Sep 15 2012
By: HELLSAGENT_17 Fender Bender 2794 posts

War... or Death?

26 replies 744 views Edited Sep 15, 2012

Anyone who has played Darksiders can quickly realize what this thread about. I know that it may be to late to suggest more characters (especially considering they're not PS3 exclusive) but I think that almost no other character (that I can think of) would fit in this game more than these 2 fearsome foes and I believe either one of them have a good chance at being DLC. I have even taken the time to list their movesets. If you have played Darksiders, either 1 or 2. You would know that there are so many things that can be incorporated into their movesets. They're just begging to be in the game. We'll start with:

Darksiders

War

War.jpg

Naturally, War is heavily armed, so his speed will be sort of sluggish, between slow and normal speed.

Square:

Whilst standing still and tapping the button once, War will guard himself for 1 full second. If anyone attacks him while doing so, he will quickly counter with 1 devastating swipe of his sword.

When moving either side on ground, War will basically swing his sword with consecutive chain attacks.

When pressing up, War will swing his sword up sending his opponent flying in midair (Can be used in sync with next few combos)

Whilst in midair and pressing Basic square (while not moving) War will perform a flipsaw with his blade. (Rotates more than once at least 3+ times)

Whist in midair and pressing square + down, War will perform a 1 spin flipsaw and crash down to the ground with his sword in front of him.

Whilst in midair and pressing square either side, War will follow with consecutive swipes, the final slash attack will send your opponent flying across the air.

While in midair and pressing square + up, War will simply do a moonsalt slash (Not meant to be used in sync). 

Triangle:

War's secondary weapon is a Harvester (Scythe), it should be slower than his blade but deal more damage and have more length

While standing still, a tap of the  triangle button will swing War's harvester around him. You can also hold triangle for him to charge it for a second and release to swing the harvester with greater force pushing anyone around him back.

When pressing either side, War will swing his harvester (slowly I might add) with great width twice and follow it up by throwing the harvester forward into a flipsaw and having it come back.

When pressing up, War will simply swing his Harvester upwards clockwise (basically a swing for convenience if anyone happens to be above him).

When pressing down, War will do multiple ground pounds with his fists doing area damage.

Whilst in midair and a tap of the triangle will make War perform a slanted rotation of his harvester (Sort of like this "/" but more horizontal if you know what I mean).

Circle:

War has a lot of fun toys/utility that he can use at his disposal.

Basic circle, while standing still, War will pick up a Shadow Bomb, (basically a gooey bomb that sticks to anyone/ any surface) it will explode within 3 seconds (as soon as it touches any surface/anyone that is). This will affect anyone near it (even War) and can be passed a long if anyone touches anone.

Whilst standing still or moving either side, while holding circle, War will pull out his Elemental Crossblade and release it, the direction it flies is dependent on where you release your joystick pointing at a certain direction. The crossblade will continue to swipe the unlucky opponent it caught for 2-3 seconds. (It can't be thrown completely above or below War). FUN FACT: War's crossblade could sap Wrath energy in Darksiders. Here, his crossblade can sap the energy your opponents drop and add it to War's gauge.

While tapping circle consecutively (up to 3 times)War will pull out his pistol (Mercy) and shoot 5+ rounds of never ending ammunition, stopping your opponent in their tracks!

Whilst holding circle in midair, War will use his Shadow Wings to descend to the floor slowly (can be used for whatever reason).

Throw: War Will simply pick up his opponent with his bare stone hand and toss them across the stage.

Special Move 1: War's Glory, War Will get his untainted horseman strength (for x amount of time) that can defeat his opponents within a couple of attacks.

Special Move 2: War will call on his horse, Ruin and will ride upon it. Trampling and swiping anyone and everyone that gets in the way. (Fast speed)

Special Move 3: (Cutscene attack) War will take form of his Demon War Monger ability and will annihilate everyone.

Alternative costume: Abyssal Armor

Taunt: War will raise his stone hand and out of the symbol on it will come out; The Watcher, who will circle around War once and rather quickly.

Darksiders 2

DEATH

Death.jpg

Please take note that Death is more tactical and agile than War. Death has between normal and fast speed.

Square:

Basic square (without moving), Death will whip out a Spear and circle it around him swiftly.

While moving either side, Death will sweep out his twin scythes and attack with them many times consecutively and quickly.

Pressing up will make Death sweep his opponents upwards with a double kick, making them defenseless in midair (I smell sync combos coming up!)

Pressing square basically while in midair (not moving) will make Death perform a devastating flipsaw with a stone hammer (counter) clockwise depending on direction.

Pressing square either side while in midair will make  Death pull out armblades or claws (randomly each time) which can attack at very high speed and finally come crashing down with your opponent diagonally. Death backflips away after which.

Pressing square + down while in midair will make Death perform a guillotine attack with his twin scythes pushing his opponent down to the floor with the greatest of force.

