Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Re: Very sad and disappointing: Roster disaster

Dec 21, 2012

TomatoDragon wrote:
I'm actually very satisfied with the roster. Was extremely happy when I heard Nariko made the cut. Looking forward to the additional characters.

You must be new to PlayStation then. Because so many PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2 characters that are very important to PlayStation ar no where to be found on this game.

Message 11 of 146 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

Hi, you must be new here, welcome to the PSASBR forums where every and all arguements (especially about the characters) have been beaten to death with a dead horse.

And you deserve the same response every one of you arguement makers gets.

The problem is rights, more than half of the characters you mentioned are 3rd party. And 3rd party characters aren't easy to acquire. And don't go making that Big Daddy complaint, that itself has been beat to death more than anything. Big Daddy was handed to them on a silver platter, they didnt go out and ask for him.

If you feel you can do better trying to make transactions with companies with current rights to characters we want, or go out and do the paper and legal work to bring back a dead IP, than by all means go and do it, because people would love you to help Superbot acquire the rights to characters we all want.

And no one make the arguement about 1st party either, they aren't easy to acquire either. Omar has stated that even first party characters like Ratchet, Jak and even Kratos, they had to go ask and their developers who could have just as easily said no.

photo Deadpool_zpsa17e78d8.gif
Message 12 of 146 (274 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I still wonder why people buy/are interested on something when they're disappointed with the content it has.
Message 13 of 146 (267 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Shadowmark123 wrote:

You newcomers this generation have it good when it comes to fighting game back where there was no such things as dlc you had to deal with a small roster so don't be spoiled you are lucky kat and emmet are free for 2 weeks.

Really? Marvel vs Capcom 2, Capcom vs SNK 2 and Smash Bros Melee say hi. Also, characters get excluded from games or locked on disc to release them as paid DLC now and there's absolutely no reason to charge for post launch content like characters, stages, items, etc. even video game companies themselves have admitted this. It's not being spoiled when you say things that are right like being against charging for post luanch content that should be free to begin with.

Message 14 of 146 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Dec 21, 2012

All I want is my 1st party jrpg characters.....

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 15 of 146 (256 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Dec 21, 2012

WAY before mvc2 I meant

Message 16 of 146 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5078 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Freshh23 wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:
I'm actually very satisfied with the roster. Was extremely happy when I heard Nariko made the cut. Looking forward to the additional characters.

You must be new to PlayStation then. Because so many PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2 characters that are very important to PlayStation ar no where to be found on this game.

I'm not actually. I was in college when the PS1 was first released.  Sold a fairly large comic book collection to purchase it.  In fact, my first console was an Atari 2600, so I've been gaming for quite a long time.  Sure there are characters I would have liked to have seen, but I'm still happy with the current roster.

Message 17 of 146 (249 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Dec 21, 2012

There is no mention here of owning the game, just stating simple, obvious facts about this game.

Message 18 of 146 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 21, 2012
What is obvious is you are not in tune with reality. okay big deal he didn't mention cloud but my point still stands.

Nobody said that they don't want those "important" ps characters. The reality is they are not in (yet). That doesn't mean everybody finds the game boring or not enjoyable.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 19 of 146 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Dec 21, 2012

So, you're talking about TWO generations ago, this is a 2012 game on the hardware of the PlayStation 3 and there are many similar games that came way before PSASBR, there's absolutely no excuse.

Message 20 of 146 (213 Views)
0 Likes