Reply
Splicer
Registered: 02/21/2007
Offline
65 posts
 

Re: Very sad and disappointing: Roster disaster

Dec 21, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:


As for calling an AC rep or MK rep's inclusion out, both are franchises that have recently (or previously) been associated with the Playstation brand via exclusive content, definitive versions of their games or a new game altogether exclusive to the platform - their inclusions are justified.

Just because some games have exclusive content means nothing, it doesn't automatically mean they are important to PlayStation.

Message 81 of 146 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/17/2012
Offline
2454 posts
 

Re: Very sad and disappointing: Roster disaster

Dec 21, 2012
here's a message to the owner of the form. Send Nintendo a message and tell them to put in ssb every single Pokemon possible in the next game. There all important to Pokemon and Nintendo so why not and they all certainly play different and they don't just pick one character to represent the franchise as they have had a load.

Why didn't they do that? Oh yeah quality over quantity
Message 82 of 146 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/21/2007
Offline
65 posts
 

Re: Very sad and disappointing: Roster disaster

Dec 21, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:


Yes Mortal Kombat is NOT as important to the Playstation as Crash, Spyro, Cloud etc. but to say that there should not be a Mortal Kombat rep. at all because Crash/Spyro is not included just shows you are a blatant fanboy that wants names for the sake of having names and not because the characters will play out well and fit in this game.

 

I cannot think of any other character that will fit as well as a Mortal Kombat rep (or Street Fighter) because guess what, it is already a fighting game, all they need to do is tone down the violence and think up of a few super attacks.

 

Quite frankly, I'm thankful they are releasing DLC at all. I love that they have included Starhawk and not an obscure PS1 rep.

 

Also, this may be the ONLY opportunity to ever see MK vs SF vs Tekken. I would also love to see an AC rep and Prince of Persia. Heck even Rayman.

 

 


If a third party character isn't included it's understandable, but not when a first party character isn't included. That's the thing, there's no problem with having a MK character in the game as a guest but not before actual important first party characters. It;s  not fanboy, it's just freaking common sense, OMG this is horrible.

Message 83 of 146 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/21/2007
Offline
65 posts
 

Re: Very sad and disappointing: Roster disaster

Dec 21, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:
I am not really following you. You name a buch of random ps1 characters that most people on this forum haven't heard of and possibly the majority and most people don't even ask for these characters, then say Kat is unimportant? Do you even know what she did? She actually did something for the playstation, not a lot could be said about the other characters you said. Third party yes they are very important, but most important first party is already represented in this game. Only a few first party that people actaully recognize are missing, like Dart, Team Ico said no to having their reps, and resistance is represented in this game. Most of the characters you want are not exactly the easiest to get, or their ips are dead like Tomba.

They aren't random, theya re actually important to PS, not all are PS1 games and just because some people on this forums hasn't heard of them or outside the forum doesn't mean they aren't important to PS.

 

Kat isn't important to PS, why would she be right now? If you don't know why the other games are important to PS do your research, it would take far too long to tell you why. Just because no new Tomba games have been released doesn't mean it cant be included in the game or it isn't important, it's impoirtant to PS, is 1st party and can be in the game. And where;s the source that says Team ICO said no?

Message 84 of 146 (114 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/17/2012
Offline
2454 posts
 

Re: Very sad and disappointing: Roster disaster

Dec 21, 2012
The game was originally called title fight weren't it? Same game different name so does that mean crash deserves a place.... Blaits :smileywink:
Message 85 of 146 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/09/2012
Offline
2365 posts
 

Re: Very sad and disappointing: Roster disaster

Dec 21, 2012
Alright, I don't see anyone defending Wild ARMs!

I won't lie, this i my FAVORITE game, in fact it is the first game I ever bought for my PS1 and I still have that original copy to this day.

But I can even look at this with a bias and say that Wild ARMs needs representation, a series with SEVEN games that are all PlayStation exclusives (with rumors of Wild ARMs 6 on the horizon), several mobile phone games made by Sony, an manga and anime based on the series, the music albums from the games also selling in high numbers,

AND if that won't convince you, each Wild Arms game has sold modestly in North America and Europe. In Japan, the first five titles obtaining the equivalent "PlayStation the Best" or "PlayStation 2 the Best" distinction as well as reprints several months or years after their original release. AND With the exception of Wild Arms 2 and Alter Code: F, each game has been released in the three major NTSC and PAL regions.

