Splicer
73 posts

Re: Useless Sackboy

Dec 1, 2012

I feel like they went a little overboard, I mean it's great to see that they care with listening and following forums ( though I don't see how kratos slipped under the radar but whatever) but  it seems like instead of finding a solution they just hurt him all around instead of crippling him in one area. kinda stinks :smileysad: but we'll see. 

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3rh9wt/
Message 31 of 40 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Dec 1, 2012

are you guys serious? you only lose 1 cakes worth of AP every 6!
imagine if the nerf was that the cakinator had a 1 in 6 chance of not giving you AP, you wouldnt mind

and the jam sesh is nerfed more because they had to choose one or the other, having both as high AP was too much

also, his level 1 can be confirmed if you place the electric pad, and anticipate them landing it, and activating just as/slightly before they hit it

the changes will encourage players to learn to use his melee attacks

Message 32 of 40 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 1, 2012

I think it's ridiculous that out of all the characters Sackboy gets nerfed, he needs his zone attacks because he has no close range skill. In every lobby you see Raiden,Dante,and Kratos all characters that  need to be nerfed. Sackboy at least had a fighting chance against these characters and know this patch is going to mess him all up making him less useable for players. He is still my favortie character and I won't stop using him even after the patch seeing how I just masted him. As. huge fan of the game and Superbots I'm not happy about the patch. 

Message 33 of 40 (95 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 1, 2012

And why has kratos not been nerfed?

Message 34 of 40 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Keep crying cry babies. Your tears taste delicious! Mmm mmm mmmmmmmm.
Message 35 of 40 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Why Jam Session? It wasnt needed.  It already had a stupidly long start-up -__-

Message 36 of 40 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Dec 1, 2012

so happy

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Message 37 of 40 (65 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Learn to use the character people jesus. Notice how the only people complaining about the nerf are the people who spammed the **bleep** out of sackboy. Pathetic. Plus the reason they didn't nerf other characters is because the other characters aren't overpowered. They keep track of everything that happens online. So by looking at the data they discovered that sackboy was some **bleep** and nerfed where it was needed.
Message 38 of 40 (54 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 1, 2012
@DanE4764 I don't even play Sackboy and think these nerfs are ridiculous. Just too much, if they really wanted to change anything they could have just made it so you don't respawn in another bubble for his level 3 the same way you don't respawn in another box for Raidens.

So no it's not just people who play Sackboy that think it's unfair it's people who know he's balance and can handle fighting spammers or it's players at a competetive level who again think Sackboy is fine.
Message 39 of 40 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

DanE4764 wrote:
Learn to use the character people jesus. Notice how the only people complaining about the nerf are the people who spammed the **bleep** out of sackboy. Pathetic. Plus the reason they didn't nerf other characters is because the other characters aren't overpowered. They keep track of everything that happens online. So by looking at the data they discovered that sackboy was some **bleep** and nerfed where it was needed.

You automatically assume everyone that is complaining about the Sackboy nerf are spammers? I'm sorry. that's kind of ridiculous. First off, his physical hitbox is very tiny. Although it can be set up easily, he still has to deal with the likes of other close up characters that are extremely good at beating the tar out of anything that comes near them. (Raiden, Kratos, Dante, etc.)

Secondly, he was nerfed in both his AP gain, and his Super requirements. In my opinion, this was an unnecessarily large nerf.

You say that other characters aren't OP? What about Raiden's supers? What about Kratos's AP gain? Surely you can't ignore the fact that kratos has a very powerful level 3, and he can get it 3 times in one match with ease.

To me, you just seem like some player who thinks they can finally voice their frustration with Sackboy's play style/ moveset without being reminded that Sackboy is a zoning-based character, or that he is ignored in 4x player matches.

Message 40 of 40 (33 Views)
0 Likes