Feb 28 2013
By: ThatDamnNarwhal Gaming Beast 2026 posts

Very Impressed with New DLC

29 replies 696 views Edited Feb 28, 2013

I've been in and out the forums today so I haven't been in here to throw out my opinion on the controversial DLC. As read from the title, I am very impressed with the DLC. I see no reason to be upset about it and there is no reason for this crazy rage storm.

The major points I enjoy

• More characters in the roster
  • Multiple characters per IP
  • Dynamic 3rd supers
  • Amazing stage
  • The game is getting support

I'm not exactly the biggest God of War fan and I don't think Isaac is exactly a Playstation All-Star but I will say that I am happy that they are making it in the game. I will admit, I was a little iffy about it when I heard it just because of the amount of rage I read about it, I also am not the bigged GoW fan like I said, and that I'm not a fan of shooters in a fighting games. But after watching some videos on them, my mind was blown. Most of all, look at those dynamic Level 3's! Look at them! They are beautiful! 

To add to this, they'll be putting out that beautiful stage. The Medievil/Unfinished swan stage clashes the past with the present into such a bright colorful stage. I mean I love the stage. I wish I could say more about this, I'm not very good with my words but oh man I do enjoy that stage.

Also If you know me here you do know that I never liked the "1 per IP" rule so you know that I am very happy that it's now non-existant.

I feel like most people are just upset that "their" character isn't in the game. I mean if "their" character were in they'd probably be happy with anyone else who makes it in. 

I'm definitely buying this DLC and I do hope to see more in the future.

Message 1 of 30 (696 Views)
Survivor
2457 posts

Re: Very Impressed with New DLC

Feb 28, 2013
The new stage looks amazing! I hope they keep adding more stages and characters with the ammount of quality they have done for previous DLC. Only time will tell I guess.
It's pretty sweet to see third party characters being thrown into DLC as well. The dead space franchise is awesome! I just really suck at it, so I'm glad I can play as Isaac in a game I don't suck at as much. His level 3 looks badass
Message 2 of 30 (671 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Seeing how the stages and characters get more dynamic as they go, I cant wait to see whats next!
I'll also have to side with you on you're Isaac comment. I own Dead Space 1 and 2 but Im not the best.. Glad to play Isaac in a game Im good at!
Message 3 of 30 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Feb 28, 2013
My thoughts exactly. Love these new Level 3s it's like a mini-game and seems like it'll bring a lot of fun to the game. Plus, since my friend is getting GoW and he doesn't own All-Stars I'll probably get them for free. Then the stage... Wow that looks great and if you saw the commentary (I did) they talk about how there's a gargoyle from MediEvil that taunts and has a line for every character which I know is going to be hilarious. I know I'm probably going to have to buy that map for how good it will be.
Message 4 of 30 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Feb 28, 2013
cheers for the new stage!
Play For Fun!
Message 5 of 30 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Couldnt agree with you more Smiley Happy I was skeptical about Isaac when I first heard (oh yay another shooter) but after I saw the Seth Killian breakdown on IGN I was convinced he would be a great option. Zeus looks pretty great IMO and I cant wait to try him out.
Message 6 of 30 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Feb 28, 2013

The game was getting support. 

This is essentially all Superbot's doing. They've said that they'd continue supporting it with DLC for as long as the fans wanted it, but that was before they were given the boot. 

However, Seth replied to a user on the blog saying that he cannot talk-isn't too sure- about future plans for DLC................

Message 7 of 30 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Feb 28, 2013
As upset as I am that Zeus got in over/before other more-requested characters, I don't want Sony Sanata Monica to ditch this.

Keep supporting this game SSM! You can make this better! You know what the fans want, and you've got a much greater chance to get permission than SuperBot ever did, no offense to them.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
We're both lawyers.
Message 8 of 30 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Feb 28, 2013

You know way to many people are complaining about these new characters. Personally I think you're on to something when you say people only complain cause their character isn't in the game. I love both of these characters and can't wait to play then.

Message 9 of 30 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9918 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Stop saying SB got the boot. They weren't fired for Christ sakes, they were under contract to make the game, they did, end transaction.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 10 of 30 (361 Views)
0 Likes