Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Re: Very sad and disappointing: Roster disaster

Dec 21, 2012

Shhesh like we haven't seen this 1000 times before the game came out. I thought these complaints were over.

Message 21 of 146 (259 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Dec 21, 2012

TomatoDragon wrote:

Freshh23 wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:
I'm actually very satisfied with the roster. Was extremely happy when I heard Nariko made the cut. Looking forward to the additional characters.

You must be new to PlayStation then. Because so many PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2 characters that are very important to PlayStation ar no where to be found on this game.

I'm not actually. I was in college when the PS1 was first released.  Sold a fairly large comic book collection to purchase it.  In fact, my first console was an Atari 2600, so I've been gaming for quite a long time.  Sure there are characters I would have liked to have seen, but I'm still happy with the current roster.

Ah okay, it just seemed like you were new to PS because you said you are happy Nariko made it in when she is new to PS and not an essential character and you were satified with the current roster when many characters that are very important to PS aren;t in the game yet.

Message 22 of 146 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:
What is obvious is you are not in tune with reality. okay big deal he didn't mention cloud but my point still stands.

Nobody said that they don't want those "important" ps characters. The reality is they are not in (yet). That doesn't mean everybody finds the game boring or not enjoyable.

I'm not sayin people don't want important characters but there are people that are asking for ridiculous characters that are currently only guests if they make it in this game like a Mortal Kombat characters, DC character, or AC characters just to name a few, before characters that are acrtually important to PlayStation. This game is called PLAYSTATION All Stars battle Royale, not Your Favorite Character All Stars Battle Royale or Video Game All Stars Battle Royale. There is nothing wrong with having guests in this game, but it's wrong when they are included before actualy PlayStation All Stars..

Also, nowhere here does anyone say this game is boring or not enjoyable or that the horrible roster makes this game so.

Message 23 of 146 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Moonlight150 wrote:

Hi, you must be new here, welcome to the PSASBR forums where every and all arguements (especially about the characters) have been beaten to death with a dead horse.

And you deserve the same response every one of you arguement makers gets.

The problem is rights, more than half of the characters you mentioned are 3rd party. And 3rd party characters aren't easy to acquire. And don't go making that Big Daddy complaint, that itself has been beat to death more than anything. Big Daddy was handed to them on a silver platter, they didnt go out and ask for him.

If you feel you can do better trying to make transactions with companies with current rights to characters we want, or go out and do the paper and legal work to bring back a dead IP, than by all means go and do it, because people would love you to help Superbot acquire the rights to characters we all want.

And no one make the arguement about 1st party either, they aren't easy to acquire either. Omar has stated that even first party characters like Ratchet, Jak and even Kratos, they had to go ask and their developers who could have just as easily said no.

Third party characters that are important to PS are only a small amount, most of the important characters are first party.

Also, I find it very hard to believe that SB had to ask the devs since Sony is the one that owns everything. Even if Omar did say it, i don;t see how that can be the case since Sony is the one that owns the characters and everything.

Message 24 of 146 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5478 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Freshh23 wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:

Freshh23 wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:
I'm actually very satisfied with the roster. Was extremely happy when I heard Nariko made the cut. Looking forward to the additional characters.

You must be new to PlayStation then. Because so many PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2 characters that are very important to PlayStation ar no where to be found on this game.

I'm not actually. I was in college when the PS1 was first released.  Sold a fairly large comic book collection to purchase it.  In fact, my first console was an Atari 2600, so I've been gaming for quite a long time.  Sure there are characters I would have liked to have seen, but I'm still happy with the current roster.

Ah okay, it just seemed like you were new to PS because you said you are happy Nariko made it in when she is new to PS and not an essential character and you were satified with the current roster when many characters that are very important to PS aren;t in the game yet.

Well I was happy she was in because Heavenly Sword was the first game I bought when I got my PS3, and  remains one of my favorites.  And to be honest, being old enough where I've been able to partake in every generation of gaming... this generation is my favorite. I've put more play time into the PS3 than any other console  and have loved the characters from this console's titles.

Message 25 of 146 (233 Views)
Wastelander
682 posts

Dec 21, 2012

DannyX13 wrote:
Like I say before this gen is so spoiled.

oh come on you cant honestly think that this game has enough content for the $60 price tag do you? its a very fun game but i sure as hell dont think $60 is reasonable for whats on the disc. the only reason i even got it preordered was because my friend bought it for me as a late bday gift, if not i wouldve waited for a price cut

COME ON, PRINNY FOR PASBR!!
Message 26 of 146 (230 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Dec 21, 2012
This game is not the only one this gen btw.
Message 27 of 146 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Spike, ratchet, jak, sackboy, kratos ect. are imao the *important ones* especially Spike he defined dual analog he made historySmiley Tongue
A African-American adult male has taken illegally possession of my 2-wheeled mode of transportation thus has acquired my property under false pretenses
Message 28 of 146 (209 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Listen up:
1.) It's their FIRST FRICKEN GAME.
2.) Are you seriously telling me Sackboy and Kratos are not important to PlayStation (And Toro in Japan)?
3.) Quit complaining about Crash and Spyro and all those others. LET. IT. GO.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 29 of 146 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 21, 2012

How many first games in a fighting series had more than 20 characters? Or even close to that amount?
lk,jh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 30 of 146 (187 Views)
0 Likes