That is one hell of a pedigree, and it would be easy to include Rudy Roughnight from the very first Wild ARMs; his move set would be easy to create, and a cool mix between long, and close range. (He uses guns and a sword.) And if that wouldn't work, Cecilia from the first game could be really interesting with all her spells. And for a level three special they could summon guardians that were in their game.

How do you say no to that?
Message 86 of 146 (106 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 09/17/2012
Offline
2454 posts
 

Re: Very sad and disappointing: Roster disaster

Dec 21, 2012
Who the F said Kat wasn't important. She sold unbelievably amount of copies and was THEE most successfully still to this day in selling copies for PS vita, she made PS vita stronger and with PS vita dying quicker then psp she is very important
Message 87 of 146 (105 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/13/2012
Offline
17 posts
 

Re: Very sad and disappointing: Roster disaster

Dec 21, 2012
I really don't know why I read all of this, but I do have a few points to add (some of which have already been stated)

- Blaming SuperBot for the lack of characters is like blaming Netflix for a lack of movies. These companies don't want to play ball. Can you imagine how much Activision, a company that on a business level clearly doesn't care about gamers but just making money.

-I think it is worth looking at the Smash Brothers rosters for comparison. Even in Brawl, while there are 35 characters, 7 of them are just palette swaps and there are 17 universes represented, less than in All-Stars without the future DLC. And just to throw out some useless characters from SSB: ROB, Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Wolf, etc.

- I would imagine it is pretty hard to build and balance (fairly well anyways) 20 characters with different playstyles, which you can't say about any of the SSB games. That is of course on top of the game systems, graphics, sound, online functionality, stages, modes, customizable options, and other stuff.

- I actually like the roster. It isn't perfect, and I would love some FF and crash, and Ethan Mars from Heavy Rain (lol), but you can see my first point for that.




Message 88 of 146 (97 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/09/2012
Offline
2365 posts
 

Re: Very sad and disappointing: Roster disaster

Dec 21, 2012
Actually, the reason Jigglypuff is in was because it is like the second most popular Pokemon besides Pikachu in Japan, they have a reason.

I agree with the clones as well; those are pointless. But Ice Climbers and ROB? Those are just delving into some cool classics like this game has done a few times.
Message 89 of 146 (93 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 09/01/2012
Offline
6395 posts
 

Re: Very sad and disappointing: Roster disaster

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

iiGeTMoNeY23 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:
I am not really following you. You name a buch of random ps1 characters that most people on this forum haven't heard of and possibly the majority and most people don't even ask for these characters, then say Kat is unimportant? Do you even know what she did? She actually did something for the playstation, not a lot could be said about the other characters you said. Third party yes they are very important, but most important first party is already represented in this game. Only a few first party that people actaully recognize are missing, like Dart, Team Ico said no to having their reps, and resistance is represented in this game. Most of the characters you want are not exactly the easiest to get, or their ips are dead like Tomba.

They aren't random, theya re actually important to PS, not all are PS1 games and just because some people on this forums hasn't heard of them or outside the forum doesn't mean they aren't important to PS.

 

Kat isn't important to PS, why would she be right now? If you don't know why the other games are important to PS do your research, it would take far too long to tell you why. Just because no new Tomba games have been released doesn't mean it cant be included in the game or it isn't important, it's impoirtant to PS, is 1st party and can be in the game. And where;s the source that says Team ICO said no?


I am still not following you here. Maybe you should do your research and know what Kat has done, she did more for the playstation than lets say the jumping flash did. Do you know what a dead ip is? Yes Tomba is first party but his ip is dead. Where team ICO said no was somewhere on the ps blog when Omar Kendall was explaining the 2 Coles and someone asked a question about Team Ico and he replied saying Team Ico said no. I don't really feel like looking for it, but I have seen your arguement over 1000 times already. The fact people are still talking about this a month after the game comes out is what really baffles me.

Message 90 of 146 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes