Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Re: Wait...could story mode involve accurate cut-scenes?!

Nov 4, 2012
I hope they dont make them say generic stuff or something..Hope it's not bad corny. Good corny is alright, but bad corny..that stuff is way past expired...
--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Message 11 of 17 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Nov 4, 2012

I was thinking this same thing for Sly, before each heist in his game he does like a run-down of the villian's history/back story before the level starts, and I thought it'd be good fun if he did that for his rival :smileyhappy:

(If you've played inFamous but not Sly, they're the same creators, and thus very similar cut-scenes, with the way Cole introduces the bad guys and all.)

Message 12 of 17 (119 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1620 posts

Nov 4, 2012

I think it'd certainly be interesting, although would be difficult to implement for some characters, I imagine.

Like, how would Big Daddy work? Bioshock doesn't really have cutscenes, just set pieces that happen to advance the plot around the player. And getting Nathan Drake's scenes accurate to his games would most likely involve hiring ND's mo-cap studio which may be a bit much :smileytongue:

Although I like the Sly, Cole and Parappa suggestions that have come up elsewhere. I've actually thought of Parappa's scenes being like his games already, with him meeting opponents, wondering how to defeat them and then saying "I know! I gotta believe!" and then the match starts.

Me, I just want Stephen Fry to narrate Sackboy's story. Not helped by the fact that I always read his quote on the All-Stars page in Fry's voice everytime I see it D:

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Dante
Message 13 of 17 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Nov 4, 2012

Naaaaah man, generic blue room FTW

Message 14 of 17 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Nov 4, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

I think it'd certainly be interesting, although would be difficult to implement for some characters, I imagine.

Like, how would Big Daddy work? Bioshock doesn't really have cutscenes, just set pieces that happen to advance the plot around the player. And getting Nathan Drake's scenes accurate to his games would most likely involve hiring ND's mo-cap studio which may be a bit much :smileytongue:

Although I like the Sly, Cole and Parappa suggestions that have come up elsewhere. I've actually thought of Parappa's scenes being like his games already, with him meeting opponents, wondering how to defeat them and then saying "I know! I gotta believe!" and then the match starts.

Me, I just want Stephen Fry to narrate Sackboy's story. Not helped by the fact that I always read his quote on the All-Stars page in Fry's voice everytime I see it D:

They would make cutscene like they would for anyone else. Like stated before the cutscenes arent ripped. That wouldnt even make sense because allstars has its own story. Its just the idea of them using the same style of cutscenes. Not just that but a blend of other cutscenes in the "rival" cutscene style.

- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Message 15 of 17 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1620 posts

Nov 4, 2012

Subtenko wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

They would make cutscene like they would for anyone else. Like stated before the cutscenes arent ripped. That wouldnt even make sense because allstars has its own story. Its just the idea of them using the same style of cutscenes. Not just that but a blend of other cutscenes in the "rival" cutscene style.

I knew what you meant. I wasn't saying they would be copy-pasting all the cutscenes over, that'd be silly! Just saying that not all characters would have easily implemented cutscene styles. Big Daddy wouldn't be able to have cutscenes in the style of Bioshock since Bioshock didn't really HAVE cutscenes; much of the story was told through radio messages.

Although having said all that, I do realise it'd be possible to do an intro video for BD in the style of the "I AM ANDREW RYAN" video in the Bathysphere at the start of the game, so disregard everything I said :smileytongue:

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Dante
Message 16 of 17 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Nov 4, 2012
^ The possibilities are endless. Lets hope they all thought long enough to pick the best one they think would amaze us

Message 17 of 17 (58 Views)
0 Likes