Survivor
2590 posts

Re: Unlocking characters

Jul 3, 2012

You would still be able to unlock the character by playing non online matches, I'm just saying that you should also be able to unlock some characters by playing online matches. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 11 of 21 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Jul 3, 2012

Sorry about that...
I thought you meant some characters as online-only exclusive.

And I think unlocking is great, it adds replay value. 

I sell propane and propane accessories, I tell you h'what.
Message 12 of 21 (360 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 4, 2012

I did like the odd ways you unlocked characters in Super Smash Bors. Melee, but in Brawl I liked how you had multiple ways to unlock 1 character. I think it would be cool if you unlocked characters by completing certain tasks in game. Say one could be simple like win 5 games in a row on or offline, to real bizzare ways like play a match without touching anyone or having anyone touch you. I know that sounds ridiculous and that's a bad example but better ones would be thought up obviously, and there is always 2 different ways to unlock chars. I just like the interesting way of unlocking chars, not just "beat story mode with so and so". I also think you should have to fight them once you've completed the requirments in order to unlock them like in Smash Bros.

Message 13 of 21 (345 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 4, 2012
I totally agree! However, I must add, that the whole 'unlocking via story mode' in super smash brothers brawl, was far too easy. I'd like to see the whole melee-esque way of unlocking:

ie: beat story mode with 10 characters (including link and zelda) to get Young Link, do 10 vs matches with the regular characters (non-unlocked). I also liked the whole thing about beating event match 29 and getting Ganondorf. So the event match things will fly for me haha!

I know what you're thinking, and the answer is 'yes'. I had logged many hours on Melee haha!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 14 of 21 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 4, 2012

I did like the odd ways you unlocked characters in Super Smash Bors. Melee, but in Brawl I liked how you had multiple ways to unlock 1 character. I think it would be cool if you unlocked characters by completing certain tasks in game. Say one could be simple like win 5 games in a row on or offline, to real bizzare ways like play a match without touching anyone or having anyone touch you. I know that sounds ridiculous and that's a bad example but better ones would be thought up obviously, and there is always 2 different ways to unlock chars. I just like the interesting way of unlocking chars, not just "beat story mode with so and so". I also think you should have to fight them once you've completed the requirments in order to unlock them like in Smash Bros.

I agree they could make some unique ways to unlock characters, like your saying. I just hope they don't make it overly difficult to unlock characters. 

Message 15 of 21 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Jul 4, 2012

There should be no unlocking characters threw online play.

Single Player yes.

Not many people have PSN lest you forget........

I think it should be like Brawl had. Unlock threw storymode, # of vs battles, mission/event modes. Etc.

Message 16 of 21 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Can we get a percentage on how many Ps3 owners have Psn, I can't imagine anyone over 16 not having a Psn account. And again I didn't say their would be certain characters you could only unlock through online I just said that should be a way to unlock some characters. 

Message 17 of 21 (322 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Silverfalcon3000 wrote:

Can we get a percentage on how many Ps3 owners have Psn, I can't imagine anyone over 16 not having a Psn account. And again I didn't say their would be certain characters you could only unlock through online I just said that should be a way to unlock some characters. 

so people can not have internet due to where they live I know because I used to be that guy

Photobucket
Message 18 of 21 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Jul 4, 2012

No characters should be unlocked via online. That would basically make them online-exclusive characters...

and I used to live up in a mountain for 3 months and I couldn't get internet connection thus I had no PSN account for 3 months. Some people that have ps3 do not have internet!

Message 19 of 21 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Still finding this hard to believe for some reason. 

Message 20 of 21 (301 Views)
0 Likes