Re: Very sad and disappointing: Roster disaster

Dec 22, 2012

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:
Kat isn't important to PS

Are you serious? She's pretty much the #1 reason you should buy a Vita, and one of the best Vita games right now.

But that doesn;t mean she's iconic to PlayStation, which she isn't, at least yet.

Exactly, this game is about PlayStation's future too, not just the past.

This game is about celebration of PlayStation, PlayStation icons. Kat and Gravity Rush simply aren't as of right this exact second. Maybe later on they will be, we don't know. Also, there is absoliutely nothing wrong with non iconic characters being in the game, as many can be in the game but it's wrong when so many iconic characters aren't in the game but non iconic characters are. See what I'm saying?

That's just it, they can't get those iconic characters because they don't belong to Sony and their IP holders don't want to have them here, does that mean SB should stop adding more PlayStation characters because they're not as popular? Of course not, there's nothing they can do about it and we should take what we can get.

Please use plain text.
Message 121 of 146 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:
I am not really following you. You name a buch of random ps1 characters that most people on this forum haven't heard of and possibly the majority and most people don't even ask for these characters, then say Kat is unimportant? Do you even know what she did? She actually did something for the playstation, not a lot could be said about the other characters you said. Third party yes they are very important, but most important first party is already represented in this game. Only a few first party that people actaully recognize are missing, like Dart, Team Ico said no to having their reps, and resistance is represented in this game. Most of the characters you want are not exactly the easiest to get, or their ips are dead like Tomba.

They aren't random, theya re actually important to PS, not all are PS1 games and just because some people on this forums hasn't heard of them or outside the forum doesn't mean they aren't important to PS.

Kat isn't important to PS, why would she be right now? If you don't know why the other games are important to PS do your research, it would take far too long to tell you why. Just because no new Tomba games have been released doesn't mean it cant be included in the game or it isn't important, it's impoirtant to PS, is 1st party and can be in the game. And where;s the source that says Team ICO said no?

I am still not following you here. Maybe you should do your research and know what Kat has done, she did more for the playstation than lets say the jumping flash did. Do you know what a dead ip is? Yes Tomba is first party but his ip is dead. Where team ICO said no was somewhere on the ps blog when Omar Kendall was explaining the 2 Coles and someone asked a question about Team Ico and he replied saying Team Ico said no. I don't really feel like looking for it, but I have seen your arguement over 1000 times already. The fact people are still talking about this a month after the game comes out is what really baffles me.

My friend, Kat is not a PlayStation icon, Gravity Rush isn't iconic for PlayStation, that's what Smash Bros and PS All Stars is about. Jumping Flash is iconic. Sales do not equal iconic.

Unless, proven otherwise, first party games inclusions depending on the devs and not Sony can't be believed because it doesn't make any sense that Sony owns the franchise but not the characters which are part of the franchise.

Also, people are still doing this because we are actual PlayStation fans, we want this game which is a celebration of PlayStation, it's PlayStation tradition to be true and not SELL OUT like it's currently doing.

I'm both a Nintendo and PlayStation fan, when I play Smash Bros, from the 1st one all the way to Brawl I get a really good feeling, the game is actually a celebration of Nintendo, it's actually about Nintendo tradition, they stay true to that. They stay true to Nintendo icons, you see that everywhere in their games, from the intro to end to all the little things about the games.

Yet you still keep saying that Kat isn't important, when you are the only one that thinks so. Fun fact: Did you know Smash Bros Melee came out before Roy's game came out in Japan? How exactly is he iconic to Nintendo then, a lot less than Kat is, who you don't even have a good arguement against. And do I really need to search the web and find a link for something that everyone knows about but you and only you?

What are you talking about? Kat and Gravity Rush aren't iconic to PlayStation, that's a simple fact.

Like myself and others have said before, it's okay having non iconic characters in the game as long as all or at least most of the iconic characters are in the game. Smash Bros has had all the iconic characters before the inclusion of any non iconic characters.

She is iconic to the vita though, which is Playstation. She is also the VIta's mascot, and Japan's #1 game of the year. Sure the vita isn't as popular as the psp or ps3, but she was probably besides a Resistance rep and Dart the most requested character in the entire game, also considering who Japan wanted where Playstation is the biggest there I would say she is pretty iconic, despite being new, which is the only arguement against her.

Hmm, if it's true that Kat/Gravity Rush is iconic to PSVita than maybe that changes the things on Kat. Yeah, seems like it does. Great job sir.

But I do have to say, again, this game is about celebration of PlayStation and PlayStation icons, and that's who has to be in the game, it doesn't matter whether it's one of the most requested or not, icons have to be priorities and after the icons are in the game than the non icons can be in the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 122 of 146 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Dec 22, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

Are you serious? She's pretty much the #1 reason you should buy a Vita, and one of the best Vita games right now.

But that doesn;t mean she's iconic to PlayStation, which she isn't, at least yet.

This game is about celebration of PlayStation, PlayStation icons. Kat and Gravity Rush simply aren't as of right this exact second. Maybe later on they will be, we don't know. Also, there is absoliutely nothing wrong with non iconic characters being in the game, as many can be in the game but it's wrong when so many iconic characters aren't in the game but non iconic characters are. See what I'm saying?

That's just it, they can't get those iconic characters because they don't belong to Sony and their IP holders don't want to have them here, does that mean SB should stop adding more PlayStation characters because they're not as popular? Of course not, there's nothing they can do about it and we should take what we can get.

A 3rd party dev/pub not wanting a game included in this game and that's the reason why they are not in the game is completely understandable, but there is no excuse on 1st party games unless it's proven that on some or all 1st party games, the inclusion depends on the devs and not Sony.

If Sony decides on 1st party games than all the iconic 1st party characters that aren't in this game yet aren't in the game or ven announced but non iconic characters like Big Daddy, new Dante, Rising Raiden, Fat Princess and Emmet are in the game, that's wrong. Plain and simple and it's done because greedyness and not acualy about celebrating PlayStation, PlayStation icons like it's suppse to be and how Sony/SB said it is.

Please use plain text.
Message 123 of 146 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Guys do you reckon crash and spyro are iconic anymore? There are to me but most people under 20 don't even know who they are. The most they say they never heard of crash and spyro they say skylanders

Don't get me wrong they are a big part of my gaming life still to this day (bought syro trilogy) and did fantastic but are they actually still THAT iconic to the new generation???

Just a down to earth comment.
To a gamer of the new generation snake, kat and even big daddy could be more iconic.

Love crash + spyro but glad universal stole them because insomniac and naughty dog gave birth to jak and ratchet (which am thankful for as there amazing franchises) and thankful they could be put in this game
Please use plain text.
Message 124 of 146 (141 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6372 posts

Dec 22, 2012

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:
I am not really following you. You name a buch of random ps1 characters that most people on this forum haven't heard of and possibly the majority and most people don't even ask for these characters, then say Kat is unimportant? Do you even know what she did? She actually did something for the playstation, not a lot could be said about the other characters you said. Third party yes they are very important, but most important first party is already represented in this game. Only a few first party that people actaully recognize are missing, like Dart, Team Ico said no to having their reps, and resistance is represented in this game. Most of the characters you want are not exactly the easiest to get, or their ips are dead like Tomba.

They aren't random, theya re actually important to PS, not all are PS1 games and just because some people on this forums hasn't heard of them or outside the forum doesn't mean they aren't important to PS.

Kat isn't important to PS, why would she be right now? If you don't know why the other games are important to PS do your research, it would take far too long to tell you why. Just because no new Tomba games have been released doesn't mean it cant be included in the game or it isn't important, it's impoirtant to PS, is 1st party and can be in the game. And where;s the source that says Team ICO said no?

I am still not following you here. Maybe you should do your research and know what Kat has done, she did more for the playstation than lets say the jumping flash did. Do you know what a dead ip is? Yes Tomba is first party but his ip is dead. Where team ICO said no was somewhere on the ps blog when Omar Kendall was explaining the 2 Coles and someone asked a question about Team Ico and he replied saying Team Ico said no. I don't really feel like looking for it, but I have seen your arguement over 1000 times already. The fact people are still talking about this a month after the game comes out is what really baffles me.

My friend, Kat is not a PlayStation icon, Gravity Rush isn't iconic for PlayStation, that's what Smash Bros and PS All Stars is about. Jumping Flash is iconic. Sales do not equal iconic.

Unless, proven otherwise, first party games inclusions depending on the devs and not Sony can't be believed because it doesn't make any sense that Sony owns the franchise but not the characters which are part of the franchise.

Also, people are still doing this because we are actual PlayStation fans, we want this game which is a celebration of PlayStation, it's PlayStation tradition to be true and not SELL OUT like it's currently doing.

I'm both a Nintendo and PlayStation fan, when I play Smash Bros, from the 1st one all the way to Brawl I get a really good feeling, the game is actually a celebration of Nintendo, it's actually about Nintendo tradition, they stay true to that. They stay true to Nintendo icons, you see that everywhere in their games, from the intro to end to all the little things about the games.

Yet you still keep saying that Kat isn't important, when you are the only one that thinks so. Fun fact: Did you know Smash Bros Melee came out before Roy's game came out in Japan? How exactly is he iconic to Nintendo then, a lot less than Kat is, who you don't even have a good arguement against. And do I really need to search the web and find a link for something that everyone knows about but you and only you?

