Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Re: Upcoming Patch: Possible Drake, Kratos and Raiden Nerfs

Dec 13, 2012

Can anyone find the "chat" Dualshockers mentions? They don't actually link to it/journalistic fail.

Message 31 of 49 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 13, 2012
For Nariko I think she should transition through her key stances faster there so easy to dodge. So a slight buff for her I say.
Message 32 of 49 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Message 33 of 49 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Dec 13, 2012
I don't understand the drake nerf at all, also fat princess is actually a very good character in the rite ha nds for me she just deoesn't fit my playstyle and is somewhat hard for me to utilize properly but she is definetely better than most of the cast. and a timer in stock? why is that needed? the point of stock is to go untill you are the last one alive not for someone to dodge untill the end of a match with more lives
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 34 of 49 (195 Views)
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Wooooo! I asked that question!

They also answered questions about features. One that a lot of people asked was if they were working on a way to change the menu character. They are. I also suggested my offline handicap system (scalable individual AP gain) and they said they liked the idea and would look into it. A lot of the interview was people asking about future DLC characters and their response was generally, "We love that character. Design it with your ideas and we'll see." I asked if they took fan designs into serious consideration but couldn't hear if it was answered because of the mic echos near the end. But that live stream got me to really like SuperBot even more than I already did. They are really close to the game and it's fans and I am confident they aren't doing things to mess up the game. They probably love it more than you do. They're just doing what they think is right.

Another question that I loved was "how long are they going to support this game" and it's basically how long we as fans support it. Oh and they did the whole "no comment" runaround when asked about the sequel lol
Message 35 of 49 (193 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 14, 2012
Yeah I was in this too and it was all said. A few other things:

I asked about Ethan Mars, they said all characters are taken seriously.

Someone asked about why so few girls, Omar retorted ,"Thats a good question for the industry" (Oh snap).

They are interested in stage creation. Apparently not much thought went into it before.

Another thing I was interested in was statistics, which they said they will start releasing soon (such as most played character, character with the most wins, etc).
Message 36 of 49 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Dec 14, 2012

achus93again wrote:
they didn't talk about nerfing anyone,
they talked about 'balancing' those three....

I'll agree that they didnt come out and say "Nerf" but come on when you put a guy with two others that you know for sure deserve to be nerfed then you know Drake will get hit with the nerf dart as well. I highly doubt it would be a Nerf, Nerf, Buff situation here. To be honest, Sly should have been on that list instead of Drake

Again, I dont think he needs to be nerf. The barrel is not even an issue like other are mentioning it...if that's the case then they need to nerf sweet tooth mine since he puts them out consistantly.

Message 37 of 49 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Dec 14, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:
I don't understand the drake nerf at all, also fat princess is actually a very good character in the rite ha nds for me she just deoesn't fit my playstyle and is somewhat hard for me to utilize properly but she is definetely better than most of the cast. and a timer in stock? why is that needed? the point of stock is to go untill you are the last one alive not for someone to dodge untill the end of a match with more lives

Though I agree with you about the point of stock matches, I came up with a theory as to why timers in stock is a good idea.

Imagine you're doing a random unranked 2v2 stock.  You get eliminated and your partner is left to fight the other two opponents solo.  However rather than fighting seriously, the opposing team does everything they can to essentially "troll" and prolong the match.  Perhaps you were knocked out early on in the match, and your partner managed to salvage the match and turn it into a 1v1 situation.  Perhaps they were of equal skill and the match is drawn out, taking time that for whatever reason, you just don't have at the moment.

This could definitely be a beneficial option, but should definitely only be an option.

Complain Less. Learn more.
Message 38 of 49 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Those 3 are always the one I hate seeing constantly pop up, and it shows because of how easy/good the characters are to win with. So seeing any kind of nerf on all 3 will probably do some good

Definetly on Kratos and Drake (back before this game came out, I never thought Drake would be this good/annoying lol)

Raiden I used to say was OP, now he is more of a chore to fight, a chore meaning being able to manage but still I dont want to deal with

So yeah, Im good with any kind of nerf on these 3 highly used characters

photo Deadpool_zpsa17e78d8.gif
Message 39 of 49 (158 Views)
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

DarkAngelus23 wrote:
Raiden doesn't need No Nerf. Kratos,Neriko,Drake,Ratchet,Radec and Jak need Nerfs. Kratos the most. Raiden doesn't gain AP fast like Radec,Drake,Ratchet and Kratos. Raiden actually does work to get Kills. Unlike Sackboy,Ratchet,Jak and Radec.. All people do is spam with these characters. So don't go saying Raiden needs a nerf when anybody can beat him.

Can't stop laughing.

You made my day ROFL!!! He actually got me at Nariko, Jak, Radec, and Ratchet HAHA!!!!!!

Message 40 of 49 (156 Views)