Highlighted
Nov 20 2012
By: J3wFro270 First Son 3 posts

Vita GAMESTOP pre-order costume bonus

2 replies 408 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

Pre-ordered the vita version from gamestop. I get home and type in the costume code into the playstation store, the code redeems but it says "cannot download on vita". Is there a reason for this? Is it ps3 only costumes? (i do not have a ps3) And if they are for the vita, how would i get the costumes to the vita without a ps3? Thank you

Message 1 of 3 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Re: Vita GAMESTOP pre-order costume bonus

Nov 20, 2012
I think you should wait till the store updates as people have been saying that they can download the game on ps3 but doesn't let you with costumes, another alternate is to ring gamestop and make sure they gave you a code that was capable with the vita (may of gave you a ps3 code by mistake)
Message 2 of 3 (375 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Vita GAMESTOP pre-order costume bonus

Nov 21, 2012

I had the same problem.  Was enticed to preorder this game based on the pre-order bonus content.  Picked it up last night, entered the code and the PS store replies that the content cannot be downloaded with a PS Vita system.  Submitted a ticket to GameStop support via their website last night and this morning had a reply explaining that the bonus content is only compatible with the PS3 and not the Vita.  The store clerk who told me about the pre-order bonus did not explain this detail.  And it really doesn't make sense - 1.  Why offer a pre-order bonus for the Vita version that Vita owners cannot use (unless they also have a PS3)?  2.  Why would I buy the Vita hard copy if I have a PS3 since the Vita version comes free as a download with the PS3 disc version?

The game itself is fantastic, but this is the 2nd code I've gotten from a GameStop receipt for Vita content that didn't work on the PSN store.  The first was the Little Big Planet Vita online pass.  But it was a used copy and the online pass in the case hadn't been redeemed, so I was still able to get one.

I've always enjoyed the atmosphere at GameStop, but I'm no longer very impressed and have plenty of other retail options, so will probably begin to exercise those.

Message 3 of 3 (252 Views)
0 Likes