Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: Vs. Smash Bros

Oct 24, 2012
Meh, I just want the 'big four' to be added for fan service more then anything else - none of them ( save for Cloud maybe) would make for interesting characters in terms of playstyles, in my opinion atleast.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 31 of 55 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Oct 24, 2012
CutiePatutiee, that is not true at all. Yes, it would be awesome if they were included, but, and I'm getting sick and tired of saying this over and over, Super Smash Bros. 64 had less characters than PlayStation All-Stars. Some of those characters were not expected in that game. (Jigglypuff? Really?) Yet the game still stood a chance. This game has great characters in it already. Super Smash Bros. 64 was bashed just as much as PlayStation All-Stars is now because of the same reason: characters, yet Super Smash Bros. is one of the greatest series of all time. So this game has an even chance of being equal or better than Super Smash Bros.. So stop complaining about Crash, Cloud, Snake and Wander! This game is great without them, even though I myself want them in just as bad. Plus if you're comparing this to Super Smash Bros., I think you left out a few more games you have to compare PlayStation All-Stars to:

Battle Stadium D.O.N
Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3
Dragonball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team
Message 32 of 55 (93 Views)
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

PSASBR vs Any Smash Other than SSB1 is an unfair comparison when it comes to roster size.  It's highly suggested that roster vs roster is left out until PSASBR 3 or 2 but for now.  The roster count should always be Original All-Stars vs Original SSB since the original has to get its engine down before it works on roster size.

PSASBR has clones just like SSB. It's kind of sad really. Two Coles? Honestly...

Message 33 of 55 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 24, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Meh, I just want the 'big four' to be added for fan service more then anything else - none of them ( save for Cloud maybe) would make for interesting characters in terms of playstyles, in my opinion atleast.

Any character can be interesting in terms of playstyles. I mean Parappa? They did pretty good with him for what I've seen.

It all depends from the creativity of the developer.

Message 34 of 55 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Two coles isn't a clone because they play completely different, and I bet that if you remove the clones from SSBB, it would have less than 20 characters.
Message 35 of 55 (82 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 24, 2012
The two Coles is 'clones' done right - they play distinctly differently and truely represent their character instead of just being a reskin. Ofcourse from your comment it seems all you've done is simply look at a picture of the two...if that.
Message 36 of 55 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 24, 2012
True Rex, but I guess I'd have to see that before getting excited.
Message 37 of 55 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 24, 2012

miamiheatowns wrote:
Two coles isn't a clone because they play completely different, and I bet that if you remove the clones from SSBB, it would have less than 20 characters.

That isn't true. Starting by the fact that there are no such things as "clones", but still... The characters considered clones are Falco, Wolf, Ganondorf, Lucas, Toon Link and by some, Luigi (he's very different from Mario though). Counting all the transformations, they're five/six out of 39 characters playable in Brawl. Take them off and Brawl still has almost double the cast of PSABR...

Message 38 of 55 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Saying 2 Cole's is a waste of space is like saying having the Mario Bros. is a waste of space... Or the Ice Climbers...
Message 39 of 55 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 24, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
True Rex, but I guess I'd have to see that before getting excited.

Well Crash, Spyro, Snake, Wander, Lara Croft, for example, would be incredibly easy to make, playstyle talking. C'mon don't tell me you can't imagine a character like Crash working, he would the easiest of all.

Message 40 of 55 (70 Views)
0 Likes