Sep 24 2012
By: this_is_Marko Gaming Beast 2075 posts

Voice Actor Question

[ Edited ]
19 replies 381 views Edited Sep 24, 2012

I've been hearing a lot of people are dissatisfied with Jak's voice actor (which is completely understandable if you grew up with him sounding different) and it got me thinking of a great hypothetical question.  The question is this:

If a character you really wanted could only be in PSASBR if they had a completely different voice actor, would you still want them in or would you rather they didn't show up at all?

For example, i really want big boss/solid snake but, if by some odd twist of fate david hayter was not available to do his voice, i don't think i would want snake in the game at all.  he just wouldn't be the snake anymore to me, at least not the one i grew up with.  I'm curious to see what your responses are.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 20 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Re: Voice Actor Question

Sep 24, 2012
David Hayter is the only Snake to me
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 2 of 20 (374 Views)
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Sep 24, 2012

what about characters that you love?  would you want them in the game if they had different voice actors or not at all?

Message 3 of 20 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Sep 24, 2012
id still like them in the game but if they dont have the right voice actor/actress id rather them not speak
because it just doesnt feel right when the wrong voice actor/actress is used
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 4 of 20 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Im a big ape escape fan though Spike never really had a permanent voice actor, so it doesn't really bug me unless they don't get the characters personality right.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 5 of 20 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
625 posts

Sep 24, 2012
It depends I guess. Like n0rmal94 said, some characters never had an official VA. Unless they sound true enough to the character it's alright. Not the case with Carmelita in the Sly Cooper games. Her VA was always different in each game and fans were dissapointed because she is important in the games and her voice isn't even good and it's really a shame.

Jak's VA change might have had reasons but what he sounds like now is not good. There's hope it's not official but they could have tried to find someone with the closest voice to the original.

The same is with Heihachi's voice. His original VA died and they needed a replacement for him in this game and the new Tekken game. Some Japanese players don't like the new voice. If the character has been voiced by someone for so long, it just feels wrong if they're changed or if the new VA didn't do a good job at it.
Message 6 of 20 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Where are people hearing Jak's voice for this game? From all the videos I have seen, I have only heard Daxter saying that "Locked and loaded baby" line.

But either way I haven't played a Jak and Daxter game yet, so I'm not totally familiar with his voice. The most I have heard is from watching cut scenes from PlayStation Move Heroes.

photo Deadpool_zpsa17e78d8.gif
Message 7 of 20 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Cloud wouldn't get replaced and I like my Crash Bandicoot voiceless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 20 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
552 posts

Sep 24, 2012
If david hayter wasn't the voice actor for snake, i would cry.
Message 9 of 20 (287 Views)
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Sep 24, 2012

mike1234flynn wrote:
If david hayter wasn't the voice actor for snake, i would cry.

my man

Message 10 of 20 (279 Views)