Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: Vergil as DLC in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Nov 17, 2012

Hold up wait, someone called the 'newer' Dante more generic than the old one?

 

...the guy that practically was trying far too hard to be cool?

 

...when the newer one has more obvious flaws and internal pain about his past?

 

Alrighty then.

Message 41 of 56 (812 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/22/2011
Offline
420 posts
 

Re: Vergil as DLC in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Ginwolf wrote:

DanteShirosaki wrote:

He's not likeable? Then why do I like him? I know a bunch of other people that like him. You say he's a emo loser, not once in the game does he say anything emo. I can't even say that for sure because I haven't even played the game, But I did play the demo and I know that he acts just like the original Dante, so what if it's a reboot, or his hair is black. He's actually funny the gameplay is fluid and fun, that's all that matters. But you're basing it all around the fact that it's a reboot and that it's different from the story, try the game out first buddy.


He acts nothing like the original dante! And I ain't going to go into anymore detail on this here. And FYI, The majority is against the DMC reboot.

 


actually, i can tell youSmiley Tongue from all the negative PR its been getting, they may have lost old fans, but their fans are twice as big now accoridng to preorders already Smiley Happy

 


 

I'm sorry, But thats just not true. The majority is still against it and its still gets more vicious bad rep then anything good. Also I'm on the capcom forums and seen their perspective which is still more hate then positive.

 

And like I've said, I've been watching everything the game has to offer and this guy is just crap compared to the originals. Also I'm done, If you want to convince yourself more ppl like new dante, Look at all the hatemail on new dante superbot had to offically respond to because of his inclusion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 42 of 56 (810 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/13/2012
Offline
687 posts
 

Re: Vergil as DLC in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Nov 17, 2012

Yup, By the way Marrow, your sig. How'd you do it? I'm interested in getting one for myself.

persona 4 Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 43 of 56 (809 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: Vergil as DLC in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Nov 17, 2012
Message 44 of 56 (798 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/06/2009
Offline
1868 posts
 

Re: Vergil as DLC in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Nov 17, 2012
Putting the Dmc reboot hate nope no virgil his just gonna get the same treatment as dante with his costumes jackless and shirtless
Message 45 of 56 (797 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/25/2012
Offline
227 posts
 

Re: Vergil as DLC in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Nov 17, 2012

Same here (I would like to see one done for Vergil)

SIR DANIEL AND SPIKE FOR TOP TIER!!!!!
Message 46 of 56 (796 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/05/2012
Offline
194 posts
 

Re: Vergil as DLC in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Nov 17, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Ginwolf wrote:

DanteShirosaki wrote:

He's not likeable? Then why do I like him? I know a bunch of other people that like him. You say he's a emo loser, not once in the game does he say anything emo. I can't even say that for sure because I haven't even played the game, But I did play the demo and I know that he acts just like the original Dante, so what if it's a reboot, or his hair is black. He's actually funny the gameplay is fluid and fun, that's all that matters. But you're basing it all around the fact that it's a reboot and that it's different from the story, try the game out first buddy.


He acts nothing like the original dante! And I ain't going to go into anymore detail on this here. And FYI, The majority is against the DMC reboot.

 


actually, i can tell youSmiley Tongue from all the negative PR its been getting, they may have lost old fans, but their fans are twice as big now accoridng to preorders already Smiley Happy

 


True story. I was just in a gamestop the other day talking to the dude behind the counter about how I was looking forward to the reboot and how I was gonna pre-order soon when I had some money. Every one else was agreeing about how intense and groundbreaking the game was starting to look. There are a lot of pre-orders coming in. Not to mention...one should never base the success of something on the majority. It can sometimes be an indicator...but the audience should be reminded that the Twilight series is one of the most financially successful movie franchises.....they rake in a "majority." I've seen those movies...and I can say that, without a doubt, the majority is wrong on that one. Everything has an audience. I'm just glad that we're getting straight forward Ninja-Theory quality story potential with this one. No more empty environments in which we wonder...."Where the heck are all the people in this city and what impact does this demonic activity have on the rest of the world?" No more one dimensional heroes and villains competing for the title of most BA without any attempt to clarify emotional turmoil. No more filling Trish's dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTT! The only reason the first game is regarded....at all...is for what it did for the genre. It is definitely not a piece of cinematic genius...or really anything substantial from a writing point of view. The second game might as well have not existed. The third game...I will say...actually does sport quite an un-surmountable amount of merit. It's the only one that should be honestly regarded and looked upon with pride throughout the entire series. The fourth game drove the series straight back into the bland area. The reboot is actually shaping up to have detail and thought. But...once again...I have no idea how the game will turn out in the end. Why? Because I haven't played it. Neither has anyone...not in its entirety. None of us know whether it will be a good or bad edition to the world of gaming...but I do know that I am looking forward to it...I intend to play it and find out how well it does. Not to mention...no one should ever get on the subject of Ninja-Theory "not caring about the fans" and expect it to be a respectful mark of evidence as to why one "should not buy the game." Game writers, developers, producers, and the like do not know any of us in real life. You are only connected to them through the veil of the internet. They have no responsibility to, nor obligation to any fan. The relationship that we, as gamers, have with developers is communicated purely through monetary means. You don't like the game? Don't buy it. No one his holding a gun to your head. All that Ninja-Theory cares about is doing the best they can with their personal creation...which in no way needs to be dictated by the fans...putting it out there and getting paid for it...because it's their job.

 

On topic...I wouldn't mind Vergil as DLC down the road. It'd be an interesting addition to the cast. :-) In fact...there is a part of me that halfway expects it to come later.

 

Photobucket
Message 47 of 56 (786 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Vergil as DLC in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Nov 17, 2012

TravisBlake wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Ginwolf wrote:

DanteShirosaki wrote:

He's not likeable? Then why do I like him? I know a bunch of other people that like him. You say he's a emo loser, not once in the game does he say anything emo. I can't even say that for sure because I haven't even played the game, But I did play the demo and I know that he acts just like the original Dante, so what if it's a reboot, or his hair is black. He's actually funny the gameplay is fluid and fun, that's all that matters. But you're basing it all around the fact that it's a reboot and that it's different from the story, try the game out first buddy.


He acts nothing like the original dante! And I ain't going to go into anymore detail on this here. And FYI, The majority is against the DMC reboot.

 


actually, i can tell youSmiley Tongue from all the negative PR its been getting, they may have lost old fans, but their fans are twice as big now accoridng to preorders already Smiley Happy

 


True story. I was just in a gamestop the other day talking to the dude behind the counter about how I was looking forward to the reboot and how I was gonna pre-order soon when I had some money. Every one else was agreeing about how intense and groundbreaking the game was starting to look. There are a lot of pre-orders coming in. Not to mention...one should never base the success of something on the majority. It can sometimes be an indicator...but the audience should be reminded that the Twilight series is one of the most financially successful movie franchises.....they rake in a "majority." I've seen those movies...and I can say that, without a doubt, the majority is wrong on that one. Everything has an audience. I'm just glad that we're getting straight forward Ninja-Theory quality story potential with this one. No more empty environments in which we wonder...."Where the heck are all the people in this city and what impact does this demonic activity have on the rest of the world?" No more one dimensional heroes and villains competing for the title of most BA without any attempt to clarify emotional turmoil. No more filling Trish's dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTT! The only reason the first game is regarded....at all...is for what it did for the genre. It is definitely not a piece of cinematic genius...or really anything substantial from a writing point of view. The second game might as well have not existed. The third game...I will say...actually does sport quite an un-surmountable amount of merit. It's the only one that should be honestly regarded and looked upon with pride throughout the entire series. The fourth game drove the series straight back into the bland area. The reboot is actually shaping up to have detail and thought. But...once again...I have no idea how the game will turn out in the end. Why? Because I haven't played it. Neither has anyone...not in its entirety. None of us know whether it will be a good or bad edition to the world of gaming...but I do know that I am looking forward to it...I intend to play it and find out how well it does. Not to mention...no one should ever get on the subject of Ninja-Theory "not caring about the fans" and expect it to be a respectful mark of evidence as to why one "should not buy the game." Game writers, developers, producers, and the like do not know any of us in real life. You are only connected to them through the veil of the internet. They have no responsibility to, nor obligation to any fan. The relationship that we, as gamers, have with developers is communicated purely through monetary means. You don't like the game? Don't buy it. No one his holding a gun to your head. All that Ninja-Theory cares about is doing the best they can with their personal creation...which in no way needs to be dictated by the fans...putting it out there and getting paid for it...because it's their job.

 

On topic...I wouldn't mind Vergil as DLC down the road. It'd be an interesting addition to the cast. :-) In fact...there is a part of me that halfway expects it to come later.

 


yeah lol xD the guy said that every person hates the game (the guy in this thread) when it actually does have a bunch of preorders Smiley Happy kudos!

 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 48 of 56 (781 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/15/2012
Offline
5278 posts
 

Re: Vergil as DLC in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Nov 17, 2012
from what I have seen the reboot lokks great gameplay wise and unlike the first two dmc games it has a story instead he was your dad no go kill things.
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 49 of 56 (757 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/19/2012
Offline
1517 posts
 

Re: Vergil as DLC in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Nov 18, 2012
oh god no

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

NO
NEVER

Message 50 of 56 (747 Views)
Reply
0 Likes