then kratos take his place doing a up square while in the air out of nowhere nariko does her neutral O and then you get launch followed by a head smash from polygon end combo.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (144 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6371 posts

Dec 8, 2012
I actually like that idea. I will put it in the original post when I am off of mobile.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2012

Something i think would have made the fight cooler would be instead of the characters you have to fight just being purple with yellow eyes (like Polygon Man himself) Instead it would be cool if the characters were transformed into PS1 versions of themselves. 

Just think what Jak or Nate or Ratchet or Sly would look like in PS1 graphics :smileyvery-happy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS All-Stars Battle Royale Mains: Sly,Jak,Ratchet,PaRappa,Kat,Good Cole,Raiden.
Kingdom Hearts FTW!
Moveset ideas:Ty the Tasmanian Tiger-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Ty-the-Tasmanian-Tiger-moveset/m-p/39916477
Sora-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Sora-Kingdom-Hearts-moveset/m-p/39923329
Crash Bandicoot-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Crash-Bandicoot-moveset/m-p/40043417
Spyro-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Spyro-The-Dragon-Moveset/m-p/42628521

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

Why not making Polygon Man this game's Edge Master? Switching movesets between respawns and stuff.

But of course, to balance that, he got his own set of supers that doesn't switch.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (91 Views)
0 Likes