Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 06 2012
By: Deepercutt First Son 8 posts

Vibri from Vib Ribbon Character Request and Moveset Ideas

[ Edited ]
11 replies 554 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

Hello, just a fellow lurker here. I wanted to just stop by and make a suggestion for a character I would like to see appear in this game.

Obscure-Characters-1041428HNC.jpg

Vibri from the Japanese/European PS1 game Vib Ribbon.

Who is Vibri?

Vibri is the star of Vib Ribbon, a musical style rhythm game developed by Masaya Matsuura and NanaOn-Sha (Who also worked on the Parappa The Rapper series). In the game Vibri would run along a series of lines in sync to the background music that was playing, the game would generate obstacles that Vibri would have to get around without making too many mistakes. The game was unique since you could load any song you like into the game by using music disc CD's.

Vibri also starred in a PS2 direct sequel called Vib Ripple. Which was a completely different style of game featuring digital images. Here she would jump on photographs (Which could also be customized for the players liking) like a trampoline and gather up objects in a certain amount of time.

Both of her games were only in Japan, with exception of the first game being ported to Europe.

Why would she make a good addition to Playstation Allstars Battle Royale?

I feel that she would make a great addition, her inclusion benefits the game in every way.

-She is a first party character and a classic PS1 rep.
    -She counts as a female rep and can be grouped along with the other female characters like Nariko and Fat Princess.
    -She is just an overall bizarre and non-serious looking character, which stands out amongst the more serious more realistic looking characters like Kratos and Sweet Tooth.

She would make the perfect obscure oddball character for this game, a much more light hearted humorous character but with such a bizarre nature.

What would be her Moveset and Animations be?

General attacks, In her game she is able to perform a roll, twirl, dive, skip, backflip, and jump. A lot of these can easily be applied to the character and be made into basic attacks.

Walking animation, it would be her traditional skipping and frolicking animation.

Spoiler
vibrun.gif

Roll, Possibly a move where she can roll into an opponent after running towards them.

Spoiler

Kick, Her legs can extend tall enough to perform a powerful kick.

Spoiler
vibkick.gif

Foot Stomp, her legs extend once more to deliver a powerful stomp to the opponents foot.

Spoiler
vibstomp.gif

Leapfrog, a possible reversal counter move where she can "grab" the player and leap behind them, which can be followed up with an attack if she is quick enough.

Spoiler
vibcounter.gif

Backflip, She performs a backflip kick that can launch opponents upward.

Spoiler

Victory animation, Sparkle Sparkle Vibri is Happy!

Spoiler
vibwin1.gif

What would her Supers be?

Level 1: Symbols, she claps her symbols from Vib Ripple and creates a mini shockwave at close range (Can get up to 2 kills if close enough)

Spoiler
0060.jpg

Level 2: Jumping Frenzy, Vibri begins to hop around the stage like a giant trampoline. The player can control where she goes as they have to attempt to land on the players, she creates a shockwave everytime her feet hit the ground, killing anyone who comes in contact with it.

Spoiler
Around 1:48

Level 3: Going Gold, Vibri turns into her Fairy Princess/Angel form and warps everyone to her world. She then proceeds to run on her line and get a "perfect" on her stage. While this is going on all opponents are stumbling behind her and are being hit by all of the obstacles (which would be a generally funny sight to see). This sequence ends as a screen clearing Super.

Spoiler
Around: 0:30

That's only to name a few ideas, I believe this character has a lot of potential and should actually be considered some day. Heck, maybe someday she can appear over the states if she gets enough support!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (554 Views)
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Re: Vibri from Vib Ribbon Character Request and Moveset

Oct 6, 2012
Who?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I love vibri.

It never came out in america. Only Europe and Japan.
From the creator of parappa the rapper, a music game you could put your own music.
ハマり度MAX!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Oct 6, 2012
BTDubs, is this the real Deepercutt? The famous youtube pooper?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (530 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re:

Oct 6, 2012

Yeah sorry about that one guys, the thread idea I was going to post was unfinished. I accidentally posted it before I had all of my information up. : /

Sorry about that guys, I'll be sure to post the real thing once it's finished.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (522 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Re:

Oct 6, 2012

Okay fixed, topic is now pretty much finished.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Re: Vibri from Vib Ribbon Character Request and Moveset Ideas

Oct 6, 2012

I've secretly hoped for this character to make a sudden appearance... I know she's not likely to be in the game at all, but we can hope! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Hopefully they do something that shows the history of sony's owned franchises. Some form of timeline or list to at least see that some of the more obscure franchises get acknowledged.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (418 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 6, 2012

TehWeirdDude wrote:

I've secretly hoped for this character to make a sudden appearance... I know she's not likely to be in the game at all, but we can hope! :smileyhappy:

Hehe, yeah. I'm sure her chances of being referenced in this game are highly unlikely. But I think if we give her enough support maybe we can see her appear in the future. Whether it's DLC or maybe a future sequel, I'm sure if we give her more attention now it will increase her chances later.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7258 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Vibri is awesome! Kudos,also,I love your youtube poop,NO MORE SHENMUE :smileyvery-happy:

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii483/Toro_Inoue/Toro_Inoue001/BeFunky_SuperPipo_zps41db4094jpg_zpsacddeaca.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (361 Views)
0 Likes