Oct 24 2012
By: saute9 Monster Hunter 33 posts

Vs. Smash Bros

54 replies 432 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

I think this game will be better than smash bros, there's so much more fan service and the characters and stages are much more in depth but no matter what, people will say smash bros is better because it's been around longer and it's shown improvement. I played the demo for all-stars at best buy with one of my friends and after 1 minute of playing he described the game by saying "it's like super smash bros but with less characters and it's not nearly as good." People are just ignorant when it comes to the games they play.

Message 1 of 55 (432 Views)
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Re: Vs. Smash Bros

Oct 24, 2012
Can we stop making vs smash bros threads?. People will like smash bros over this can and vise versa.
Message 2 of 55 (429 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Oct 24, 2012

saute9 wrote:

I think this game will be better than smash bros, there's so much more fan service and the characters and stages are much more in depth but no matter what, people will say smash bros is better because it's been around longer and it's shown improvement. I played the demo for all-stars at best buy with one of my friends and after 1 minute of playing he described the game by saying "it's like super smash bros but with less characters and it's not nearly as good." People are just ignorant when it comes to the games they play.

The game is better? That is upon you. Someone people will prefer one another. Fan Service of the characters? I wanted King Dedede in SSBB, what'd I got? King Dedede. They did fan service as well as every character got a favorite out of people. I agree with the stages. The mash-up is what got it interesting SSBB just had lots of stages, so I put them equal in my book.

Yes, SSB has been around longer & it did show some kind of improvement. But when SSBB came, there was another group of audience who still prefer SSBM than SSBB. So, half-improvement on that part. But remember that PS All-Stars is not even out, and this is just a Beta. Imagine if this was actual Online. It'd be bad but at least not as horrible as SSBB's Lag (still, SSBB Online managed well without Lag). Sure, you tried it out at Best Buy. But that's not the whole experience since you can't always play it.

Ignore what that person said, it's just one sentence without explaining it in detail & from a Best Buy Demo..... not the disc. I tend to enjoy the Beta & found it a great experience than playing SSBB.

Yet... don't go to conclusions & wait till November..... in which then you can versus the franchises..... even though it's pointless.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 3 of 55 (406 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Oct 24, 2012
I'm much more interested in PSASBR against SSB4 than brawl. By then Smash will have HD graphics and Royale will hopefully have a huge roster with DLC and all its fighters evened out. Comparing it now is useless.
Message 4 of 55 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Oct 24, 2012
The ONLY reason King DeDeDe is in Brawl is because he got scraped from the original Super Smash Bros.. Same reason why Sanke is on Brawl. Hideo Kojima begge the developer of Super Smash Bros. to put Snake in Melee, but the roster was full, so they put him on Brawl... You got those two characters by default, not by fan service...
Message 5 of 55 (371 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 24, 2012

PSASBR vs Any Smash Other than SSB1 is an unfair comparison when it comes to roster size.  It's highly suggested that roster vs roster is left out until PSASBR 3 or 2 but for now.  The roster count should always be Original All-Stars vs Original SSB since the original has to get its engine down before it works on roster size.

Message 6 of 55 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Ndukauba wrote:
The ONLY reason King DeDeDe is in Brawl is because he got scraped from the original Super Smash Bros.. Same reason why Sanke is on Brawl. Hideo Kojima begge the developer of Super Smash Bros. to put Snake in Melee, but the roster was full, so they put him on Brawl... You got those two characters by default, not by fan service...

I totally whooped **bleep** with Dedede, and Bowser for that matter. Something about the slower character's sheer force draws me to them.

Message 7 of 55 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

PSASBR vs Any Smash Other than SSB1 is an unfair comparison when it comes to roster size.  It's highly suggested that roster vs roster is left out until PSASBR 3 or 2 but for now.  The roster count should always be Original All-Stars vs Original SSB since the original has to get its engine down before it works on roster size.

this.

Message 8 of 55 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

Oct 24, 2012

It's a question of opinion.. Those who like it, like it and those who don't like it, don like it.. It's very simple Smiley Happy

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 9 of 55 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

That's not really a fair comparison either. Smash 1 was running on VERY old technology, and All-Stars has an almost infinite amount of PS resorces at its disposal. That's like comparing Doom 1 (1991) and Doom 3 (2004). Of course Doom 3 will come out on top in terms of gameplay, content, etc. Stop trying to boost up All-Stars by unfairly comparing it to severly outdate tech of the N64 - 2 console gens ago

Message 10 of 55 (318 Views)