I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Re: Useless Sackboy

Dec 1, 2012
Shock trap can be destroyed by any attack with a hitbox that's close to the ground, when was the last time you could destroy Radec's grenades or Kratos' arrows by hitting them? In fact you can destroy all his projectiles.

Radec's keep away has more range and is much faster than Sackboy's hence why he doesn't gain as much meter because he hits more often. Sweet Tooth gains a lot of meter per hit because his combos are not as long yet Raiden only gets about 5 meter from each sword slash because his combos are better. That's how the game was balanced.
Message 21 of 40 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 1, 2012
The only thing ridiculous about his nerf is his jam session going from 25 to 10. Everything else is fine. I'm positive he will still be one of the fastest.
Message 22 of 40 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Fastest ap gainers.
Message 23 of 40 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Dec 1, 2012
I'm actually more inclined to play as Sackboy with his nerfs, I like using the harder to master characters.
Message 24 of 40 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Dec 1, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
Shock trap can be destroyed by any attack with a hitbox that's close to the ground, when was the last time you could destroy Radec's grenades or Kratos' arrows by hitting them? In fact you can destroy all his projectiles.

Radec's keep away has more range and is much faster than Sackboy's hence why he doesn't gain as much meter because he hits more often. Sweet Tooth gains a lot of meter per hit because his combos are not as long yet Raiden only gets about 5 meter from each sword slash because his combos are better. That's how the game was balanced.

Kratos' arrows have no hit stun if he doesn't charge them so you can run right through them, if he does charge them then it's easy to dodge since it tkes longer. Radec's grenades(down triangle) don't hit on contact, they take time to explode so you can easily dodge them by moving passed them if you're not distracted. And like you said, Sackboy's projectiles can be destroyed, though I'm not sure about jam session.

Message 25 of 40 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 1, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

He is useless.

Prove to me otherwise without saying 'combos' because he's not a combo character.

No, people just gave him the that description because you could sit and spam and that was the best method because why learn a 140 AP combo when you can just throw 4 cakes and get a level 1?  

Message 26 of 40 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

He is useless.

Prove to me otherwise without saying 'combos' because he's not a combo character.

No, people just gave him the that description because you could sit and spam and that was the best method because why learn a 140 AP combo when you can just throw 4 cakes and get a level 1?  

That's what i'm saying. i don't find any of Sackboy's normal attacks to be cheap or OP, they're all quite good actually. it's the stupidly high AP gain that's annoying. Even if you grab him to make him lose bar, he only has to hit you like 2 times to get all of it back. When I was playing with friends earlier, our FFA match turned into "Everyone grab Sackboy and reduce his AP!" It's stupid if everyone in a FFA HAS to focus Sackboy to stop him from building AP so fast.

Message 27 of 40 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 1, 2012

BrianMX34 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

He is useless.

That's what i'm saying. i don't find any of Sackboy's normal attacks to be cheap or OP, they're all quite good actually. it's the stupidly high AP gain that's annoying. Even if you grab him to make him lose bar, he only has to hit you like 2 times to get all of it back. When I was playing with friends earlier, our FFA match turned into "Everyone grab Sackboy and reduce his AP!" It's stupid if everyone in a FFA HAS to focus Sackboy to stop him from building AP so fast.

Yeah man, that's exactly the point I've been trying to make.  People use TWO of his 12 attacks and use them OVER AND OVER AGAIN.  People say that's how you're supposed to play..but on commercials why would they show him doing combos? Why would they NERF these so called "necessary" attacks?

It's pathetic.  They're spamming **bleep** who only spam because they suck at the game and want this game to remain a spam fest because they don't want to go out and actually learn a character's combos... they just want to take advatnage of the cheap system. 

Message 28 of 40 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

I honestly like that he's being nerfed, but I think he got hit way too hard. An AP increase with the cake reduced to 20 would've been sufficient to move him from OP to just good. Even if Jam Session went to 20, that would still be fine. But making the attack that takes a long **bleep** time to use gain almost nothing was too hard of a nerf IMO. I think it should be either the AP increase + cake decrease or the Jam + cake decrease alone. As it is now, it's possible to just barely prevent him from getting a level 3 by smart play. With one of the above nerfs I mentioned, Sackboy can't rely on spam if he wants a level 3. But with all 3 nerfs, even with spam he probably won't even get level 3, which I guess is a good thing, but spamming is the fastest way for him to even gain AP. If he can't hit level 3 with spam, no way he's going to hit it with smart play.

Message 29 of 40 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
408 posts

Dec 1, 2012

RIP Sackboy.

I better start using him as much as possible before the patch, because then he will become useless. Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 40 (88 Views)
0 Likes