Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: Wanting Kat is Hypocritical

Sep 21, 2012

Actually lemme go a bit further with this.

Kat, and Gravity Rush, are to the Playstation Vita, as Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon are to the PSX, as inFamous is to the PS3, and as Ratchet and Clank/Jak and Daxter to the PS2.. Genre defining masterpieces that pretty much push their systems. This can't be argued. Why?

Have you played Gravity Rush? Have you seen how many people saying she deserves a spot? I don't do it for her goofy design or appearance; I do it because holy hell that game was amazing.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 86 (115 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
831 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Actually lemme go a bit further with this.

Kat, and Gravity Rush, are to the Playstation Vita, as Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon are to the PSX, as inFamous is to the PS3, and as Ratchet and Clank/Jak and Daxter to the PS2.. Genre defining masterpieces that pretty much push their systems. This can't be argued. Why?

Have you played Gravity Rush? Have you seen how many people saying she deserves a spot? I don't do it for her goofy design or appearance; I do it because holy hell that game was amazing.

Genre defining masterpiece? Let's not get carried away. Gravity Rush holds a score of 84 on Metacritic (83 user score) and 82.16% on Gamerankings. Overall, Gravity Rush is 6th in the Metacritic all-time PSV scores and 9th on the Gamerankings all-time best PSV rankings. Not to mention the fact that the PSV is an incredibly young portable console that has been out in the market for less than a year. Consensus tells us that Gravity Rush is an above average game. Good but not great.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/gravity-rush

http://www.gamerankings.com/vita/620274-gravity-rush/index.html

Comparing what Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, Solid Snake and Cloud did to the PS brand in the PS1 era to what Kat is doing now to the PS brand with the PSV is ridiculous. They may be worthy reps of their respective consoles but in no way do their impact and importance compare to each other.

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 86 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Sep 21, 2012
If you let websites dictate how good you think a game is before you even play it, you don't even have a valid point to make. The game is absolutely incredible. I actually would say it's up there with the likes of Chrono Trigger, and many others. Who gives a d@mn what a few reviewers say. Their job is to criticize, and though you should respect their opinions, you should still judge the game for yourself first. Play the entire thing, not just the demo, and try uttering the words "meh, it was okay" without wanting to slap yourself out of blasphemy.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
We're both lawyers.
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 86 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Bryyo wrote:
If you let websites dictate how good you think a game is before you even play it, you don't even have a valid point to make. The game is absolutely incredible. I actually would say it's up there with the likes of Chrono Trigger, and many others. Who gives a d@mn what a few reviewers say. Their job is to criticize, and though you should respect their opinions, you should still judge the game for yourself first. Play the entire thing, not just the demo, and try uttering the words "meh, it was okay" without wanting to slap yourself out of blasphemy.

yeah, reviewers are just like any other people,

they might give a 'score' for something, but it just an opinion,

whether a game is good or not is entirely up to you...

Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 86 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 21, 2012

All major 'review' sites are sometimes paid to review higher on some games. Its no secret; IGN was caught accepting cash, and hey, remember what happened to that guy who gave Kane and Lynch a bad score at GameSpot?

If you sit down and 'play' it, its the current face of the Vita. And yes; genre defining masterpiece. Ever played inFamous? Now imagine that except you can fly, and latch onto walls, and most of the battles are now done in the air. Yeah. On a portable system no doubt. Personally its the most impressive new IP I've seen in the past five years.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 86 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
367 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Because Kat is an actual part of Playstation. First Party. She's owned by Playstation.

Her game was the most innovative thing i've played in 5 years.

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 86 (67 Views)
0 Likes