Wastelander
764 posts

Re: Using demos in the game

Aug 22, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

StefanForsell24 wrote:
Blue ray can hold 25 gigs

PS3 can read dual-layer Blu-Ray discs so 50GB.  Metal Gear Solid 4 is on a 50GB disc.  God of War 3 was 35GB I think, and those are just the two off the top of my head.

Thats what I was gonna say. Blu-ray FTW!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 21 of 24 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Aug 22, 2012

That's a great idea! Giving players (and newcomers) the ability to learn more about these iconic characters and more about the history behind playstation is really a good idea. And the whole linking to demos and games would give players the oportunity to have first hand experience with the actual intelectual properties. Great idea Aries. It's ideas like this that really make me hope that Superbot reads this board.

Message 22 of 24 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Aug 22, 2012

It's not a bad idea but I doubt Sony would do it for their older games. And I wouldn't be surprised if there were trailers on the disc for other upcoming games (like DmC and Metal Gear Rising). They've done this with several 1st party games in the past.

Message 23 of 24 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Dispy657 wrote:

VinylSolution wrote:
Eh. I think it's a waste of disc space.

waste of disc space? do you know how much space there is on a normal blu ray disc? the game won't even fill half of the disc, I think this would be a great addition! put the demos in! it would at tops fill around 5-7 GB

They normally put at least two full versions of the game/engine on the same disc to increase loading times (Blu-Ray is actually really bad at loading, believe it or not).  Not to mention they've got 4GB of total space for the Vita version, so they need to find a way to lower it by about half already..

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 24 of 24 (69 Views)
0 Likes