What are you talking about? Kat and Gravity Rush aren't iconic to PlayStation, that's a simple fact.

Like myself and others have said before, it's okay having non iconic characters in the game as long as all or at least most of the iconic characters are in the game. Smash Bros has had all the iconic characters before the inclusion of any non iconic characters.

She is iconic to the vita though, which is Playstation. She is also the VIta's mascot, and Japan's #1 game of the year. Sure the vita isn't as popular as the psp or ps3, but she was probably besides a Resistance rep and Dart the most requested character in the entire game, also considering who Japan wanted where Playstation is the biggest there I would say she is pretty iconic, despite being new, which is the only arguement against her.

Hmm, if it's true that Kat/Gravity Rush is iconic to PSVita than maybe that changes the things on Kat. Yeah, seems like it does. Great job sir(?).

But I do have to say, again, this game is about celebration of PlayStation and PlayStation icons, and that's who has to be in the game, it doesn't matter whether it's one of the most requested or not, icons have to be priorities and after the icons are in the game than the non icons can be in the game.

Well glad you finally opened your eyes about Kat. Anyways about other ps inclusions a lot of the ips are dead, so obtaining the rights aren't exactly the easiest thing to do. Playstation has so much going for it in its history that it is almost impossible to get everything in the first game.

Please use plain text.
Message 125 of 146 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6372 posts

Dec 22, 2012

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

A 3rd party dev/pub not wanting a game included in this game and that's the reason why they are not in the game is completely understandable, but there is no excuse on 1st party games unless it's proven that on some or all 1st party games, the inclusion depends on the devs and not Sony.

If Sony decides on 1st party games than all the iconic 1st party characters that aren't in this game yet aren't in the game or ven announced but non iconic characters like Big Daddy, new Dante, Rising Raiden, Fat Princess and Emmet are in the game, that's wrong. Plain and simple and it's done because greedyness and not acualy about celebrating PlayStation, PlayStation icons like it's suppse to be and how Sony/SB said it is.

Oh yeah forgot about Emmett. He represents Starhawk, which is the sequel to warhawk, which is iconic to playstation. Since Warhawk has no good characters to use, they went with Emmett.

Big Daddy isn't iconic though. Dante is iconic to Playstation, but when they asked for him, Capcom only allowed for New Dante, since Capcom is trying to push New Dante as the regular Dante (LIke what they do with all the Megaman reboots). Rising Raiden isn't iconic, but his series is. As for Fat Princess, I really have nothing for her except that she helped pushed psn greatly around the ps3's early years.

Please use plain text.
Message 126 of 146 (135 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

Ok, seriously?  How many times does this have to be said?  Many people that have been active on this forum much longer than you (myself being one of those people) have heard from Omar Kendall himself in interviews that they had to specifically talk to individual IP holders to use their characters in PSASBR.  We have been following this game since almost its announcement and I had watched every developer interview up until release.  Us forumers specifically remember the interview where Omar revealed this information.  He even gave an example of how they had to specifically ask Santa Monica Studios if they could use Kratos, and Sucker Punch Productions if they could use Cole.  He even revealed that they were initially going to have a Cole MacGrath that changed his moveset as the match went on to become either Hero Cole or Evil Cole depending on your playstyle, but Sucker Punch said that they could only use Cole MacGrath if he was two separate characters.  The consensus even believes that the reason why the Resistance franchise has so much content but no playable character is because Insomniac themselves didn't want a character to represent their franchise in the game.  Sony Computer Entertainment cannot veto these choices by the individual IP holders.  I can't believe you're forcing us to find proof, but I will find this evidence if it finally makes you to shut up.

tl;dr  Many of us have been active on this forum longer than you and we know as a fact that SuperBot needs permission from the individual IP holders to use every single character in the game.

EDIT:  I found the interview.  Start watching around the 3:27 mark:

To the OP: please listen to what Omar Kendall, the director of PSASBR, has to say about character inclusions in this interview.  Spoiler alert: he states that it is up to each individual IP holder, even those that are part of Sony, whether or not their characters are included in the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 127 of 146 (106 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1516 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Roster sucks but the game is fun otherwise

Please use plain text.
Message 128 of 146 (93 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 22, 2012
i half agree with math,
the game is a ton of fun, but i don't care about the roster,

and music, i knew that Omar said that the chars are up to the the devs, not Sony, but man, i never knew there was a video of it, nice one!
Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 129 of 146 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

Dec 22, 2012

I still wanna Scorpion dude...

Kratos appears in mk9, so thats make a "possible" existance...

just sayng...

Please use plain text.
Message 130 of 146 (59 Views)
0 Likes