Highlighted
Jun 08 2012
By: ThatDamnNarwhal Gaming Beast 2026 posts

Valve to the party?

[ Edited ]
19 replies 515 views Edited Mar 11, 2013

What's up guys? Am I too late to the party of adding ideas to the game in a hope of getting something approved? It looks like there aren't many characters out yet so maybe I still have time to throw in ideas. So here is one of my major ideas I would love to see happen and hopefully has a chance of happening. Games from Valve.

Now some of you may think "No way that's going to happen, L4D was on xbox and everything else was on PC". I still think there is a chance. Gabe has stated how much he prefers the Playstation rather than the xbox and there is a lot more to come to the PS3 (including the amazing new PSmove pack for Portal). So here are my ideas for each game. Detail will be lacking for the first post, but maybe we can talk out some sweet features together.

Half-Life

• Characters

Gordon Freeman: As if this character was not obvious enough in a Valve request thread. Melee will of course be a crowbar and he can kinda be like Solid Snake from Smash Bros.

Team Fortress 2

• Characters: All of them, but with basic weaponry, probably default, so it won’t be too cheap. I can most likely see Scout and Pyro as a character. Scout would be great for speed and melee and Pyro would be a little bulky but has the ax (a little slower than Scouts bat) and his flamethrower which would obviously be limited and watered down. Skins would be cool too (for either team or PS-based hat fun).If not all characters are added, calling the team would be a cool special. I can see Engineer as a side character making sentry’s.

Portal

• Characters:

Chell: Obviously the ability to shoot portals everywhere would be pretty cheap so of course some changes will be made to make fighting fair. I've seen moves in older fighting games where a character summons another character to fight for them as an attack move for a few seconds which would be a perfect opportunity for portals. Chell would be able to shoot a portal and what comes flying out? Turrets shooting at your opponents and bombs flying towards them. Maybe a little more fun can happen with portals without completely being unfair.

• Map: Glad0s from Portal or Wheatley from Portal 2 boss stages would be a pretty sweet stage to fight in. If Wheatley is to be used then it can be similar to the stage in Portal 2 where cores are involved and Wheatley is attacking you (maybe with some new stuff just for the game, or have him or Glad0s grab players with the claw).

These are just a few things I'm throwing out, anything to add? Opinions? Discussing this would be fun and interesting. Bringing in Valve games would definately bring in some attention, I do have a few more different ideas I'm trying to think out to add as well.

EDIT: I will post other suggestions here that I think were not mentioned yet. Sountrack suggestion: deadmau5. Why? I feel like it would be appropriate. Deadmau5 is a huge playstation fan. He's made ads for Playstation and there are videos of him playing games such as Twisted Metal on the PS3. He also has been featured in many games recently. I feel like he would definitely agree to being featured in this sountrack, the ad for the game was Justice!

Message 1 of 20 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Re: Valve to the party?

Jun 11, 2012

I don't mean to bump things around, but anyone second Valve in the game? This was my first post here so it's not as updated as everything else I posted.

Message 2 of 20 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jun 12, 2012

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Sountrack suggestion: deadmau5. Why? I feel like it would be appropriate. Deadmau5 is a huge playstation fan. He's made ads for Playstation and there are videos of him playing games such as Twisted Metal on the PS3. He also has been featured in many games recently. I feel like he would definitely agree to being featured in this sountrack, the ad for the game was Justice!

Photobucket Off for the night bros. I really need to take a break.

Yeah I Agree! Deadmau5 Atleast Could Have Like Some Tracks In The Game Or In A TV Ad.

Ohh And Also Btw Great Ideas You Made There, Gotta Love'em!

Message 3 of 20 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1724 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I don't litsen to deadmau5, but honestly, hes pretty cool.

He'd make a secret character, I see him pulling a record out of thin air then like spinning it at his enemies.

If thats what he does, He dubstep or electric house, idk.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 20 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jun 12, 2012

MrEpic1 wrote:

I don't litsen to deadmau5, but honestly, hes pretty cool.

He'd make a secret character, I see him pulling a record out of thin air then like spinning it at his enemies.

If thats what he does, He dubstep or electric house, idk.

He does more electro house. I don't expect him as a character but I would love to see a few sweet tracks and maybe him in the background somewhere in some sort of club level for DJHero or maybe just in the background in a "Michael" based level. I can see him in an ad as well, somehow, but it would be pretty sweet!

I love the idea of Valve in the game but now I'm trying to focus on getting some actual Playstation All-Stars in the game, although I say Portal is the least they could add.

Message 5 of 20 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
367 posts

Jun 12, 2012

Seriously doubt the game is gonna be cluttered with Valve characters and stages.

I wouldn't mind the Portal Gun & Gravity Guns being DLC weapons or them offering a Team Fortress 2 pack though..

Message 6 of 20 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jun 12, 2012

If anything, I see Portal.

Message 7 of 20 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jun 13, 2012

I could see some portal and other vavle maps that would be fun but not any of the characters as fighters.

Message 8 of 20 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Jun 13, 2012

I like valve games, But I don't see them having a place in this game. It would be a neat little gimick but it is SEVERELY unlikely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 9 of 20 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jun 13, 2012

Scthye wrote:

I could see some portal and other vavle maps that would be fun but not any of the characters as fighters.

Theres a very low chance of L4D, but I can see the zombies as fighters.There is also a low chance of TF2 and Half Life, but I'd like to see Scout, Pyro and especially Gordan Freeman. Am I the only one who suggested Gordan Freeman? Well it's a small chance anyways. If anyone I really see Chell. Using portals would be a little cheap but I could see her shooting a portal on the ground and having a turret come up and go down it or shooting it on the walls and having a bomb fly out. Normal combat like punching/kicking or hitting other fighters with the gun will would also be put if no others could be thought of. I could see her as a really acrobatic character and fast, slipping through attacks from other players.

The very least I ask for is a Portal level, involving all sorts of crazy things like the companion cube, repulsion gel, propulsion gel, panels, crushers, hardlight bridge, excursion funnel, and of course portals. All sorts of crazy things could be added in a level and it would be amazing to see. Portal seems to be going big in PS3, it does have an exclusive DLC coming soon for PS3 only involving the PSmove and was featured in the Michael commercial. Everything else I suggested would be sweet to have, but I mostly want Portal.

Message 10 of 20 (515 Views)
0 Likes