Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: Upcoming Patch: Possible Drake, Kratos and Raiden Nerfs

Dec 13, 2012

DarkAngelus23 wrote:
Raiden doesn't need No Nerf. Kratos,Neriko,Drake,Ratchet,Radec and Jak need Nerfs. Kratos the most. Raiden doesn't gain AP fast like Radec,Drake,Ratchet and Kratos. Raiden actually does work to get Kills. Unlike Sackboy,Ratchet,Jak and Radec.. All people do is spam with these characters. So don't go saying Raiden needs a nerf when anybody can beat him.

Can't stop laughing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 21 of 49 (338 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 13, 2012

DarkAngelus23 wrote:
Raiden doesn't need No Nerf Wrong. Kratos,Neriko Wrong,Drake,Ratchet Wrong,Radec Wrong and Jak Dear Lord No need Nerfs. Kratos the most. Raiden doesn't gain AP fast like Radec,Drake,Ratchet and Kratos Wrong. Raiden actually does work to get Kills Wrong. Unlike Sackboy,Ratchet,Jak and Radec.. All people do is spam with these characters Wrong. So don't go saying Raiden needs a nerf when anybody can beat him.

Let's break this down. 

Raiden needs a nerf because he has great AP gain, can cover huge distances, and has an option for every situation. It doesn't help that he has about 5 different ways to combo into his level 1, and double that for his level 2.

Kratos, you can slide on.

Nariko has great combos, true. However, A good amount of her moves are unsafe and can be punished easily. Furthermore, her supers kinda suck to make up for her fantastic combos.

Drake is arguable. His barrel could use a nerf or two on it, but past that he's fine.

Ratchet is a very solid character with a long lasting level 1. It may be long lasting, but so is it's startup. If you can't dodge this outside of a set-up, you need to check your skills again.

Radec only gets complaints because he gets spammed a lot. Learn how to approach him, he goes down fast. He doesn't have a whole lot of up close options and can be destroyed relatively easily. Most of his moves are in the range of bad to okay anyhow.

Jak is borderline underpowered. His saving graces are his okay melee and his fantastic blaster. The Wave Concussor is also a good move. The rest of his moves are nowhere near what the average character can do.

Raiden can combo from anything, almost. His moves get him to exactly where he wants to be. Even if he had a low AP gain (he doesn't), his easy full combos more than make up for it. 

I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say you've been lucky enough to never see a spamming Raiden.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 22 of 49 (331 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Always gotta 1-UP me, don't you, Dude?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 23 of 49 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Dec 13, 2012

DarkAngelus23 wrote:
Raiden doesn't need No Nerf. Kratos,Neriko,Drake,Ratchet,Radec and Jak need Nerfs. Kratos the most. Raiden doesn't gain AP fast like Radec,Drake,Ratchet and Kratos. Raiden actually does work to get Kills. Unlike Sackboy,Ratchet,Jak and Radec.. All people do is spam with these characters. So don't go saying Raiden needs a nerf when anybody can beat him.

As someone that mains Nariko, she is fine as is....she doesn't need to be nerfed or buffed. Nice combos that can build AP at decent rate, but supers that require some situational awareness to utilize effectively. 

Message 24 of 49 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Hmm Drake getting a nerf, that's silly - hope they don't hit him too hard, he's my main. Maybe delay his barrel kick & remove that infinite glitch.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 25 of 49 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 13, 2012
There was no mention of Drake being nerfed.

I'm sure Drake will not be nerfed. Kratos and Raiden on the other hand, hm not so sure :smileyhappy:
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 26 of 49 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Drake's my main, so hopefully they don't nerf him too bad. The barrel should probably take double the time to come out, and the infinite needs to be removed.

Raiden and Kratos are obvious for a nerf, and 1v1 ranked would be great. 

Message 27 of 49 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

Fat Princess "by far" the least popular character? This makes me a sad panda. She's only freaking awesome. I guess people are a bit turned off by the fact that she's not a character that you can just mash square to win. And she also doesn't have anything that's really spammable, considering she can only have one villager out at a time. And a lot about her, from her supers to her name, is a bit jokey.

Though one thing I love doing as Fat Princess is beating the snot out of whiny Kratos players. There are some salty players out there, and I think getting their rear-ends handed to them by Fat Princess makes them even saltier. I remember one player saying the chicken was the most OP level 2 in the game. Really?! There are much better level 2s out there than the chicken (the skateboard, the bear, and the coals for example). To be honest, I'm not even all that effective with the chicken to begin with.

Heck, the reason I even started playing as Fat Princess was because I got my first ever FFA win with her in the beta. I didn't have a clue what I was doing or know what was going on, but I would up winning the match and stuck with her (which is probably the same reason people main Kratos). Everything just sorta clicked after that and she;s been my go-to girl ever since, though I do throw in some Drake to keep things fresh, and I've been trying out Ratchet lately. Give Fat Princess a chance, folks. She's a really cool character to check out.

Photobucket
Message 28 of 49 (278 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Finally! Raiden has the best lvl1 & lvl 2 in the game. and if he does the "4x square bottun combo" 2 times he gets his lvl1.He gets so much AP too. He is the only character that i have problem with him in the game.

Tenchu

Rikimaru from Tenchu must join PSABR!
Message 29 of 49 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Reasons why Fat Princess is not popular:

1. She is a fat girl. Sad as this may be, some people might not use her because of that. I personally find it silly but I have known such things from other games, example I know some girls don't use a certain plane in a 2d plane game because the plane "looks fat".... Sigh... some people.

2. Her game is not terribly popular. Yes it was a hit on PSN but come on, compared to something like God of War it's not very popular.

3. She is not easy to use like Kratos. You cannot spam easily with her and get instant results in FFA noob matches like Kratos.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 30 of 49 (265 Views)
0 Likes