Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Re: Wanting Kat is Hypocritical

Sep 20, 2012

What Kat lacks in history she makes up for in character and potential.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 86 (275 Views)
Sackboy
518 posts

Sep 20, 2012
Its easy it has nothing to do with what you said She is a unique character that would be awesome to play as. She has a good design and this game desperately needs more female reps.. Her game is at least out! Kat would be a completely unique and awesome character if she was playable..
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 86 (268 Views)
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Sep 20, 2012

You generalized the forum quite a bit here.

I for one, Don't demand charecters burried in PS past. I am against emmet beccause he would be a shooter human (like so many other shooters in this game) and I love new dante. Kat is diversity, alot of the old charecters bring diversity. No one wants to see this game turn into a gun fest and no one wants to see it be a cartoon only party game. I think Kat adds diversity to the cast because or her charecter design and power set. Emmet graves would be interesting as a fighter but I can't see him differentiating from shooters enough. 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 86 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1594 posts

Sep 20, 2012

I think Kat's a great choice simply because she's part of Sony's own stable of characters, and therefore would be towards the top of the list of posibilities. Hell, including some obscure Sony characters in this would be a great idea, much like how Ice Climbers and the Fire Emblem guys were in Smash Bros. Not well known, but still part of the company's history.

And if anything, Kat does have a connection to PS history, even if her game is new. This just makes her currently important as a Vita rep. She's a character who's only ever appeared on the new handheld, and Sony may wish to promote it through her.

As for the suggestions that certain other characters shouldn't be in, I really don't understand why people don't want Emmett Graves. Personally, I know nothing about Starhawk, but since it's a Sony property and seems to have a following, why not put him in there? So I'm in agreement with you there. If people want Kat, they should be fine with Graves too.

Personally, my only issues with suggested characters lie with certain third party suggestions, usually sub-standard platformer characters from the PS1 era (Gex, Croc, etc.), obscure JRPG characters and non-gaming characters (Deadpool, Goku, Batman, James Bond, etc.). But as far as I'm concerned, anything Sony own the rights to is fair game, no matter how obscure or new.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Heihachi Mishima
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 86 (237 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Level_Code wrote:

This forum is always rejecting characters who do not have an extensive history with playstation (new Dante, Emmet Graves, etc.) and wanting ones with one (Crash, Spyro, Cloud). So that leaves me to my question, why is everyone on board with Kat? Her IP has been out for less than half a year, and she doesn't have much going for her beyond the fact that she's good looking and female. I personally would be mad if she got in rather than the hundreds of other charcaters with more history than her and feel that IPs made in 2012 and after should not be a first priority (DLC at most).

Well you have to remember where this forums is coming from. Most don't want "new" Dante, keyword there 'new', they want old Dante, that's been the main gripe about Dante in general. Now about Emmet Graves, they are most likely looking at this from an actual fighter angle, not another exclusive gun-ho person who they can plaster in who would actually not be that good in fighting.

But to answer your main question about why everyone wants Kat. Most people who support Kat have actually played the game, know her moves, and understand that she is a fighter who can keep her own. Those people also don't see her as a Vita representative but rather an actual fighter, the words "Vita respresentative" is just used in hopes to give her an edge over other wanted characters.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 86 (234 Views)
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Really? just... really? this game is meant to represent all eras of Sony from the first all the way up to the very present. I think you`re just hating on Kat because shes popular and well requested. You think we only want her in because shes good looking? lol how simple minded are you? try and do your research on her. She has awesome abilities and would be a unqiue inclusion to the roster, in addition shes a Vita rep.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 86 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Sep 20, 2012

peartboyz wrote:

You generalized the forum quite a bit here.

I for one, Don't demand charecters burried in PS past. I am against emmet beccause he would be a shooter human (like so many other shooters in this game) and I love new dante. Kat is diversity, alot of the old charecters bring diversity. No one wants to see this game turn into a gun fest and no one wants to see it be a cartoon only party game. I think Kat adds diversity to the cast because or her charecter design and power set. Emmet graves would be interesting as a fighter but I can't see him differentiating from shooters enough. 

Well it seems the general concensous is that people want Kat, but I still don't see why. Smash Bros didn't bring any characters frin games that just came out, it just doesn't feel right. They did however bring an Electroplankton stage and that felt unfitting and was one of the worst stages. 

Emmet would not be just another shooter. He would have a way cooler attack base than kat, he could drop walls to block people, drop turrets that shoot people, use the hover bike like wario's motorcycle and use his arsenal of weapons as well. His level 1 could be a multiplayer spawn pod falling in front of his, his level 2 could be an anti-air turret spawning and him shooting it like Nariko's canon and his 3 would obviously be a warhawk spawning and his blowing the crap out of everything. But despite how awesome he would be, if they want to properly make this game how it should be, he should not have a spot over all the characters who were on PS2 and PS1.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 86 (213 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
987 posts

Sep 20, 2012
Kat is NOT iconic. But she's adorable, funny, has a great moveset potential and the only game she is in is MIND BLOWINGLY good. Its bloody amazing.

Gravity Rush is NOT the last we'll hear of Kat
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 86 (212 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Shadowrave25 wrote:

Really? just... really? this game is meant to represent all eras of Sony from the first all the way up to the very present. I think you`re just hating on Kat because shes popular and well requested. You think we only want her in because shes good looking? lol how simple minded are you? try and do your research on her. She has awesome abilities and would be a unqiue inclusion to the roster, in addition shes a Vita rep.

Wow, how dumb are you? Grow up and try to have a logical conversation. If I was hating on her because she was popular and well requested, I wouldn't still want characters like Crash, Spyro, Snake, Cloud and Wander, think man. It doesn't matter how awesome she is in her game, a game representing Sony as a whole shouldn't use games that came out late in the game itself's development, it just doesn't seem fitting. The problem with using modern and future eras of playstation is that they haven't proven themself, just as New Dante hasn't.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 86 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Sep 20, 2012

YogurtStorm wrote:
Kat is NOT iconic. But she's adorable, funny, has a great moveset potential and the only game she is in is MIND BLOWINGLY good. Its bloody amazing.

Gravity Rush is NOT the last we'll hear of Kat

Thanks for that respone, Kudos for some level of maturity. 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 86 (200 Views)