Pressing square + up whilst in midair, Death will join his twin scythes together one blade opposite of each other on the end of each side and spin them as if they were helicopter blades.

Triangle:

Basic triangle (without moving) will make Death prepare himself for 1 full second if anyone attempts to attack him at this time, Death will teleport (and then) slash any opponent at random very quickly. (Yes anyone, anywhere in the stage)

When moving either side, Death will charge at either direction with the Spear of Storms, anyone it touches will be stunned hopelessly for a few seconds.

When pressing up, Death will throw Absolution (A giant badDonkey looking axe) upwards like a flipsaw and have it return.

Whilst holding triangle in midair. Death Will rotate horizontally with the Scepter of the Deposed King, anyone struck by it will freeze into a block of ice and drop to the floor.

When pressing triangle on either side in midair, Death will bring out Gold Bringer (a pair of twin scythes), instead of giving you more gold, you get more energy with each swipe that fills up your gauge. (Does significantly less damage than the square setup) Gold Bringer will stay active as Death's twin scythes for a few seconds then revert back to normal. (But remember, they do significantly less damage than the normal scythes)

When pressing triangle upwards/downwards whilst in midair, Death will release a wave of flame with the Omega Blades that move upwards/downwards themselves.

Circle:

When holding circle for exactly 3 full seconds, Death activates his Aegis guard which puts a beacon shield around him with lightning arcs. The Aegis guard lasts for 10 seconds and if Death is interrupted while trying to activate it. The Aegis can't be activated for the next 5 seconds. The lightning arcs do minimal damage to anyone and everyone around war. Death Receives a tiny bit less of damage then he normally would when the shield is active.

While tapping circle (can also be done in midair) consecutively (up to 3 times), Death will pull out his pistol (Mercy) and shoot 5+ rounds of never ending ammunition, stopping your opponent in their tracks! (Yes, Death uses this pistol as well.)

When you press circle side to side, Death will use Deathgrip to pull himself to whoever he touches (Sort of like lightning tether.) This can also be used on a surface.

While pressing circle at ANY direction while in midair, Death will use his Voidwalker and create a portal, up to 2 can be made anywhere (ceiling, ground and walls) and only Death can use these portals. (It is suggested to use Deathgrip for easier traverse)

Throw: Death Will skillfully grab his opponent, flip and throw him/her over the shoulder/back.

Special Move 1: Death Will activate Soul Splitter (basically it's like when Zero from Megaman X makes a hologram version of himself) and you can control both to attack, you also swap your twin scythes for the gnoMAD GNOme scythes. With every swipe you will hear a sick laughter from the duo pair of gnoMAD GNOmes which also deal random bad luck to your opponent (Elemental damage, set on fire, freeze, shock, poison, etc.) You MAD?

Special Move 2: Exhume, Death summons 3 ghouls that attack your opponents for you, youcan help them and get quick kills.

Special Move 3: Death activates Reaper form (for x amount of time) you can levitate around the stage. This, you can control. One swipe gets the kill. You're Death after all Smiley Wink

Basic Costume: Death's basic costume will actually have Death with no gear what so ever, he will look like what he does when you begin Darksiders 2.

Alternative Costume: Abyssal Armor

Taunt: Dust (The Crow) Rests on Death's arm while Death lets out a chuckle.

Finally, I now thank you for reading this incredibly long thread. Took me quite awhile to go through everything. I only hope I didn't forget anything too important. Now please, I would like to hear your opinions. Even if you have not heard of these characters yourself. If you could pick 1, which would it be?

War.. or Death?

Message 1 of 27 (744 Views)
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Re: War... or Death?

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

War in abyssal armor:

AA_War.jpg

Death in abyssal armor:

AA_Death.jpg

Message 2 of 27 (740 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 15, 2012

i still havent beat darksiders 2:/ couldnt get into it, still around the start

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 3 of 27 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

WAR count: 3

DEATH count: 5

Undecided/Unknown: 1

This reserve was ruined by the forum poster above me Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 27 (735 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 15, 2012

I have a better question for you.
Cake or Death.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 5 of 27 (730 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Sep 15, 2012

@ killedbyaspork, Death.

Message 6 of 27 (723 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Sep 15, 2012
Ok havent played darksiders but the death guy looks all bad**s anyway i guess he cant beat sackboy or toro
Maybe he can be included as dlc w other 3rd party like assasins creed guy,rayman etc
Message 7 of 27 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Sep 15, 2012
I for one am a big fan of darksiders and I'm currently on my second playthrough in darksiders 2...I think death would be a great choice his never nimble and seeing the reaper fight is always a treat for the eyes
Message 8 of 27 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Sep 15, 2012
*very ...not never stupid auto correct
Message 9 of 27 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Sep 15, 2012

So, 2 for Death?

Intresting, as much as I'd hate to pick between the 2, I would go with War, Death has all the attention currently since his own game just recently came out. I am also happy to see another Darksiders fan. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 27 (575 Views)
0 Likes