Feb 22 2013
By: Bardonic I Only Post Everything 1031 posts

Wait. Was Raiden nerfed?!

6 replies 316 views Edited Feb 22, 2013

Originally when his side triangle hits an opponent in the air, he would be able to follow up with his normal square combo. Now it will always knock the opponent straight down to the ground. Also if you hit someone when they were on the ground, the would usually(almost always) get knocked up into the air so you could follow up with your square combo again. Now when I do this. It only works about 2 of the 5 times I do it. It looks like now you have to hit them in the right spot to follow up with A combo now.

Also his up square in the air doesn't bring him up as high as it usually did. I noticed this in the ape escape stage because while I was in A battle I done A double jump then my up square to get to the highest platform, and I only slightly made it up. Originally I was able to get up with with ease. 

So can anyone know if Raiden really was nerfed? Did they talk about it before?

photo raiden_sig_by_ssneakzz-d3aowkq_zpsc98e26c1.png

RP as Raiden
#PSASBR2
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (316 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2302 posts

Re: Wait. Was Raiden nerfed?!

Feb 22, 2013
It probably wasn't a nerf, just a glitch due to kats addition..
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (308 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

I main raiden for a while now and I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. 

For the triangle-forward while in air, you always needed to hit the opponent at a certain angle (if he's on the ground because it always put the opponent down if he is in the air) to be able to do a square combo after (or any other combo you're doing... The angle changes with the combo (for me)). I didn't notice anything changed with the square-up, but doing square-up never made me jump, clicking X quickly after does.

Maybe when the game came out it was different but I've been playing him since before the kat/emmeth patch and nothing changed for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Feb 22, 2013

For things like up square and anything thats not square, forward square, or forward circle, or forward triangle, nobody will ever know if it was nerfed because not a single raiden in existance has ever used any of those moves

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Feb 22, 2013

I have noticed my single jump-up square followed by double jump-up square landing with less consistency.

That side triangle thing has always been that way for me. So if you were able to initiate mid air combos after landing a side triangle on mid air opponents previously... I'm jealous. Past-tense or not.

Get your Portable ID!

-Psasbr's best kept secret-
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (207 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Feb 22, 2013

AzurewrathXI wrote:

For things like up square and anything thats not square, forward square, or forward circle, or forward triangle, nobody will ever know if it was nerfed because not a single raiden in existance has ever used any of those moves

I main Raiden and use all of Raiden's Triangle moves. I almost never use his circle moves though. They are just... ugh...

photo raiden_sig_by_ssneakzz-d3aowkq_zpsc98e26c1.png

RP as Raiden
#PSASBR2
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Maybe they just happened to jump and the game didn't make it appear as such? As far as I know they still bounce into the air when you hit a grounded target with that move

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (164 Views)
0 Likes