Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/13/2012
Offline
273 posts
 

Re: Wanting Kat is Hypocritical

Sep 20, 2012

I'm not a Gravity Rush fan nor am I a Starhawk fan, but I think Emmett would be cooler because the spawn drops would simply just play much better. To make Kat exactly like her game, would stray too far from the core gameplay and would give her an unfair advantage, while Emmett spawn system and warhawks could easily be implemented.

Message 31 of 86 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/30/2012
Offline
329 posts
 

Re: Wanting Kat is Hypocritical

Sep 20, 2012
Kat is wanted because she'll make a great impact on PlayStation in the future. Gravity Rush is my reason to get a Vita when I get the money. It looks great and I'm taking it's an action RPG just like Kingdom Hearts was. I love me some action RPGs.

Message 32 of 86 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/13/2012
Offline
273 posts
 

Re: Wanting Kat is Hypocritical

Sep 20, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

Though Kat and Fat Princess may not be the top of the top when it comes to Playstation's great legacy of characters, they are part of the legacy. Fat Princess has proven that you don't have to be popular to be an enjoyable character as many nay-sayers have raved over her in the beta.

 

Characters like FP and Kat also create a wider appeal, reaching out into the nooks and crannies of Playstation fans. I know I, personally, would not have been as interested in this game as I am now if it weren't for Fat Princess. Am I a minority? Absolutely, but I'm one more person who is interested because of her inclusion, and I am not the only one. Kat would do the same for an even larger audience

 

Bottom line; Less popular characters may not be "All-Stars", but they are stars in their own right. To say they don't deserve a spot, in my opinion, is way too harsh.

 

(Also to say Nariko is a stretch makes me think you have something against female characters. You are the only person I've ever heard of thinking Nariko doesn't belong.)


I think having unpopular characters is a great idea to bring them recognition, but only if they're old and forgotten. Nintendo revived Mr. Game and Watch, Pitt, Ice Climbers and Lucas with it's game, while Superbot is reviiving Sir Dan and Parappa. But having unknown charcaters whose games are still being made just feels like an advertisment rather than an uncovering of past history.

Message 33 of 86 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/07/2012
Offline
930 posts
 

Re: Wanting Kat is Hypocritical

Sep 20, 2012

Im fine with what ever character they put in here to a point. Like i mean no tony hawk or something but i adore new dante and i really want kat. 

Photobucket
Message 34 of 86 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/25/2011
Offline
2434 posts
 

Re: Wanting Kat is Hypocritical

Sep 20, 2012

Level_Code wrote:

I'm not a Gravity Rush fan nor am I a Starhawk fan, but I think Emmett would be cooler because the spawn drops would simply just play much better. To make Kat exactly like her game, would stray too far from the core gameplay and would give her an unfair advantage, while Emmett spawn system and warhawks could easily be implemented.


So you're saying that they should make her different? I'm pretty sure SB knows how to balance characters.

Message 35 of 86 (121 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/25/2011
Offline
2434 posts
 

Re: Wanting Kat is Hypocritical

Sep 20, 2012

Level_Code wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

Though Kat and Fat Princess may not be the top of the top when it comes to Playstation's great legacy of characters, they are part of the legacy. Fat Princess has proven that you don't have to be popular to be an enjoyable character as many nay-sayers have raved over her in the beta.

 

Characters like FP and Kat also create a wider appeal, reaching out into the nooks and crannies of Playstation fans. I know I, personally, would not have been as interested in this game as I am now if it weren't for Fat Princess. Am I a minority? Absolutely, but I'm one more person who is interested because of her inclusion, and I am not the only one. Kat would do the same for an even larger audience

 

Bottom line; Less popular characters may not be "All-Stars", but they are stars in their own right. To say they don't deserve a spot, in my opinion, is way too harsh.

 

(Also to say Nariko is a stretch makes me think you have something against female characters. You are the only person I've ever heard of thinking Nariko doesn't belong.)


I think having unpopular characters is a great idea to bring them recognition, but only if they're old and forgotten. Nintendo revived Mr. Game and Watch, Pitt, Ice Climbers and Lucas with it's game, while Superbot is reviiving Sir Dan and Parappa. But having unknown charcaters whose games are still being made just feels like an advertisment rather than an uncovering of past history.


There's a difference between unpopular and unwanted.

Message 36 of 86 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/13/2012
Offline
273 posts
 

Re: Wanting Kat is Hypocritical

Sep 20, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

Level_Code wrote:

I'm not a Gravity Rush fan nor am I a Starhawk fan, but I think Emmett would be cooler because the spawn drops would simply just play much better. To make Kat exactly like her game, would stray too far from the core gameplay and would give her an unfair advantage, while Emmett spawn system and warhawks could easily be implemented.


