Highlighted
Jul 01 2012
By: Thirty3Three Treasure Hunter 5693 posts

Vita may lack 'some' characters that will be in the PS3 version (+ Link) (Message Corrected)

[ Edited ]
17 replies 464 views Edited Jul 1, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT-2X8APAdo&feature=related

somewhere in the middle of this video, I'll estimate from 10:00-15:00 minutes in, the GameSpot guy asked if both games will be the exact same, and have the same characters. Omar implied that the Vita or the Ps3 version may include characters that aren't in the other system.

If this is the case, then I hope it's like soul caliburt 2; in the respect that each version had the same amount of characters, they just made one character in each version a different character.

So yeah... 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 1 of 18 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Re: Vita may lack 'some' characters that will be in the PS3 version (+ Link) (Message Corrected)

Jul 1, 2012

Come on...

You've GOT to be kidding me...

I just hope it's nobody super-iconic, like crash or spyro Smiley Sad 

I sell propane and propane accessories, I tell you h'what.
Message 2 of 18 (449 Views)
Survivor
2590 posts

Re: Vita may lack 'some' characters that will be in the PS3 version (+ Link) (Message Corrected)

Jul 1, 2012

Ouch that might be a deal breaker for some people, including myself. The ps3 should be the full version that has everything in it no questions asked, also crossplay would be weird if they had two different rosters. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 3 of 18 (419 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Jul 1, 2012
I have heard numerous time that the vita version and the ps3 version will be the exact same. If any of the versions has more content it should be the ps3 since it's got more power and the game itself cost more
Photobucket
Message 4 of 18 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 1, 2012

yeah I just watched that whole video, he never really implied that the Vita version would be any different. For whatever reason the other guy seemed to think that meant something. I honestly think he was just trying to give as little info as possible untill necessary. My gut feeling is that they will both be the same version. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 5 of 18 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2012

EXACT GAME, Omar said no comment, rest of his crew in various other interviews said.

IT IS THE **bleep** EXACT GAME. Gamplay stages characters.

Dont couse panic weeks after the e3. .  srls xD

--------------------------------

I give you Kudos for real Money --- pm me. . . . .
Message 6 of 18 (385 Views)
Wastelander
557 posts

Jul 1, 2012

if it is, you can probably get all the characters if you own the vita version and ps3 version

Message 7 of 18 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 2, 2012

It'll be the same version, however when DLC comes into play that might be where the two versions differ.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 8 of 18 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Jul 2, 2012

Im pretty positive that i heard one of the workers at Superbot mention that the gameplay will be identical, you wont be able to tell the difference between the PS3 game and the VITA game.
Im hoping this idea stays strong Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 18 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Jul 2, 2012

I would have believed this to be true, but since you can play PS3 players, who could be using these hypothetical bonus characters, then the characters would be on the game regardless.

Stages maybe.

Message 10 of 18 (260 Views)
0 Likes