Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 30 2012
By: BrianMX34 Hekseville Citizen 363 posts

Useless Sackboy

39 replies 651 views Edited Nov 30, 2012

And now all the threads on how Sackboy will be useless are bound to start lol. I like the changes since when I was playing with a group of friends Sackboy got his level 3 THREE TIMES in one match. What do you guys think?

http://superbotent.tumblr.com/post/36905289005/ps-all-stars-patch-1-02

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 40 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: Useless Sackboy

Nov 30, 2012

He is useless.

Prove to me otherwise without saying 'combos' because he's not a combo character.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 40 (646 Views)
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Nov 30, 2012
love it, and no one can complain till the patch
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 40 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Nov 30, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

He is useless.

Prove to me otherwise without saying 'combos' because he's not a combo character.

You can play him the exact same way. I don't mind that he is a keep away character, that's perfectly fine. I just have a problem with how fast he gains AP, like i said, a guy I was playing with got his level 3 three times in one match which is ridiculous. people don't have to change their play style, they just have to work harder that's all.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 40 (630 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Nov 30, 2012
@BrianMX34 He is a keepaway character with low AO gain on his keepaway now and a useless close range level 1 that costs 150 meter to build. Sackboy can't fight well upclose let alone setup or land his awkward level 1 which puts him into a zone he's not meant to be fighting in. The moves may be the same for frame data and how they work but this screw up of meter gain for his attacka AND for supers is too much that he cannot battle the same way he did before while everyone else can play exactly the same.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 40 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 30, 2012

That much more than everybody else now.

Guys, the reason he was gaining AP is because nobody paid any attention to him. He is not an up close monster, he's a trick fiend. With his only moves now doing little to no AP (Seriously, Jam Session to 10?! Give that to Kratos' chain grab if anything at all, Jam Session was so difficult to pull off), the larger gap between all of his supers is that much more worse.

This nerf has put him from middle tier to low tier.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 40 (612 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Nov 30, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
@BrianMX34 He is a keepaway character with low AO gain on his keepaway now and a useless close range level 1 that costs 150 meter to build. Sackboy can't fight well upclose let alone setup or land his awkward level 1 which puts him into a zone he's not meant to be fighting in. The moves may be the same for frame data and how they work but this screw up of meter gain for his attacka AND for supers is too much that he cannot battle the same way he did before while everyone else can play exactly the same.

His level 1 can easily be setup by up grab then moving forward just a bit then activating his lvl 1. Also, only TWO moves had AP gain reduced, he still has a dozen other moves he can use. The fact that people are so hurt over these two moves getting AP reduction just shows how much they relied on spamming them.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 40 (587 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 30, 2012

I never used Sackboy in any actual fights, but I do know the elements of an actual character, and having most of his stuff be for his playstyle knocked down wrecks who he is.

He now has to get in close, against the likes of Raiden, Kratos, and Dante, with a pathetic melee hitbox.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 40 (577 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6387 posts

Nov 30, 2012
I am ok with the super costing more. I am ok with cakeinator going to 20, however I am not ok with jam session at 10. That was my most used move in my zoning game, and now it builds horribly. I am more of a close range Sackboy though, but this still bothers me.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 40 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 30, 2012
They should have just lowered the cake or raised the cost

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 40 (560 Views)
0 Likes