So you're saying that they should make her different? I'm pretty sure SB knows how to balance characters.


I'm not saying they should, but they'd have to. In her game she leaps hundreds of feet into the air and soars around, and in this that wouldn't work and at the same time she wouldn't feel right without it.

Message 37 of 86 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/10/2012
Offline
854 posts
 

Re: Wanting Kat is Hypocritical

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

Bladecatcher77 wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

Though Kat and Fat Princess may not be the top of the top when it comes to Playstation's great legacy of characters, they are part of the legacy. Fat Princess has proven that you don't have to be popular to be an enjoyable character as many nay-sayers have raved over her in the beta.

 

Characters like FP and Kat also create a wider appeal, reaching out into the nooks and crannies of Playstation fans. I know I, personally, would not have been as interested in this game as I am now if it weren't for Fat Princess. Am I a minority? Absolutely, but I'm one more person who is interested because of her inclusion, and I am not the only one. Kat would do the same for an even larger audience

 

Bottom line; Less popular characters may not be "All-Stars", but they are stars in their own right. To say they don't deserve a spot, in my opinion, is way too harsh.

 

(Also to say Nariko is a stretch makes me think you have something against female characters. You are the only person I've ever heard of thinking Nariko doesn't belong.)


 

Absolutely nothing against female characters. I mentioned in my rant that they could take more than one character from a game, and certainly there'd be plenty of girls to choose from there. I mean, do you understand my argument against Nariko?

 

As for Dante, like I said, he was a generation defining character. Dmc was on most platforms, and most people know who Dante is. I'm just a bit iffy associating him too much with playstation.



I understand what you're getting at, but I disagree. You don't need to be a master of all aspects to be an iconic charcter, which you said yourself she is iconic in one aspect. That is more than enough, plus she has a very strong following.

 

There is more to being included then being loved in every which way, if Superbot held character inclusion to your standards we'd have probably half the roster we do now. I agree we should have the big names you listed, but to say others should not be included just because they are not as popular is too harsh.

Message 38 of 86 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/13/2012
Offline
273 posts
 

Re: Wanting Kat is Hypocritical

Sep 20, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

Bladecatcher77 wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

Though Kat and Fat Princess may not be the top of the top when it comes to Playstation's great legacy of characters, they are part of the legacy. Fat Princess has proven that you don't have to be popular to be an enjoyable character as many nay-sayers have raved over her in the beta.

 

Characters like FP and Kat also create a wider appeal, reaching out into the nooks and crannies of Playstation fans. I know I, personally, would not have been as interested in this game as I am now if it weren't for Fat Princess. Am I a minority? Absolutely, but I'm one more person who is interested because of her inclusion, and I am not the only one. Kat would do the same for an even larger audience

 

Bottom line; Less popular characters may not be "All-Stars", but they are stars in their own right. To say they don't deserve a spot, in my opinion, is way too harsh.

 

(Also to say Nariko is a stretch makes me think you have something against female characters. You are the only person I've ever heard of thinking Nariko doesn't belong.)


 

Absolutely nothing against female characters. I mentioned in my rant that they could take more than one character from a game, and certainly there'd be plenty of girls to choose from there. I mean, do you understand my argument against Nariko?

 

As for Dante, like I said, he was a generation defining character. Dmc was on most platforms, and most people know who Dante is. I'm just a bit iffy associating him too much with playstation.



I understand what you're getting at, but I disagree. You don't need to be a master of all aspects to be an iconic charcter, which you said yourself she is iconic in one aspect. That is more than enough, plus she has a very strong following.

 

There is more to being included then being loved in every which way, if Superbot held character inclusion to your standards we'd have probably half the roster we do now. I agree we should have the big names you listed, but to say others should not be included just because they are not as popular is too harsh.


While she does have a following, she wouldn't help this game sell or bring more fans in as Sora or Cloud or Crash. I'm just saying, unless it was legally impossible to get one of them, she shouldn't be in ahead of them.



Message 39 of 86 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/25/2011
Offline
2434 posts
 

Re: Wanting Kat is Hypocritical

Sep 20, 2012

Level_Code wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

Level_Code wrote:

I'm not a Gravity Rush fan nor am I a Starhawk fan, but I think Emmett would be cooler because the spawn drops would simply just play much better. To make Kat exactly like her game, would stray too far from the core gameplay and would give her an unfair advantage, while Emmett spawn system and warhawks could easily be implemented.


So you're saying that they should make her different? I'm pretty sure SB knows how to balance characters.


I'm not saying they should, but they'd have to. In her game she leaps hundreds of feet into the air and soars around, and in this that wouldn't work and at the same time she wouldn't feel right without it.


That doesn't mean she shouldn't be included, most of the characters in the roster are nerfed versions of what they are in their games.

Message 40 of 86 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes